Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it and I love it:)

I did it and I love it:)

Took Befbever's idea with the R's mirrors, got some threw them on and I like them better then the originals.
    Today at track day here in washington state all the Aprilia guy's like them to.
    No, I wasn't on the track, just a spectator
    Instead of pulling my elbows in and leaning out to see behind me, I just move my elbows out 2 inches and I can see straight back just fine.

On a sad note saw a rider highside his new MV Agusta, break the frame and break 1 grip off, he was crying
    Here's a couple pics of here as I hit 500 miles on the breakin today.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Second pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks great...

I like the look and it definitely affords you the opportunity to go to the clear marker lenses for your indicators that we all drool over.
    "The fact is that sport-touring is about delicious movement, freedom to go slowly and relax or to turn the throttle and run, with just enough of your favorite stuff in the saddlebags."--CW
    nero ash color | colder fuel disconnect | derestricted air intake | blinder laser jammer | throttlemeister | invisiguard paint protection | carbon fiber hugger | ohlins rear shock | ohlins fork re-valve | ohlins steering damper | R&G crash protectors | iridium spark plugs | apex SS lines | corbin backrest for 2-up riding | dark wheels customized | borella rectifier | pivot covers | k&n air filter | HIDx1 | pazzo shorty race levers | gixxer mirrors | Kisan Relay Flashers + Running Lights

wow!

Look'en good. I had forgotten Bef had done that. I just caught a little of a thread when I was searching for something else.

Bowhunter, what R are they off? I assume the mount holes and studs match up as well as the signal connections, or are their mods.?

Looks very nice. Very nice in deed. I'm sure I would have noticed them on Bef's but I'm always looking at the bling, bling with that guy.

Sorry to hear 'bout the guy with the MV....shoudda had and RSV-R...........hope he's ok, you can fix the bike...er.....replacement on that bad boy...whadda shame.

Ride safe.
    John
    2006 BMW K1200SLeo Vince, ya it's modded.
    2000 Duc
    01' Candy Apple Red er (Flame Red the amazingly fast color), TaylorMades, John B's rectifier w/wiring mods, mille air box, polished wheels, de-identified, RhinoMoto sliders, kevlar and graphite kknuder valves,metal fuel qd, Odyssey 545 dry cell bat. fully optioned Wilbers 641, Lindemann Engeering re-worked forks, chrome reverse muffler bearings, Strada's , hone extruded hyper-drive

Quote Originally Posted by dugkim
    I like the look and it definitely affords you the opportunity to go to the clear marker lenses for your indicators that we all drool over.
    Not all of us! That's another fad that does nothing for me.
    John B.
    02 Ash Black w/Staintunes, PC3 w/custom map, Evo Filter, Mille Air Boot, derestricted air box, Heli-Bars, Wilbers shock, new rectifier, Scottoiler, heated grips, T'meister, c/f frt. fender & hugger.

Quote Originally Posted by bikpaintr
    Not all of us! That's another fad that does nothing for me.
    ...I've nothing against amber either.
    ďThe roadís what counts...donít worry about where itís goiní."
    - Sam Shepard
    "When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive. When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive."
    -Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by The Fixer
    ...I've nothing against amber either.

Yeah, the clear does nothing for me either. My 2cents
    John
    2000 Duc
    01' Candy Apple Red er (Flame Red the amazingly fast color), TaylorMades, John B's rectifier w/wiring mods, mille air box, polished wheels, de-identified, RhinoMoto sliders, kevlar and graphite kknuder valves,metal fuel qd, Odyssey 545 dry cell bat. fully optioned Wilbers 641, Lindemann Engeering re-worked forks, chrome reverse muffler bearings, Strada's , hone extruded hyper-drive

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Same here clear len's do nada for me.Amber worked fine for a long ,long time.I don't even see it as bling.At least with bling $$ it's usually shiny.

There for a APRILIA RSV MILLE 1000R, got them new on Ebay for $150 for both!
    Thought about the Clear lens's, but I can find another use for the $25
    I thing new rearsets are next.
    I think these will fit, won't they?
    http://acculign.com/aprilia_mille_03.html
    Last edited by Bowhunter; 06-10-2006 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter
    I thing new rearsets are next.
    I think these will fit, won't they?
    http://acculign.com/aprilia_mille_03.html
    I don't know if they will, I've never read a thread that I can remember that mentioned any rearsets for the Futura.

Some of the older hands may have specific knowledge, I hope so, because I would like to see about some as well.
    John
    2000 Duc

Did you transfer the temp sensor also?
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

Quote Originally Posted by meanstrk
    Did you transfer the temp sensor also?
    My thoughts too... What good is a ride if I dont know it's 82 outside
    "Many people would rather die than think; in fact most do." -- Bertrand Russell

Those who dance are considered insane by those who
    cannot hear the music -- Favorite T-shirt

We do not see the world as IT is, we see it as WE are!

Temp sensor..
    Just left it up behind the left side if the dash near where the mirror bolts are, probably won't be that accurate, but planned on fitting it some where to get a correct reading later as I just wanted to get the mirrors on to see if they worked for me yesterday.
    May run it up and out the cable mirror hole and drill a hole at the mirrors base and stick it there, I will update this info when I do it for you all.

How can you stand the filth?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter
    ...Here's a couple pics of here as I hit 500 miles on the breakin today.
    GASP! Is that a speck of dust I spy amidships? Pretty clean machine there Bowhunter

AzIrish
    2004 Flame Red Futura, metal qd-ed, de-stickered, Powerletted, de-restricted, K&N-filtered, Dowco-covered, Diablo-Strata-ed, Battery Tendered, Cortech tank and seat bagged, wire modded, Throttle Rockered, Garmin V-ed, Oregon Scientific helmet cammed, bungee anchored, 3M reflective taped and decaled, Dingledork seat bungee strapped, Back-Off brakelight modulated, GenMar bar riser-ed, StuO plug lead-ed, windows wiped, gassed up, shoes shined, otherwise stock and ready to roll. Pending improvement: Strebel ear-splitting horn. R.I.P, September 13, 2010 at 55,406 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by futuraMac
    I don't know if they will, I've never read a thread that I can remember that mentioned any rearsets for the Futura.

Some of the older hands may have specific knowledge, I hope so, because I would like to see about some as well.
    Trouble with rearsets is that they move your boots to the rear.
    I don't know about you guys but since I ride with my toes on the peg all the time I keep touching the passenger peg mount and find that bloody annoying. And I would want to move my pegs a little further back.

Now since we already have a rearset design for the Mille I was thinking of replacing both passenger peg mounts, bag locks and rider pegs & controls and incorporating that and the rearset design we have into a whole assembly. I'll do that in a few days (in plywood) to see if it will work like I think it will.
    If so, you could even move the passenger pegs further down if you'd like.

Right now, it's too hot to ride or do anything else so forgive me if I dive into my wee pool and work on my tan.

Edit: the mirrors are for any RSVR from '04 and onwards and are the cheapest in France.
    I zip-tied the sensor inside the fairing and it's still spot on. Winter and summer.
    Last edited by Befbever; 06-12-2006 at 03:52 AM.
    This Must Be The Place

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast