Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tail light assembly, PN 8124693

Tail light assembly, PN 8124693

Anyone know of a shop in the US with one in stock? I need one.
    If I just gave you mechanical, personal, legal or medical advice, it's up to you to get a proper diagnosis from a qualified expert.

WE'll now that's probably going to be a tough one...
    I got my sprockets from pro italia in gelndale CA, when no one else had one, maybe they carry more parts. I'd probably just start calling the big dealers, and if they don't have it ask them nicely where they'd suggest to look.

Try emailing this seller, IIRC he bought a crashed futura here in mn, dunno if he has the part though.
    edit: forgot the link
    http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ9doubleQ2dr
    Last edited by mnrstrider; 02-25-2005 at 04:15 PM.

I've had good luck getting parts from Greg at Rollin' Fast Cycle Sports in N.J.(908-236-9000) Give him a call & see if he can help.
    John B.
    02 Ash Black w/Staintunes, PC3 w/custom map, Evo Filter, Mille Air Boot, derestricted air box, Heli-Bars, Wilbers shock, new rectifier, Scottoiler, heated grips, T'meister, c/f frt. fender & hugger.

Funny you should ask about such a part.. My wires on the tail light burn through the other day. Pro Italia got the parts pretty quickly and it was under warranty to boot.
    Talk to Ken, he seems to know the most about all the Aprilia stuff.

http://www.proitalia.com/

Thanks for the reply, all. Aprilia US parts in Georgia has one headed to a dealer who will then send it to me. In the meantime, I've repaired the offending parts to serve until the new one arrives.

I'd suggest everyone remove the 3 bolts that hold the lens in place and put some anti-seize on the threads, then re-install..... before yours seize like mine did.
    If I just gave you mechanical, personal, legal or medical advice, it's up to you to get a proper diagnosis from a qualified expert.

Talking

Ohhh Sure give us a line now... WE know you were scraping the tail light riding wheelies, squid You need a scrape plate don't you know? try searching stuntlife forum...

Sorry for the late reply.... been to Key West and back. Man, I'm still grinning. No wheelies, but I ticked over to 44k miles. What a great motorcycle (and trip).

4 weeks

Still waiting... 4 weeks now. (tap tap tap)

Got it.

Hang in there rblue02. I got my new assembly today. The dealer got it a week ago, shipped it out to me immediately. So, that means less than 4 weeks to get a fairly uncommon part.

Oh, yeah..... Looking over the new taillight assembly, I think it's a wonder LOTS of owners have not lost a lens. It'd be so easy to catch the corner of one of the amber lenses with the wash rag when washing the bike and crack the plastic.

Now I can return to my original goal of putting LED bulbs in the tail/stop.

I pulled mine off this weekend to neverseize the mounting bolts & took a look at the construction. Looks like the lens is just glued to the base so it might be worth a check to make sure you've got a good seal whenever you have it off changing a bulb.
    John B.
    02 Ash Black w/Staintunes, PC3 w/custom map, Evo Filter, Mille Air Boot, derestricted air box, Heli-Bars, Wilbers shock, new rectifier, Scottoiler, heated grips, T'meister, c/f frt. fender & hugger.

Yeah.

The red lens appears sealed to the elements, but the ambers allow water to run inside, then back out when I wash mine; at least on the old one... haven't installed the new one yet. (Spent last evening changing out a tire with a nail.)

So, after getting this part and installing it a few months ago, last night I noticed the new assembly is cracked again right where the old one was: at the extentions where it bolts on. Who should I complain to? Would it do me any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    So, after getting this part and installing it a few months ago, last night I noticed the new assembly is cracked again right where the old one was: at the extentions where it bolts on. Who should I complain to? Would it do me any good?

Dan - Most OEM parts carry a 1 year warranty so I'd complain to the dealer you bought it from. Is this the entire rear tail piece that mounts to the subframe with 3 bolts or just the tail light assy held in by 2? bolts? Any chance you overtightened them? Did you use any sealant on the mounting bolts?
    John B.

I am not to impressed with my second tail light assy. The lense has broken again. Maybe from a stone, but it not so bad that I need to replace it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bikpaintr
    Dan - Most OEM parts carry a 1 year warranty so I'd complain to the dealer you bought it from. Is this the entire rear tail piece that mounts to the subframe with 3 bolts or just the tail light assy held in by 2? bolts? Any chance you overtightened them? Did you use any sealant on the mounting bolts?
    The entire 3 bolt piece.... all $230 of it.

No... I did not overtighten it. In fact, I first tried this assembly with LED bulbs but never got as far as the street with the LED's-- they were too dim, so I removed them. But, even changing the bulbs-- which requires r&r of some screws threaded into the plastic-- resulted in the plastic breaking... and I very carefully re-installed the screws so that it did not cut new thread slots in the plastic. I fixed the broken screw hole with some epoxy.

Next discovery was that the right hand amber signal lens was in danger of falling off.... so I ran some epoxy under it... thinking I'd saved the day for all concerned. Remember, it took a full month to get this part, so sending it back didn't even occur to me.

Now this. Sheesh. I can't even get the light unit off the bike without further damaging it: two bolts are loose and just spin freely-- not holding anything, the plastic is broken away-- while the other won't back out due to the threaded metal insert spinning inside the plastic. I'm guessing at the last, but surmise it from what I know of the part.) Also, antisieze was sparingly used when I installed the assembly.....

If the part carries a 1 year warranty, I'll call and ask.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast