Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Rally engine, swingarm and wheel

Wanted Rally engine, swingarm and wheel

I am looking for a complete rear (engine, swingarm, wheel, carburator, electrics) of an Aprilia Rally 50. Anyone has a crashed one for sale?
    "Sembra una vespa." Rinaldo Piaggio

engine, swingarm?

The engine IS the swingarm, so I'm not sure here what it is you mean.
    :: Aprilia Rally ScooterMotard® - Retired ::
    [ Rally ScooterMotard Project Page ]
    [ Scooterbase ]

Quote Originally Posted by DRT-Tuning
    engine, swingarm?

The engine IS the swingarm, so I'm not sure here what it is you mean.
    If you think the engine IS the swingarm, then to you, there is no difference between the cylinder and the transmission. So sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Scoot-R-Man
    If you think the engine IS the swingarm, then to you, there is no difference between the cylinder and the transmission. So sad...
    So Sad?

Damn I'm really laughing my head of here. What you say, what to me is.....is EXACTLY the case.

And I happen to own a Rally myself (since 1999) and a scooter since 1996 for that matter and ALL 50cc scooters use the COMPLETE engine (and for your info the engine crankcases hold EVERYTHING) as the rear swinargm.

Cilinder is bolted on to the crankcase that ALSO holds the complete transmission, gearbox (yes GEARbox) and rear axle:

Get your facts before you talk. Even a quick look at the official Aprilia Rally50 catalogue: Suspension: Rear - Monoshock, engine functions as swingarm.

So sad.
    Last edited by DRT-Tuning; 01-12-2006 at 06:52 AM.
    [ Scooterbase ]

Actually I'd argue that the primary transmission casing functions as the swing arm, and has the secondary reduction gears built into one end and the engine into the other. It's all semantics. What is true, is that while the transmission case and one part of the crankcase form a single casting, the crankcase holds no part at all of the transmission. Likewise, while the second front pivot is a part of the same casting as the other crankcase half, it is not part of the crankcase.

You can say that the 'engine / transmission assembly' forms the swingarm, but not that the engine does. Ignore the Aprilia manual. The translation is about as good as the spares distribution.

Rob
    Last edited by williamr; 01-12-2006 at 10:18 AM.

lol...I think its just that when someone talks about a engine and swingarm seperately on a scooter it just sounds weird. Still I agree with DRT talking about a swingarm is just silly...
    Supermoto Central - 100% Supermoto

Cheap Rally 50cc

I am looking for a complete rear (engine, swingarm, wheel, carburator, electrics) of an Aprilia Rally 50. Anyone has a crashed one for sale?
    I have a theft recovery for $600. Engine is good!

502-634-4007

Quote Originally Posted by williamr
    Actually I'd argue that the primary transmission casing functions as the swing arm, and has the secondary reduction gears built into one end and the engine into the other. It's all semantics. What is true, is that while the transmission case and one part of the crankcase form a single casting, the crankcase holds no part at all of the transmission. Likewise, while the second front pivot is a part of the same casting as the other crankcase half, it is not part of the crankcase.

You can say that the 'engine / transmission assembly' forms the swingarm, but not that the engine does. Ignore the Aprilia manual. The translation is about as good as the spares distribution.

Rob
    But look what the topicstarter says:

But that IS the case. It's all one unit. He thinks (well thatis what he is saying) is that the "swinarm" moves independently from the engine (cilinder) like on motorcycles.
    But that it not the case. The complete engine pivots, making the 2 case halves + cilinder + tranny + gearbox the swingarm.
    [ Scooterbase ]

But look what the topicstarter says:

But that IS the case. It's all one unit. He thinks (well thatis what he is saying) is that the "swinarm" moves independently from the engine (cilinder) like on motorcycles.
    But that it not the case. The complete engine pivots, making the 2 case halves + cilinder + tranny + gearbox the swingarm.
    Dude,
    Stop polluting my thread. You obviously don't have one for sale, whatever you want to call it.

Woohoo BAN BAN :P

Dude,
    Stop polluting my thread. You obviously don't have one for sale, whatever you want to call it.
    So NOW you start about being ontopic, while before you call me sad.
    Obvously now you've been proven wrong, you start about being ontopic and avoiding the "other topic".

And it's not what I want to call it. I just state the techincal FACTS. Engine=swinarm. If not, you tell me what is?
    I only made your request understandable, since people could be confused about asking for engine and swingarm seperately. (I still wonder what parts YOU had in mind with these two terms)

And for your info: this request should have been posted in the BUYING/SELLING section.

So unless you want this to be removed or even deleted....
    [ Scooterbase ]

So NOW you start about being ontopic, while before you call me sad.
    Obvously now you've been proven wrong, you start about being ontopic and avoiding the "other topic".

And it's not what I want to call it. I just state the techincal FACTS. Engine=swinarm. If not, you tell me what is?
    I only made your request understandable, since people could be confused about asking for engine and swingarm seperately. (I still wonder what parts YOU had in mind with these two terms)

And for your info: this request should have been posted in the BUYING/SELLING section.

So unless you want this to be removed or even deleted....
    Please re-read my post: whatever YOU call it. It still has an engine AND a swingarm. It even shows on that pic you posted!!! I posted in the buying/ selling section as well (if you had checked) and thought I would have more chances if I posted here as well. Why am I even bothering explaining to you in the first place? You don't have anything worth contributing to this thread so why do you keep posting on it? Go play somewhere else where your remarks amuse and entertain.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scoot-R-Man; 01-14-2006 at 10:59 AM.

DRT

You can say that the engine/transmission assembly functions as the swingarm. You can't say that the engine does. Learn fucking English.

BTW - I don't have one for sale either - sorry.

Rob

whatever...lets just drop this issue this is going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by williamr
    DRT

You can say that the engine/transmission assembly functions as the swingarm. You can't say that the engine does. Learn fucking English.

BTW - I don't have one for sale either - sorry.

Rob
    Me learn english? You learn FACTS. The whole crankcase ASSEMBLY IS the engine AND swingarm.

Call me what you want, I couldn't care less. If you want to test my scooter knowledge, go ahead.

Engine = swinarmg.

Fact. End.

(and some people don't be suprised if you can't (temporaraly) post anymore.)
    [ Scooterbase ]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast