Thread: Just picked up 05 RSVR

apriliaforum newb

Just picked up 05 RSVR

Hi all new here.

Just got back to work after picking up new 05 RSVR. 40 miles on A roads back keeping rpm below 6000 (not) was superb. Turned so easily compared to GSXR 1000 k2 it replaced.
    Looking forward to the ride home.

Regards Darren

apriliaforum Member
    nice 1 mate good to see your got the v-twin bug

Welcome to a new world. Enjoy yourself
    Black Factory, arrow Titanium cans flapper disabled, remapped by Clarkie, 10.5 rear spring, 1.0 front springs. MRA screen. P/CIII with custom map. 15/42 gearing. EVO air box kit. pptunig rearsets. Big Bore Kit.

2010 848EVO, Akro c/f slip ons, 1098r tail seat unit.

Congrats! I've had my 04 about six weeks now and have over 1200 miles on her. I'm sure you'll be extremely happy.
    ~ Roger
    '04 RSV-R Factory (sold - Go Ted!)
    '07.5 "1060 Monster" Tuono-R Factory (off to new home)
    What's next?

Congratulations. I remember what a great feeling that was. Even though I've ridden bikes all my life I was a little intimidated by my '04 at first. Mostly it was the torque difference relative to the 2-stroke RS250 I'd been riding the last 4 years. 4-Strokes in general spooked me for this reason.

Still, I rode the Factory a lot, but always gently (much respect). Then one day, I couldn't resist, and felt I'd held back long enough. I sat at the light waiting for it to change, wondering what it was going to be like. Was I going to fall off the back?

The light changed green, and I accelerated away smoothly and did a low wheelie across the intersection. I hit second and did another moderate wheelie. Neither time had I fully gassed it, just more than I'd ever done before. Inly made it to 3rd before I was over 100mph, and coming up to another stoplight.

I was actually looking forward to stopping, only so I could launch again, this time a little harder than the last one. This bike ROCKS. As soon as I figured out how to not freak out over the massive amounts of torque I was able to fully enjoy it. I still have a mild fear of falling off the back of it though - especially above 150MPH.

RZ Rob
    PS: I haven't really ridden the 2-stroke much since. When I did, it seemed gutless.
    Keep the Rubber Side Down

Bikes

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Silver (the fastest color)
    2007 Aprilia SXV 550 - Plated
    1999 Aprilia RS250 - Plated
    2003 Honda CRF150 - Plated (girlfriend's toy)
    2006 Honda CRF450 - Fun Toy
    1970 Honda Z50 - Plated (pretty clean)
    GoPed Sport - Conquered IOM TT in 2000