Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cylinder kit question

yeah i know that aswell

i was thinkin about the brackets on the exhaust

but when i was thinkin more inside then i could easy modify it, saw the bracket and weld it in right place

Tecnologia Reparto Corse RS_Patrick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fast_tzr
    yeah rs patrick seems to be obsessed with top performance parts, i say go with the malossi 80cc, as it has a pretty wide powerband, so it has good low end power aswell as top end.
    well i might add in that case that its my job and i tested cilinders and exhausts on my RS50 and others on a Roller to see the difrence in performance, so if you say that the Malosi Replica is better than the Red Top Performances cili fine, but even on the Forum and the AF1 shop site you can find the Red Top Performance is one of if not the best cilinder for road use.
    im talking from experians, not from hear say, tested it, and i do not understand why on the Exhaust test on here they did not test the Top Performance and Giannelli Exhausts. the Technigas outperforms the Hebo but its not really strong, especaily the silencer is bad and Corrodes like Crazy. but if you would nicly spray an extra layer of heat risistand transparent varnish over it and get a nicer silencer for it you got a great looking exhaust that performs well also.

btw the exhaust test on here is done on a Red Top Cili... Top Performance 75cc = TP75. oh and 50mm on a AM6 is not 80cc but 76,5cc
    Last edited by RS_Patrick; 11-30-2005 at 04:29 PM.

i want to see some dynos about this theory's yours...

Top Performances -VS- Malossi ?

Quote Originally Posted by RS_Patrick
    well i might add in that case that its my job and i tested cilinders and exhausts on my RS50 and others on a Roller to see the difrence in performance, so if you say that the Malosi Replica is better than the Red Top Performances cili fine, but even on the Forum and the AF1 shop site you can find the Red Top Performance is one of if not the best cilinder for road use.
    im talking from experians, not from hear say, tested it, and i do not understand why on the Exhaust test on here they did not test the Top Performance and Giannelli Exhausts. the Technigas outperforms the Hebo but its not really strong, especaily the silencer is bad and Corrodes like Crazy. but if you would nicly spray an extra layer of heat risistand transparent varnish over it and get a nicer silencer for it you got a great looking exhaust that performs well also.

btw the exhaust test on here is done on a Red Top Cili... Top Performance 75cc = TP75. oh and 50mm on a AM6 is not 80cc but 76,5cc

no no doubt you know alot more than me, i dont know that much really, im just saying that most people dont think the tp is that good.

Im very glad i choose Malossi.

it runs up to 10.000km before i had to change the piston!

and it`s really fast..

after i tuned my malossi the cilinder had 16,2bhp.

setup was:

Malossi MHR-R 70cc
    MRD 28mm
    TP carbon reeds
    Yasuni HMR/2 exhaust
    hpi 03 ignition

i made a movie off my gas responde...

save target as...

i had 16,2 on dyno

with the hmr/2 i had a powerband from 9.000 to 14.000

very wide if you ask me

the malossi on the picture is mine, but not finished yet
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Eef; 11-30-2005 at 06:10 PM.
    Holland! Holland! Holland! ----Dani Pedrosa!!---

Quote Originally Posted by typer
    i want to see some dynos about this theory's yours...

Top Performances -VS- Malossi ?
    Ask AF1 Racing if they want to do a Cilinder test of a few Cilinders with the same setup just like they did with the Exhaust test. dont have a Dyno available to test on right now but should have a brand new Dyno soon and than we post some tests on here for you guys ok? want to test my stock Engine ASAP with the Red Top and 24mm carb on the stock airbox to see what it does.

