Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sticky:Members Gallery

2002 LeMans
    07 Tuono

Dan M- pretty bike, is that the stock color? I thought in '02 they were either available in Champagne or a light silver/light burgundy two tone?

Figures I'd just see this. I've got a couple of emails from a guy that wants my Dodge Super Bee real bad, and has offered me the moon and his super clean 2002 LeMans... love this bike...
    2008 RSV 1000 R, platinum/charcoal/red
    Akrapovic full system, NERA top triple clamp, Aprilia accessory rear sets, AF1 Ti bolt kit, etc. etc...

2008 Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport, black... and stock for now

2007 Ducati GT 1000, red
    Showa forks, Sachs shocks, Termignoni kit, lots more

No it is not stock paint. The pic does not show the color very well. Looks kind of orange in the photo, it is actually more of a blood red.

If your SuperBee is straight it is worth the moon and at least a LeMans.
    07 Tuono

I didn't think I'd seen that color on a LeMans before, but it looks very nice...

Yeah, the 'Bee is a nice car. I believe I have a pic of it here in my 'gallery'. It's very stock appearing and correct with the N96 fresh air package (two scoops on the hood that are functional- '69 was first year for this), the quarter panel scoops (non functional), ordered with the heavier Hemi torsion and sway bars, and 383 / 4 speed. Broadcast sheet to prove it. It's only deviation from stock is a nicely built 440 (small solid lifter cam, 1.6 rockers, 452 heads with oversize valves and pocket porting, 6 pack forged pistons, etc. etc.) Made to look stock under the hood. Unlike many of these old cars, this one runs hard with a best of 11.95 / 114.57 with DOT slicks on 10" steel wheels and 4:56's. Otherwise, it's got the stock Magnum 500 wheels, redline Firestone 'wide ovals', and a freeway flyer 3.23's. Though these gears really calm the car down, it still busts the tires loose in 1st or 2nd at will, no clutch. Great fun.

Got two buyers... did I mention how much I want a Guzzi Lemans?

Input on yours? Seems like the power curve would be very similar to my Ducati GT1000?

Thanks!
    Akrapovic full system, NERA top triple clamp, Aprilia accessory rear sets, AF1 Ti bolt kit, etc. etc...

2007 Ducati GT 1000, red

Just saw your reply and comments on the LeMans on the other active thread here. Thanks for that... we'll see what the next few days brings...

2007 Ducati GT 1000, red

Quote Originally Posted by JAndrewG View Post
    I didn't think I'd seen that color on a LeMans before, but it looks very nice...

Got two buyers... did I mention how much I want a Guzzi Lemans?

Input on yours? Seems like the power curve would be very similar to my Ducati GT1000?

Thanks!
    My long time riding buddy has an S2R1000 Monster. (same motor as your GT right?) It is obviously much lighter than the LeMans so acceleration is better on the Duc. With the fairing I have better top end and usually walk right past him above 100 on the way to an indicated 140.
    My bike in not stock, it has a PC3, FBF crossover, M4 mufflers and Mike Rich pistons.

Get it!
    07 Tuono

Quote Originally Posted by Dan M View Post
    My long time riding buddy has an S2R1000 Monster. (same motor as your GT right?) It is obviously much lighter than the LeMans so acceleration is better on the Duc.
    Yup, if it's the dual plug motor and about '05 or '06 and up bike, then it's identical. The Termi exhaust (sans baffles, of course) on the GT made a big difference in power through the whole curve. The Termi's come with the DP performance ECU (gets rid of the O2 sensor) also, so a big part of that increase is from the improved fueling.

And yeah, everything I've been able to glean about the Guzzi says that they have very similar power curves and peak torque/hp. The Guzzi is something close to 90-100 pounds heavier. For that reason, I decided that a V11 Sport, Ballabio, Scura, or whatever would be too much like my Duc. The LeMans though, would be much less tiring on an all day ride, so it would offer something that the Duc doesn't have. None of this reasoning really matters though, as I just think the V11 bikes are cooler than spit...

Alas, it's not to be, this time. I made a commitment with a very good friend and confirmed that he does indeed want it, so that's that. The Guzzi owner was offering the same $$$, plus the bike but oh, well. I'm certain I'm an idiot, but I'll sleep better...

There will be others for sure, and right now two bikes is like having two wives- one of them always needs something. I'm not deprived.

Speaking of wives, mine is so great about this stuff that it makes it harder. In a previous life, my now ex would tell me no. My response would simply be to do it anyway, if nothing else just for spite. These days my bride and I will talk, she'll offer her thoughts, and sincerely let me know that she'll support whatever I decide to do. I can't believe how many times I've talked myself out of something after one of those conversations.... hey- maybe she's using the old reverse- psychology thing on me! Man, that's pretty sneaky...

2007 Ducati GT 1000, red

apriliaforum newb

Ghezzi-Brian Supertwin

I sold a few of these back between the years 2001-2004. This is the 1st one we brought in & I purchased it after it got under my skin.
    Last edited by supertwin1; 11-16-2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: photo

Quote Originally Posted by supertwin1 View Post
    I sold a few of these back between the years 2001-2004. This is the 1st one we brought in & I purchased it after it got under my skin.
    Sorry there - no pic. just a red "X".

D-Master
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

trip pics

Some trips on the Guzzi last season.
    Some rainy, some not.

Market St Brewery, Corning NY.
    Whiteface Mountain, Near Lake Placid, NY.
    Rt 33 VA, running from storms.
    2 pics from Hocking Hills, Ohio. Ash Cave I think.
    Scenic overlook on rt 40 towards Hagerstown, MD.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by rdbandkab; 07-30-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Was that Guzzi ride in Belize??
    gorgeous caves and falls.
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

slow day... updated pic..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by rdbandkab; 07-31-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbandkab View Post
    slow day... updated pic..
    If you decide to sell this in a year or so, shoot me a message.
    2013 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800
    2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Le Mans
    1999 Honda XR70r

--

Quote Originally Posted by fwagman View Post
    Use your bum hole as a guide ....... if it's tightening, you are getting out of your comfort zone so back off.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete roper View Post
    I fart in the face of his 'Double Overhead Cam'!

I still have a soft spot for the big Breva and wish I'd kept mine, and yours is a beautiful example!
    2013 Tuono APRC ABS
    1982 LeMans Mk3

Always leave people better than you found them!

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The 2nd best time is today!

Thanks for comments...

Although it's nice to have that big hunk of plastic back there when the going gets a little messy out.......I wonder how she would look with a tail-tidy(haven't seen any for the Breva though)

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast