Page 4 of 199 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me your CAPONORD

geeeez

dude replace that side stand. that lovely lady will finish up upside down in those bushes. My capo is same colour... beauuuutifull.....

apriliaforum Member
    Its ok $$$ is for heated gear right now, it's not broke so no fixie
    02 Capo Nord
    01 Honda Nighthawk 750
    02 Toyota Prius... 0 to 60 in 51.9MPG

Best bike I ever had (of about 35 in total). Modifications: Leo Vince exhaust (Paid about $ 750 expensive due to strong Euro,, fitted after the picture was taken. Beautiful yet legal sound, especially up to 4000 rpm. Touches the swingarm on the right side, but it's Italian after market, what do you expect?), Touratech (made in Germany, about $ 70) aluminium chain guard (just for good looks, the plastic original one wobbles and looks plain cheap), WP Suspension progressive front springs/synthetic 10W20 oil (to make dive of the fork a bit less spectacular under hard braking. Hard work to take the legs out just for chaning the oil, has to be done according the manual every 10.000 miles including changing the seals, never heard of leaking seals hoever). Cruises effortlessly at 110 mph all day on the Autobahn (use Shell Pura gas and Shell semi-synthetic 15-50 Advantage, really makes a difference) and beats most ''R'' bikes easily in the bends. Would like to have had a Dust Grey one, but red was (as a 2002 model) a lot cheaper. Tried a Raid, but that was really a bit to high, loved the handlebars though.Strange looking sidestands you have in the USA. Looks like the one on my Springer. And yes, my other bike is a home-build Santee framed HD Springer replica. It's good to experience the dark side of motorcycling every now and then...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Devers; 12-03-2003 at 06:18 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    My 2002 Capo with the bags and X-Box trunk loaded on.

Had some issues with a noisy rear brake and fuel injection mapping, both are now resolved.

Such an awesome bike.....this thing feels like it'll take you anywhere!
    2002 Aprilia Caponord (now in Aprilia heaven)
    2002 Triumph Bonneville
    2003 Triumph Sprint ST

brakes screech ?

what did you do about the noisey brakes? Mine do that too does not seem to stop them working but a bit anoying/embarasing at trafic lights....Hey.

apriliaforum newb
    Dave:

How interesting! My dealer AND Aprilia USA told me they'd never heard of ANYONE else having that problem but me! Then, they tried to blame it on my "riding style" (what, 'cuz I like to stop for red lights?)

Anyway, it finally got taken care of by the replacement of the rear caliper. Don't know what exactly what was wrong with it, but the noise is now gone. The noise had been there since I picked up the bike (a demo with 300 miles on it). I never noticed any lack of braking power or strange behavior even when the brake was howling....just LOTS of noise!

I'm much happier now and since they also downloaded the latest FI mapping the Capo runs MUCH better and smoother across the full rpm range.
    Last edited by Badchex; 12-03-2003 at 11:20 PM.
    2002 Aprilia Caponord (now in Aprilia heaven)
    2002 Triumph Bonneville
    2003 Triumph Sprint ST

others too!

I remember a couple of months ago some other capo guys were talking about different pads to stop the squeeling. that was on this forum. I just put up with it. they tell me that the stock pads will be gone quickly and need new ones anyway, I think someone else only got 5000 miles. May give it a try, I'll talk to my dealer.

map. wish my dealer could do that

the guys here look a bit shakey and have not purchased the gear to do it with yet.

looks to me like they are on the way out of buisness. they are/were the local agent for triumph, but the national distributor for triumph just brought out the local honda dealer, now they will probably not be able to compete with them I imagine. then a few months ago they gave Kawasaki the flick, so now they have no Jap marks at all. So its now only BMW and KTM and Aprilia, and the volume is probably inadequate. So i may have to go to the big smoke, Melbourne to get service.

Originally posted by clutch
    Hey Silver Capo:

When did you go down there? I went down there in May and it was a blast!!! I wish I could have stayed longer.

Hey, XPad! I thought I'd run across you here!

Someone else is carlo here, so I'm Caponerd instead.

XPADREX and I are fellow posters on the Cycle World forums and at gigabikes.com

Originally posted by Devers
    Best bike I ever had (of about 35 in total). Modifications: Leo Vince exhaust (Paid about $ 750 expensive due to strong Euro,, fitted after the picture was taken. Beautiful yet legal sound, especially up to 4000 rpm. Touches the swingarm on the right side, but it's Italian after market, what do you expect?), Touratech (made in Germany, about $ 70) aluminium chain guard (just for good looks, the plastic original one wobbles and looks plain cheap), WP Suspension progressive front springs/synthetic 10W20 oil (to make dive of the fork a bit less spectacular under hard braking. Hard work to take the legs out just for chaning the oil, has to be done according the manual every 10.000 miles including changing the seals, never heard of leaking seals hoever). Cruises effortlessly at 110 mph all day on the Autobahn (use Shell Pura gas and Shell semi-synthetic 15-50 Advantage, really makes a difference) and beats most ''R'' bikes easily in the bends. Would like to have had a Dust Grey one, but red was (as a 2002 model) a lot cheaper. Tried a Raid, but that was really a bit to high, loved the handlebars though.Strange looking sidestands you have in the USA. Looks like the one on my Springer. And yes, my other bike is a home-build Santee framed HD Springer replica. It's good to experience the dark side of motorcycling every now and then...
    Badchex! Looks like we're all here! (It's carlo from CW. Someone else is carlo here!)
    Got my Capo thursday. Hit the road at 5:00 to make the 250 miles to the dealers shop in Seattle by 10:00 opening time. Loaded my bike on the pickup and another one for a friend in Eugene on the trailer, did the paperwork, and got back on the road, by noon.
    Rode to work on it yesterday. What a great bike!
    The local BMW riding group just lost 3 members to the Aprilia club!

oops, sorry about the out of context quotes.

Looks like I'm clicking the quote button for the post above the one I want to quote from.

right, got a pic today

Here's my left over 2002 model from Moto International in Seattle. Haven't started on it yet. First thing on the agenda is a set of those crash bars. I've also got a set of factory bags on the way, and a centerstand.

Originally posted by Caponerd
    Hey, XPad! I thought I'd run across you here!

Someone else is carlo here, so I'm Caponerd instead.

XPADREX and I are fellow posters on the Cycle World forums and at gigabikes.com
    I knew you'd be coming around!

Cool bike- it is indeed spectacular. It's like having a dirty little secret, but one you are willing to share.

KAPOS RAWK!

apriliaforum newb

My Capo

Hi All,

Heres a couple of my Capo. 2001 with 8000 miles. Colour coded front as you can see, make it look like a different bike - the dogs. Product of a guy at work reversing into it and knocking it over. The paintshop did the colour coding for just over £100, which I thought was a bargain.Sidekick exhausts - needs a chip & tune though. Exhausts seriously loud. Gold probolts. rear guard cut down.
    2004 wish list
    Chip & tune
    Wheels re-laced - going for the biggest I can get on the rear 190 if poss, 17" on the front. Bring on the road rubber.
    New springs

Merry Xmas

Karl
    ftm - ptb

apriliaforum newb

Arse end

Here's the Arse end. 150 section tyre just doesn't do the size of bike and the pipes justice.
    ftm - ptb

Page 4 of 199 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast