Thread: This has been quiet for a while........

This has been quiet for a while........

Anyway's Happy New Year to all the Aussies!

Hoh, Hum, another shitty day in paradise!

I think there is more activity from the Aussies in the other forums. Well, I'm planning to do a Track day at PI on the 24th March, the Thursday before easter. Any other Aussies interested ???
    2013 Tuono APRC ABS
    1982 LeMans Mk3

Always leave people better than you found them!

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The 2nd best time is today!

I'm doing one at EC on the Friday 18th March. Can't wait!

apriliaforum Member Johnny in Oz's Avatar
    Just back to work and still without a bike. It's been almost 3 months now.

The repairer is waiting on the bodywork to come back from the spraypainter - maybe this week with any luck.

I've had the headers ceramic coated and a few other things done as well while it's been in pieces so I'm really hanging out to get it back and out for a ride.

John

John, did you get to go up to Thunderbolts and the Oxley a month ago or not?

TTYS, and yep I'd be hanging out as well!

Oh yes, I've forgotten about that. I did go up the Oxley Highway and Thunderbolts etc. My bike was obviously not repaired yet, so I hired a bike for the weekend and had a real blast, except that . . . . . 5 bikes started but only 3 made it back.

One of the guys had just picked up a brand new '05 model 999 at 4pm on Friday and had written it off by 8:30am on Sunday - not far from Gingers Creek - I have the photos to prove it. Truly sickening stuff. He's OK, but that's $30K in 40 hours. In fact he had also written off an ST2 on the Old Road a month earlier.

Then the rest of us set off and the next guy totals his '04 GSXR 1100 shortly after lunch near Gloucester. I was behind him at time and saw the whole disaster - could'nt believe it as he hits a gaping pothole on a righthander and careers off a cliff with about a 5 metre drop into heavily wooded gully with rocky outcrop. I was certain he had bought the farm as I rushed down after him. Incredibly, he had landed on the only bit of grass in the vicinity and ended up with no more than a sore groin and sprained wrist.

Bike was obviously totalled - also his second w/off in 12 months.

Happy new year.

John

I'd be maybe buying a lottery ticket, and also staying well clear of those 2 guys, in future.

TTYS

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Exdukenut
    I'd be maybe buying a lottery ticket, and also staying well clear of those 2 guys, in future.

TTYS
    Good grief. Makes my Ginger's run look like a Boy Scout outing! Er ... not the outing of a Boy Scout .. you know what I mean.

There are some REALLLY bad bits of raod on that run now. Sure would be fun to take Bob Carr on a fast pillion run to Gingers. "Hey, how's the ride Bob?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    There are some REALLLY bad bits of raod on that run now.
    Just to set the record straight . . . the Oxley Highway was in the best condition I've encountered for some time. I came off a few years back when the weather had been less than ideal, making it difficult to pick the condition of the surface. As I approached the same corner on this recent run I was delighted to see how clean and clear it looked all the way thru the corner, as was the Highway itself, so I merrily got on with it at a very enjoyable pace, no trouble whatsoever. Heaven on a stick.

The Ducati-rider's fall was 100% rider error.

As for the pothole, however, this was on that piece of crap known as Bucketts Way near Dungog, in fact. Maybe this is the bad bit you're thinking of Fox.

John

aaah ... the Bucketts Way .... I rode that early last year on my Oxley Hwy run with Mille_Finners. I think I recall describing it to one of the guys in the Melbourne Club as the worst "sealed" road I have ever ridden ... if you want to call it sealed. What a "Bucket of Sh!t" ... it's a shame that it's the only inland road to get to the Oxley Hwy :-(
    Adam
    2004 RSV1000 Factory Erre (black)
    Modifications:
    - Aprilia Racing Titantium slip-ons
    - ECU Map 3
    - Flapper Disabled
    - 15 tooth front sprocket

apriliaforum expert
    Yes that be the one - Hehehe 'Bucket of Shit' - i Like it. Plus we had gale force winds - it's no fun riding like you're cornering on a straight piece of raod!