i dont know about the New 50mm MHR replica but i know that the 47mm didnt keep up at all
    and dont think i got anything against Malossi because i got a AM6 here with 2000km on it thats gonna be build up with MHR completly so that should be a lot of fun

look at the exhaust tests but like they said in the introduction the street type exhaust dont perform that well on a red top performances cilinder, i think and a lot of guys here with RS50s with me that the Red Top 75cc is the best to have on the street, one of them actualy just put a Malossi MHR replica on his but is goin to go back to the Red Top again. im not saying the Malossi MHR Replica performs bad or is no good, im just saying we think the Red Top reacts way more agresive and a really cool thing is about it that with the stock airbox and a 21mm carb you can still drive 40kmh in 6th gear with out it starting to act up and stutter (handy to fool dutch cops or to suprise a scooter dude that thinks hese faster)

niiicceee... quickest repsonse i've seen :|

Racing SERVICE Competition Steve / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    The TP 75 "Red" cylinder kit is a very good all around cylinder kit for street use.

We in the US can no longer get TP because Top Performances has determined that there is too much legal liability expense to sell their products in this country.

The TP does not last as long on the street before needing a rebuild, because it's single ring piston does not seal well for as long as a comparable two ring piston does. This is why we shifted towards selling 72cc TP 'black' kits just before Top Performances stopped importing.

The Exhaust test that was done some time ago ommitted the TP exhaust, Hebo Exhaust, and Gianelli for one reason: there were none available at the time of the test.

The best carb for the street is still the 21 mil phbg Dell-Orto, The 24 MM is good also but it tends to need more frequent rejetting, which is not ideal for street ridden RS50's.
    AF1 Racing, inc / ApriliaForum.com
    9900 North Interstate 35
    Austin, Texas 78753
    direct:512-459-3966 fax:512-482-8319

Currently:
    '97 RS125 Two Stroke

Previously:
    '00.5 Mille & '97 RS250.

I got my TP75 now for exactly 3000kilometers/1865miles and just took the cilinder off and its still fine.
    Didnt need to replace the piston ring so far.

I used to work for the importer here in the netherlands but me and my mate left after some disagrements and now i hear that there not doing so well anymore so guess they close soon.
    All there basicly still do is strip bikes that are impounded by the police and sell the parts of them.
    If you order parts your likly to get only half what you ordered so a lot of dealers dont want to do busnis with them anymore at all.
    Result: really had a hard time getting a gasket for my TP75.

Really as shame TP quit in the USA.
    Dont know how that legaly works in the USA but a few years ago here they started putting red stickers on fast parts saying Not For Use On A Public Road bla bla... Cant they just do something like that over there?

I am working on moving to Louisiana and taking my RS50 and one of my AF1's with me, so guess i have to have my mate send me TP parts over than from Holland

Quote Originally Posted by Eef
    Im very glad i choose Malossi.

it runs up to 10.000km before i had to change the piston!

and it`s really fast..

after i tuned my malossi the cilinder had 16,2bhp.

setup was:

Malossi MHR-R 70cc
    MRD 28mm
    TP carbon reeds
    Yasuni HMR/2 exhaust
    hpi 03 ignition

i made a movie off my gas responde...

save target as...

i had 16,2 on dyno

with the hmr/2 i had a powerband from 9.000 to 14.000

very wide if you ask me

the malossi on the picture is mine, but not finished yet
    good stuff, i should imagine you'll get more with the pro race you now have, have you tried the 50mm malossi? Either the street kit or the MHR Team? I'm probably gonna be getting a yasuni hmr/2 aswell, although I really think the hebo race rep exhaust you posted in the other thread would really suit my bike, let me know how it performs when you get it, but how how much low down power does the hmr/2 give?
    Was that the hmr/2 in the vid?Or a DPR?
    Last edited by fast_tzr; 12-01-2005 at 11:54 AM.

on the movie i had the dpr exhaust..

that exhaust was more powerfull in the high rpm`s

the hmr/2 exhaust has also more power by high rpm`s...

very good exhaust on every cilinder!
    Holland! Holland! Holland! ----Dani Pedrosa!!---

does the hmr/2 sound any better? Cos sound plays a big part for me, and the DPR sounded crap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12