this is mine! from Bucharest
    Attached Images Attached Images  

apriliaforum newb Ricardo Pegaso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Splinter8521
    Just Passed my test and bought this beauty 2nd hand so needs a little work

What age/model your peg?

apriliaforum Member
    Rovercordorba

Nice bike. I appreciate people who keep their bike clean. Well maintained i hope!!

apriliaforum newb
    Wow, what a lot of neat Bikes! If I didn't already have one, I would have to go out and get one.

Heres a pic of mine (with the old headlight) just before going on a tour of the Alps around my home in Austria.

apriliaforum newb
    ...and a (bad) one with the new headlights. The difference is like changing from a candle to a lightbulb.

Its a 1996 MX.

apriliaforum Member
    Dear Alpine_Peg

I like the new headlights. Do you have a better picture. What type/brand of lights did you install.

Thanks.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by klpegaso
    Dear Alpine_Peg

I like the new headlights. Do you have a better picture. What type/brand of lights did you install.

Thanks.
    Hi KLPegaso!

The Bikes currently taken apart but I am planing on reassembling it the coming weekend. I'll take some pictures then.

As far as the Lights go, they are what we call "Elliptical Beams" here and they are used on many Streetfighter bikes. To be able to just drop them in, you need to make an aluminium plate thats looks like this: (thanks to Rotax650 in germany for providing the Pic on his Site www.apriliapegaso.de)

Click ME for full size!

The lights can be purchased eg @ hein gericke in germany. I got them for about 60 Euro's

For those who like the original squarish one, theres also a way to make that look somewhat modern. Some guys in the german aprilia Forum found that the Headlight of the BMW C1 (Clear glass light) has the exact same dimensions as the original Aprilia headlight and can apparently be used as a drop in replacement.

Regards,
    Rev
    Last edited by Alpine_Peg; 01-07-2007 at 01:15 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    Just remembered, another german guy did the same thing but with a different approach. Take a look HERE

Best,
    Rev

apriliaforum newb
    Just joined, and thought I'd post a pic of my mk2.. I'm loving it muchly! its done 53000 km, and rides great.Has been fitted with predator exhausts,and a Givi box. Just done the chain and sprockets,and intend on putting some miles on it now!

I have a few questions..... Its a 1998 reg,Italian import, were the mk2's still sold in Italy at this time? Did any come with MPH speedo's and left hand dip headlights? If yes,I need them!

Any tips on wheelies? It comes up no probs,but I wimp out and shut the throttle!

Does the BMW Funduro shock fit?

What do you guys recommend for tyres? my back end slides all over the place supermoto stylee with Bridgestone trial wings.....

apriliaforum newb
    This is my Cube on a camping trip to the Western Isles last week at Uig Bay on the Isle of Lewis. Great roads, great weather but some silly sheep!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiff
    Does the BMW Funduro shock fit?

What do you guys recommend for tyres? my back end slides all over the place supermoto stylee with Bridgestone trial wings.....
    Hey Tiff - no the BMW shock doesn't seem to be the same spec. I haven't tried it myself, but I checked the specifications for the two shocks and they are different.

I bought a replacement from Hagon, 255 delivered. It is the M68031. Really nice shock, good range of adjustment, and if you want the remote adjuster, it is an option at 125.

They also make progressive fork springs for 55 +P&P, but I think if you buy them together they will ship them P&P free.

The guys at Hagon are really friendly - give them a ring and have a chat.

http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk

As to tyres, I have the Michelin TX66s - good on the road with a small amount of off-road ability. The Anakee is the current replacement, a friend of mine who has a Funduro with the TX66s has fitted the Anakee and says they are great - but more road than trail oriented.

For manuals etc, give me a shout.

Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast