Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spokane track day and great results

Spokane track day and great results

Well the first track of the year for me was a great one with lots of good results.

First the Pilot Powers worked like glue they never once gave me reason for pause the more I pushed the more they stuck; Great freaking tires!

tire pressure 30 rear, 32 front cold they heated up to 35 and 36 when hot.

Second: I have been working my PCIII and an advanced map set up with the trim values changed to lean out the rear and richen up the front. I knew it was much better than befor but did not know exactly how much. Last year this same track I was hitting 165 (indicated) near the end the mile long straight. This year I was able to hit 179! I had a few runs of 177 and thought that was all she had but changed my tuck position slightly and found a few more for 179.

Third: I changed the brake pads out to Ferodo XR sintered and they were flawless infact much better than I am but at that speed I was very ginger with the lever.

Over all way past my expectations.

Oh yeah and my bike turned 25,000 miles old on the track, I thought that was a very fitting place to have the milestone turned.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mossback; 06-01-2005 at 10:57 AM.
    There is no better place to find good advice about life, business dealings and fear than from people who have gone through it before.

IT Services

RED 2004 RSV1000R
    PCIII usb custom map
    Full Arrow headers and Ti slipons
    Michelin Power One tires
    MotoBit's rearsets
    16\43 gearing
    F.Fabrri double bubble
    Removed Flywheel
    Showa forks with Ohlins internals - Thompson Suspension
    Ohlins Steering dampner
    Ohlins rear shock
    36,000 miles
    New timing chains.
    1:35's at Pacific raceways
    2:12's at Miller Motorsports AMA track

Frikin awesome bro!
    -Scott

2006 Tuono Factory (after the house!)
    To be added...

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels moves the soul."

25K on an '04?

You have 25,000 miles on an '04?!

You are a god.

Ride safe.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerGeek
    You have 25,000 miles on an '04?!

Bow-legged like a cowboy?

Yeah bow legged today for sure, 172 miles on the track yesterday about 65 laps.

There is no better place to find good advice about life, business dealings and fear than from people who have gone through it before.

IT Services

RED 2004 RSV1000R
    PCIII usb custom map
    Michelin Power One tires
    MotoBit's rearsets
    16\43 gearing
    F.Fabrri double bubble
    Removed Flywheel
    Ohlins Steering dampner
    Ohlins rear shock
    36,000 miles
    New timing chains.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    179 is damn fast at the end of that straight. The fastest I've seen is 168 just before that right hander. That was with with cored cans and a race map.

I am running open airbox, custom advanced PCIII map 16\43 gears and my custom open cored pipes. I was walking past my buddy on his Falco like he was practically standing still. He's faster than me in the corners though! I just need more practice time.

IT Services

RED 2004 RSV1000R
    PCIII usb custom map
    Michelin Power One tires
    MotoBit's rearsets
    16\43 gearing
    F.Fabrri double bubble
    Removed Flywheel
    Ohlins Steering dampner
    Ohlins rear shock
    36,000 miles
    New timing chains.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Oddly enough I was able to hang with a lightly modded (K&N, full Yosh system and PCIII) 02 Gixxer 1K and an 05 CBR1000RR with a slip-on down the straight. I couldn't believe it. The difference between 165 (168 for that matter) and 179 down that front straight is HUGE! Any idea how much power you are putting down?

apriliaforum expert
    Hey Andrew, what tires did you have on before? I know you hated them but just curious, i have heard a lot of good things about the Power's, a lot of our customers that do trackdays and said the Diablo Corsa's were the best thing out now prefer the powers

I have only ever had an indicated top speed of 164mph at Summit with 15/41 gearing peaking at 10,500rpm at the end of the long front straight.... i think it has something to do with the size of the 195/70-17 slick as if you convert it to a 180/55-17 it is 180+ or something scary fast like that
    Last edited by clarkie49; 06-28-2005 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RSVchad
    Oddly enough I was able to hang with a lightly modded (K&N, full Yosh system and PCIII) 02 Gixxer 1K and an 05 CBR1000RR with a slip-on down the straight. I couldn't believe it. The difference between 165 (168 for that matter) and 179 down that front straight is HUGE! Any idea how much power you are putting down?
    Well by George Dean's Dyno (take it for what it's worth) I showed 140 rwhp, he said at the time that mine was most powerful twin he'd ever had on his dyno. He uses a SuperFlow Eddy Current dyno complete with blowers for the ram air. But like I said take for the number that is is my bike will get different numbers from different dyno's for sure.

Last year I hit 165 a few times down that straight (it's a mile long!) and cooked my rotors trying to slow for turn 1. I now have Ferodo Sintered XR pads they are brilliant good for the nerves when it comes to clamping down and shedding some speed.

IT Services

RED 2004 RSV1000R
    PCIII usb custom map
    Michelin Power One tires
    MotoBit's rearsets
    16\43 gearing
    F.Fabrri double bubble
    Removed Flywheel
    Ohlins Steering dampner
    Ohlins rear shock
    36,000 miles
    New timing chains.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkie49
    Hey Andrew, what tires did you have on before? I know you hated them but just curious, i have heard a lot of good things about the Power's, a lot of our customers that do trackdays and said the Diablo Corsa's were the best thing out now prefer the powers

I have only ever had an indicated top speed of 164mph at Summit with 15/41 gearing peaking at 10,500rpm at the end of the long front straight.... i think it has something to do with the size of the 195/70-17 slick as if you convert it to a 180/55-17 it is 180+ or something scary fast like that !
    Yeah I had the dunny 208's before and slid all over the place I sort of hated them. But I was coming from running DOT Supercorsa's before so go figure I not like the dunny's

I love the powers! Like rails with just a bit of slip but very controlled.

I am running 180/55.

IT Services

RED 2004 RSV1000R
    PCIII usb custom map
    Michelin Power One tires
    MotoBit's rearsets
    16\43 gearing
    F.Fabrri double bubble
    Removed Flywheel
    Ohlins Steering dampner
    Ohlins rear shock
    36,000 miles
    New timing chains.

apriliaforum Junkie WAZZU_Mille's Avatar
    Mossback, are you planning on attending SBNW in Stevenson, WA (August 25-28)? It's a sportbike rally. Check it out on www.soundrider.com

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by mossback
    Well by George Dean's Dyno (take it for what it's worth) I showed 140 rwhp, he said at the time that mine was most powerful twin he'd ever had on his dyno. He uses a SuperFlow Eddy Current dyno complete with blowers for the ram air. But like I said take for the number that is is my bike will get different numbers from different dyno's for sure.

Last year I hit 165 a few times down that straight (it's a mile long!) and cooked my rotors trying to slow for turn 1. I now have Ferodo Sintered XR pads they are brilliant good for the nerves when it comes to clamping down and shedding some speed.
    Speaking of "cooked rotors," I noticed shuddering from the front coming down from speeds any greater than 150 at the end of the straight. Upon examination of the rotors there appears to be hot spots all over both front rotors. The brakes are completely stock. Would new pads cure this? Is this a common problem on the stock pads/rotors?

Yep get rid of the stock pads. Go and get the ferodo Sintered XR pads and that will go away.

IT Services

RED 2004 RSV1000R
    PCIII usb custom map
    Michelin Power One tires
    MotoBit's rearsets
    16\43 gearing
    F.Fabrri double bubble
    Removed Flywheel
    Ohlins Steering dampner
    Ohlins rear shock
    36,000 miles
    New timing chains.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Do you think my rotors are still okay? There are visable spots on the rotor where it looks like they were overheated (blue and purple spots).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast