Thread: Calling all Aprilia and Moto Guzzi owners

Calling all Aprilia and Moto Guzzi owners

Anyone else get this postcard in the mail? I wonder if this is the first step back..

Card states: "We're getting the family together for some very exciting times ahead: new models, discriminating technology and a reconnection with our riders.

We want to know more about you and your ownership experience. The reason is simple, to make your experience better and invite more people, like you, into our family of owners.

Please visit www.apriliausasurvey.com. After completing the questionaire we will add you to a list to receive a 2006 Aprilia or Moto Guzzi calendar free of charge!

I you are currently looking for a new motorcycle, consider taking advantage of our low APR program running through Septmber '05. See you dealer for details.

Thank you! - Aprilia & Moto Guzzi, USA"

I could take this a couple of ways based on everyones experience. Any thoughts on this? Have they turned a corner?
    Are their enough dealers still willing to support them?

Holy crap, I just saw this in the general forum section. Now I gotta read.
    My bad!

Thumbs down Wake-up call Aprilia

I'm willing to bet that the survey is going to demonstrate that Aprilia owners love their bikes and dislike their dealers, service, and availability of parts. Why do they need a survey to confirm this? Where have they been for the last 2 years? Must be rocket scientists over there in marketing and sales. Can't wait to get my calender

Cheers,
    2003 Silver/Black Falco

Talking

It is a marketing survey to see what direction they should aim their efforts at. One look at this forum (and we know they look ) will tell them what we think.

We like the bikes, dislike most of the dealers , HATE parts that are backordered (although sometimes it is the bad dealers that don't do their jobs), and we want choices in product (not everyone wants a Mille/Tuono).

I know that there have been a lot of changes over there but they really need to refocus on customer service at all levels! Dealers need to care about the product they sell and the corp types need to promote general good will as many people still don't know what an Aprilia is. Poor parts and accessories supply only lends truth to the old saying that "Don't buy Italian bikes because you will never get parts!" and "The parts are on the slow boat from Italy!".

Prove that Aprilia is a world class organization.

Talking

Take the time to respond to the general forum. It seems to be dominated by coasters, Mille, Tuono and Falco owners! The rest of the country needs to speak up!

apriliaforum expert QuickSilverCapo's Avatar
    Definately a step in the right direction...And a free calendar!!!!!
    I really think things will change for the better soon. These things take time

Quote Originally Posted by Capsil21

I could take this a couple of ways based on everyones experience. Any thoughts on this? Have they turned a corner?
    Are their enough dealers still willing to support them?

A questionaire is logical way to get back into the game a bit, though I think more specific questions would have been better for a company that has been in the USA market for 5 years or so.

For my part I think Aprilia USA or who ever is going to distribute Aprilia USA needs to get out a bit more to the dealers and mix with owners in person and as a second approach ofcourse read over responses to this line.

*** I sort of got the feeling in my dealings with Aprilia USA related to Capo rally support that they really did not have any deep motorcycle experience as riders or in the industry....it was all talking head standard replies that came from non-motorcycle industry backgrounds.

>>>>

All I ever wanted was for them to do what they said they would for rally support....and this took many followups to make this happen. With the exception to one person at Aprilia USA I had to keep calling them for related to rally support where it should have been the opposite.

>>>>

Personally, I view the survey as a start as I stated, but I have to wonder why Aprilia USA would need such fundamental information when they have been selling bikes here for 5 or so years. See above *** for what I consider the answer.

Mike
    Last edited by team222; 08-16-2005 at 11:38 AM.

The free calender is so you can see how log the parts take arrive !
    2006 umm doesn't look promising

OK may not be problem in UK .... yet to find out, but in August it would appear that Aprilia along with the rest of Italy is closed (for holidays)

Northy
    Northy....

This is a space where I can put a witty one liner in or a quick summary of my bike mods ........................if I could be bothered

FYI, there's a long thread on WildGuzzi about this:

http://wildguzzi.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=3889

(padded out with the usual Guzzi rancor of course

I hate to say this, but when I was at a local Suzuki/yamaha shop, what did I see??? Even on a Saturday???

An actual Suzuki USA factory field person. Not in the big truck trailer combo we see at races, but a normal guy from the factory who stopped in on a Saturday-worked the sales floor for a while, helped answer some questions, and left.

I have never seen that with an European manufacturer, so far, I thought on Harley did that.

Aprilia would be amazed at how much value we would put on a little "face time" with a factory person.
    Professor of Natural Sciences
    03 Aprilia Caponord
    07 Harley Davidson "Street Bob"
    99 Husqvarna WR250
    04 DRZ 400

Talking Aprilias...

I just got mine in the mail...at least we know they are aware we exist!

14 US states and counting...
    IBA #20567

apriliaforum Member
    Just completed the survey, what they will actually do with the information is anybodys guess. Sure wish the 450 V-twin dirt bike would show up.

Live for Today, the present is really all you have.

apriliaforum Member captcaponord's Avatar

I'm with you guys!

I did the same thing everyone else has done. I praised the bike and gave them the poorest marks on everything else. I'm still not sure why they need to do a survey though when all the answers they could ever want are right here on this forum. Does anyone at Aprilia ever read this stuff. Owners of the product have come up with great suggestions for product improvement on this forum. In a way we're doing their testing and R and D. Post a survey here and let them read the results.
    pavement is a necessary evil to get to the good trails
    '03 Capo (red of course)
    '05 KAW KLR650 (red of course)
    '85 HONDA XL600R (u guessed it...red)
    '82 HONDA XL500S (yep red)
    '02 KAW KDX200 (nope not red)
    '85 HUSKY 510 ENDURO
    '74 YAM TY250 TRIALS
    '74 SUZ TC185 RANGER
    '74 SUZ TC100
    '74 SUZ TS100
    too many others to list