Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Derbi Mulhacen

apriliaforum newb
    Hey, I have to build in a new Chain Kit, is there a specific one for the Mulhacen that you can recommend?

2008 Derbi Mulhacen 659

The workshop also found the reason why the Mul overheated, there was an eletronical fuse failure... I didnt ride much since, because I need T‹V, so I can not really say if it works perfectly again.

apriliaforum expert cristianstrt's Avatar
    Is a regular chain,size 520 with 106 links,15 teeth front sprocket(same as Aprilia Pegaso 650 Strada has)only the bach sprocket(46 teeth)is a bit different,you have to order it for Derbi Mulhacen 659,as much as i know.The price of the chain kit was 100 euros.
    I change my chain kit about aprox 1.300 km,i have DID chain(VX2)and the sprockets are from JT Sunstar.

A broken fuse is not a big problem,if this will repeat something isn't ok.
    Last edited by cristianstrt; 08-04-2019 at 01:32 AM.
    Actual family motorcycles:
    2006 DERBI MULHACEN 659 (mine)
    2002 BETA EURO 350 (wife's)
    2002 SUZUKI DR 125 SE (wife's)
    2000 SUZUKI DR 200 SE DJEBEL (mine)
    1989 YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 (mine)

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0T...e_polymer=true

A NONCONFORMIST BASIC UNDERACHIEVER LOST...

apriliaforum newb
    Every 1300km seems alot, but appropriate I guess.

Thanks for the answer Will order one and uprgade on conditions.

Definitivelly your chain kit is "dead".
    Order a new kit and replace it.
    Last edited by cristianstrt; 08-09-2019 at 04:42 AM.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by cristianstrt View Post
    Nice bike and interesting mirrors.
    You are living in California and have plate number from Bulgaria?
    Is that the original front brake disc or aftermarket?
    Hi, i reply with year or more delay I live in Skopje,Macedonia and plate is Bulgarian one.
    For the front disc are Brembo and it was fitted on bike when i get it so not sure if is original or aftermarket. Just advice to anyone be careful with brake pads in front and monitor them because if they are to tin is possible to jump of brake clamp and stuck front wheel...Its happen to me with Ferrodo racing gold pads brand new one!

Here are two link where you can buy second-hand Mulen parts:

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/motorcyc...=MULHACEN+659&

https://www.boonstraparts.com/en/par...9%202006-2008/

Maybe one of you need some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by DERBI View Post
    Hi, i reply with year or more delay I live in Skopje,Macedonia and plate is Bulgarian one.
    For the front disc are Brembo and it was fitted on bike when i get it so not sure if is original or aftermarket. Just advice to anyone be careful with brake pads in front and monitor them because if they are to tin is possible to jump of brake clamp and stuck front wheel...Its happen to me with Ferrodo racing gold pads brand new one!
    Is not the original,maybe you can tel us details for that front brake disc,producer,price,for what bike is.
    Is good to know.
    Thank you.

There are 3 Mulens in my country,so here are 2 of them:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	387921
    Last edited by cristianstrt; 09-06-2019 at 05:30 AM.

Hallo ;
    I'm Roland and looking for info Derbi Mulhacen 659 I have found this forum , where are interesting things ; It's almost a year that I bought a Derbi Mulhacen , and contacting the importer for Belgium , which I asked the question " how many are made , " I received only the answer that they cannot say ; the only thing they could tell me was that there were only 27 imported in Belgium : Er zijn er 27 ingevoerd in BelgiŽ.I close in a picture of my bike. Sorry for my English .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181021_120322930.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	388293

Welcome among us!
    Nice Mulen you have!

Quote Originally Posted by rollyturbo View Post
    Hallo ;
    I'm Roland and looking for info Derbi Mulhacen 659 I have found this forum , where are interesting things ; It's almost a year that I bought a Derbi Mulhacen , and contacting the importer for Belgium , which I asked the question " how many are made , " I received only the answer that they cannot say ; the only thing they could tell me was that there were only 27 imported in Belgium : Er zijn er 27 ingevoerd in BelgiŽ.I close in a picture of my bike. Sorry for my English .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181021_120322930.jpg 
Views:	5 
ID:	388293
    Did you bought it as new?
    How many km have?It is in mint condition!

