Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The "Stay at my Place" thread

apriliaforum expert twinkiethekid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BerlinKowgirl View Post
    From one tourist trap to the next...lol

Good luck with everything!
    Peewee
    Ah! But there is a difference. In Vegas I worked for one of the tourist traps, in Orlando I will not.
    '03 Falco, in the fast colors
    '15 Caponord #119

Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to roast in the depths of a Slor that day I can tell you.
    Constitution Allah Ackbar Tea Party bomb abortion patriot gun IRS Islam dog whistle Obama prayer tax surveillance

Way to go Steve!

I'm usually down there at least once a year (by Jeep or bike). There's a train that goes from here (DC) to Orlando/Sanford that will take your car/bike with you (Autotrain). I've been thinking about doing that sometime this year.

Steve
    "7. I will never stop thanking Ducati for their refusal to sign me in 2009" --- Max Biaggi

'02 Falco
    Renegade high-mount, OZ wheels, JCG custom paint, PC III, 48 psi RSV chip, painted Mille swinger, Works Performance shock, Evo airbox/K&N, oversize intake, Jet Hot coated pipes, Heli-bars, MPL clutch slave, braided lines, alarm, Pazzo's, Puig screen, carbon stuff...many more...

'03 Futura
    Ash Black, BEF Exhaust, H-Pipe, Heli-bars, heated grips, tinted screen, alarm, 3 power outlets (2 Powerlet & Gerbing), charging LED, John's regulator, carbon hugger, Vista Cruise, MPL clutch slave, Falco forks, 320mm rotors, Pazzo's, Stebel TM80 horn, Tutoro chain oiler, K&N filter

apriliaforum expert twinkiethekid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katch View Post
    I'm usually down there at least once a year (by Jeep or bike). There's a train that goes from here (DC) to Orlando/Sanford that will take your car/bike with you (Autotrain). I've been thinking about doing that sometime this year.

Steve
    I've been told of the pricing of the autotrain and it ain't cheap. Still, Sanford is about 10 to 15 minutes north of the (new) house.
    '03 Falco, in the fast colors
    '15 Caponord #119

Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to roast in the depths of a Slor that day I can tell you.
    Constitution Allah Ackbar Tea Party bomb abortion patriot gun IRS Islam dog whistle Obama prayer tax surveillance

Quote Originally Posted by Beau1K View Post
    Well...I'm in L.A., more specifically Long Beach, CA 90803

I have a spare nook with a queen futon...and three 3 full size couches...tons of floor space as well. I have two roomates in a 3 bedroom, everybody is super cool and we all can have people stay over whenever they want.

So, open house to all priller riders in socal here too.
    Hey, we should go riding when I get my ape/s up in running! I live in Cerritos, probably 10 miles away, off the 91 and 605.

This is way too cool of you guys and very very generous... Its nice to know that there are still some genuinely nice people around! As for me, I live at home with moms and pops with no spare room, so I can only offer a few hours of hanging out, maybe a quick chain lube and check over and some free beers

Albuquerque New Mexico. Spare bed room and garage. Green chiles and high desert elevation.

Long time Aprilia rider. If you are ever in Anchorage….drop a line. I have a huge garage. air tools, sleep space, grill, internet, etc. Look forward to meeting yas!
    While alive, he lived!
    2001 Aprilia Futura (given to my eldest son)
    2002 Aprilia Caponord (gone to a great friend)
    2007 Aprilia SXV550- whoa nellie, gone but not forgotten, damn trouble maker

Current Bikes:
    2002 Aprilia Mille R
    2003 Aprilia Tuono Magnet Grey
    2017 KTM 250XC
    2017 KTM 250XCF
    2005 Yamaha FJR1300
    2001 Yamaha TTR125 modified.
    2003 Kawasaki KDX200
    1975 Yamaha TY80 Trials

Quote Originally Posted by nomadak View Post
    Long time Aprilia rider. If you are ever in Anchorage….drop a line. I have a huge garage. air tools, sleep space, grill, internet, etc. Look forward to meeting yas!
    Mike

You need to get here.

Bought a 2012 Vstrom 650 but looks like the Falco will have been modded into a Tuono kindoff and available for a rider like you.

Have only one spare room but lounge can sleep a few.

Maurice
    no matter the brand of bike, the wind is the same.

apriliaforum expert
    Found the thread, someone should make this a sticky and move it to the get together section.. No falco (but you never know given the other apes that come and go), we live in Staten Island have 2x futons and a hammock in the living room, kids that prefer sleeping there (and not in their own bedrooms so you would get their rooms), garage will fit one bike but the neighborhood is safe and we can park 40+ bikes in the driveways and backyard. Garage has a good tool collection and I have almost every service manual that has ever been made into a PDF, we have a pressure smoker and some decent grilling gear, have a 200+ bottle collection of liqueurs that people can sample and when the weather is warm and I'm not lazy, a pool in the backyard.

It has been a while since i've looked at this thread, and have to say what a fookin great bunch of people to offer their homes, their families......( ), for a night or 2 with food beverages, beds etc!!

I have a guy from Belgium's, (Befbever), nephew dropping in, in a weeks time, to stay with us, show him around, whom I've ridden with in Europe, and the nephewas well on his Falco in Belgium, Luxemborg, (on a lent to me bike!), who I met through this forum, and stayed with in Belgium, and have to say it's a pleasure to have been able to get to meet a few of you over the years, like Soul Daddy, and his Sth Cali Aprilia crowd on a 62 ft Cruiser in San Dieogo. My NZ acquaintences, (Scott2Ride), and subsequent major trips each year there, again initially through this forum.

Anyways keep it up, and you never know you may have a friendly Aussie drop in one day if in the neighbourhod, (I do enjoy a beer or three, as some of those listed above can testify to!!)!!

Hoh, Hum, another shitty day in paradise!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Just to say it here as well, I've seen no other falcon around so far, but if one of ye lads ever find your way to the wesht of Ireland let me know...there is a guest bed (or a couch if you prefer) and a dry place for the bird in the company of another bird and a semi-assembled Japanese V4...

apriliaforum Member Ice-prillia's Avatar
    Its been pretty quiet here i see, but for anyone visiting Iceland, pop by for a cuppa joe, and well sort something out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apriliaforum Member
    Just to add - we don’t have a spare bedroom, but we do have a sofa, or if you’re tenting, a back yard. Either way, a hot shower is yours, along with use of my garage, which has some tools and a rear stand.

We’re located in Northwest Arkansas.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678