Thanks for your reaction , a little bit more info : I bought it from a lady (1m55 hight ) , who bought it straight from the importer ; they made it lower for her . She wanted to learn to ride with it , but had never done it ; so the papers of first registration on name of the importer were with it ; it had only 4477km . So it had a long standstill , I changed all the fluids , the filters and the spark plug , and a brand new battery as well .The importer confirmed the kms done , and that they were only done by the motorpress for some motormagasines as there are in Belgium (Motoren & Toerisme and Motorweek for example ) Then I bought some Original Derbi stickers for the Mulhacen 125 and put them on the bike and also wheel striping . Now it is registred on my name and I only drive with it when it is nice wheater . I have always driven motorbikes to go on and of to work ( then also when it was cold or slippery and snow ) Now that I am retired I only drive when it is sunny . I already ordered some parts to set it on the right hight again ( second hand via e bay ) but I think for the moment I will let it like it is , is comfortable when I stop I can put my both feet flat on the ground and the motor can balance loose between my legs . Here a picture taken as it was by the lady , the dash and the link that i ordered .
    Kind Regards Roland Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	388373Name:  1.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  94.0 KBName:  raer shock linkage.jpg
Size:  96.7 KB

Can anybody help me finding to buy a fuel tank for my Mulen?
    Hallo , have you already found one , or is there news of the aluminium tank ? I think it will be difficult to find second hand . A new one can be ordered i think ?
    Some adresses :

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/...torcycles/tank
    https://www.easyparts.nl/showdrawing/11686/104934/BK/0-4019-1-m414-m2967-m12387-m15199-s11687-d104934/Fuel-Tank.html

On some adresses is only the Black ( version Caféracer ) or the Red ( Version Angel Nieto ) available
    Greetz Roland

Thanks it is indeed in mint condition .I bought it from a little lady (1m55 ), she had bought it herself to learn to ride and toget her permit to drive . She has never done it . It was standing stil for a couple of years . So when I bought it last year I refilled and changed all the fluids ,filers ,sparkplug Ö It was set lower and I already bought the pieces to put in on Original hight (second hand on same adress on ebay in UK as you are metioning in an other place )
    It was bought by her from the importer himself , so the registration was still on the name off the importhouse , first registration 27/03/2007 and only 4477km , which was correct . Users Guide (manual ) and other papers where all correct . Importer confirmed the kms and told me that motor only was used by the motorpresss ( journalists ) to write there tests in motormagasines such as "Motoren & Toerisme"and "Motorweek" for example . So I am a Lucky guy Ö I bought some Derbi Stickers ( Mulhacen 125) and some wheelstripes and put them on the bike . So I omly drive when the wheater is Sunny , because before I was retired I always was riding summer or winter ( even in slippery conditions ) to the work Ö
    Some pics as it was and the item I ordered and as it was delivred .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	1 
ID:	388415Name:  1.jpg
Size:  94.0 KBName:  raer shock linkage.jpg
Size:  96.7 KB
    Greetz Roland

[/QUOTE]
    Did you bought it as new?
    How many km have?It is in mint condition!
    Thanks it is indeed in mint condition .I bought it from a little lady (1m55 ), she had bought it herself to learn to ride and toget her permit to drive . She has never done it . It was standing stil for a couple of years . So when I bought it last year I refilled and changed all the fluids ,filers ,sparkplug Ö It was set lower and I already bought the pieces to put in on Original hight (second hand on same adress on ebay in UK as you are metioning in an other place )
    It was bought by her from the importer himself , so the registration was still on the name off the importhouse , first registration 27/03/2007 and only 4477km , which was correct . Users Guide (manual ) and other papers where all correct . Importer confirmed the kms and told me that motor only was used by the motorpresss ( journalists ) to write there tests in motormagasines such as "Motoren & Toerisme"and "Motorweek" for example . So I am a Lucky guy Ö I bought some Derbi Stickers ( Mulhacen 125) and some wheelstripes and put them on the bike . So I omly drive when the wheater is Sunny , because before I was retired I always was riding summer or winter ( even in slippery conditions ) to the work Ö
    Greetz Roland

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast