Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI problems - error codes (FULL list)

Quote Originally Posted by bullit in head
    thats just too funny!!!! it made me laugh, it is a joke right???????
    bullit
    Mine does that too! The errorcode changes every minute!
    Rob - '01 Rosso Flame

"Riders Create More Problems Than Motorcycles Are Designed To Handle" - Keith Code

Quote Originally Posted by bullit in head
    thats just too funny!!!! it made me laugh, it is a joke right???????

if not, then it sounds like your clock is in setting mode!

bullit
    Awww crap. Maybe I'm a retard. But, there was no ":" between the numbers like there is in clock-setting mode, and the diagnostic connectors were connected at the time. Is it possible to get into clock-setting mode with the diagnostic connectors connected?? Are EFI error codes always given as one code (one or two numbers), or will it display two at once? I guess I'll have to try again and see if I get anything different.

'01 Futura: Charging mod, Regulator wiring mod, tank filler cap mod, Penske, GPS, Heated grips, PCIII, SpeedBleeders, floaterized rotors, 05 map, upsized battery, Ford E9TZ-11450-B starter relay, crappy MPG
    '88 HawkGT RC31 (Rock on...): EVERY mod imaginable (almost)
    '88 HawkGT Blue: RaceTech/Ohlins, Yellow wheels, Corbin, otherwise stock n' purrrrty!

apriliaforum expert bullit in head's Avatar
    aw! okay then I jumped too quickly, sry!

however on a note: all times I've had two faults on they have flashed between the two i.e, one at a time.

could be the connectors were not put together cos if there are no faults you will get the EFI -1 or EFI 1 on the display, this is no referance to the throttle position sensor like on the falco etc.

bullit

Every since I put in some 89 octane my EFI light will sometimes flash maybe twice, maybe three time, maybe four, it just flashes when it wants as many times as it wants but never more than 4 or 5 flashes at anytime.
    2007 Tuono 1000R Factory - 22K miles
    Cored OE Racing CansMap2Pazzo Shorty Knock-offs15-40AF1 Link PlatesAprilia Sliders
    Laminar WindscreenLowered PegsLED City and Tag Lights
    ProTaper Universal LowClear Signal Lenses

2017 Z125 PRO in Candy Lime Green
    Many mods

2001 Futura in Silver - Sold, after 8.5 years of service.

Retired - DJ, Turntablist, MC, Creator, Video Editor and Mixologist.
    Cored OE Cans vs Leo Vince Titanium Vid
    Slammin' Tunes!

HF152, 10-26954
    HF564 .024-.028

Chrome extension to see photobucket blocked pics.

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade
    i was riding my bike to work when it lost all power just went dead five times in ten minutes started ok after pulling in to side of road fifth time went onto one cylinder managed to get going again on two cylinders rode home at a gentle 3000 rpm no problem i have checked battery terminals / block connector at the back of dash and all wiring in this vicinity ok, i have done the self diagnostic and i get code 1 any one out there know what this is?

Might be the sidestand switch acting up. After cutting out 4-5 times you might have just fouled a spark plug.
    John B.
    02 Ash Black w/Staintunes, PC3 w/custom map, Evo Filter, Mille Air Boot, derestricted air box, Heli-Bars, Wilbers shock, new rectifier, Scottoiler, heated grips, T'meister, c/f frt. fender & hugger.

apriliaforum newb

Efi Problems

YES MY SIDESTAND LIGHT IS NOT WORKING IT USED TO BE ON ALL THE TIME TRIED TO CHANGE THE SWITCH BUT SOMEONE HAS BUTCHERED THE ALLEN BOLT SO I JUST PUT TAPE OVER THE LIGHT ,ALTHOUGH I HAVE BEEN TO CROATIA AND BACK ON IT NO PROBLEM AND I HAVE DONE ABOUT 5000 MLS LIKE THIS , I HAVE LOOKED AT ALL WIRING ALL SEEMS OK AND HAVE BEEN OUT ON BIKE SINCE PROBLEM IT RUNS OK NOW ? AND THANKS FOR ALL FEEDBACKTO ALL MUCH APPRECIATED

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by poloman
    and No 1 - not that anyone knows what it means
    apparently my local aprillia dealer says no 1 means there is no problem and all codes are ok

apriliaforum prov-nov

New problem?

I have searched quite a bit and have not seen this... My bike runs fine but the EFI light flashes when the key is on but the bike is off. Happens about 95% of the time and does not matter if it before running or after. Any help?
    2001 Dark Blue Futura
    1999 Yamaha WR400F
    2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

apriliaforum expert
    Are you stopping the engine with the kill switch? That will get the EFi light flashing.
    Never wrestle with a pig... you get dirty and the pig enjoys it...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulZX9R
    Are you stopping the engine with the kill switch? That will get the EFi light flashing.
    Yep. And not to want to point out the bleeding obvious the light is supposed to flash when you turn the key to 'on'.

Even more than once.
    Don't get me started.
    This Must Be The Place

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Befbever
    Yep. And not to want to point out the bleeding obvious the light is supposed to flash when you turn the key to 'on'.

Even more than once.
    Don't get me started.
    No I usually do not use the kill switch. Why would the EFI light always flash with key on but engine off? The manual says "comes on for 3 seconds when turned to on...If the light flashes AFTER the engine is started an anomoly has been detected (paraphrasing)"
    2001 Dark Blue Futura
    1999 Yamaha WR400F

Quote Originally Posted by OrionEngineer
    No I usually do not use the kill switch. Why would the EFI light always flash with key on but engine off? The manual says "comes on for 3 seconds when turned to on...If the light flashes AFTER the engine is started an anomoly has been detected (paraphrasing)"
    That is so funny! Aprilia is calling their original map an anomaly.
    Let me put it this way: if the EFI flashes more than once after the key is turned to 'on' the odds are that your bike still has the old map in it. How much of a chance? I'd say 100% but some people will disagree so let's say 90%.

Does the EFI light come on while you're riding? No?
    Do you feel the bike runs fine? Yes?
    Then leave it alone and forget about it.

Otherwise, take it to a dealer with an Axone diagnostic tool and have the 05 map put in.
    This Must Be The Place

apriliaforum expert
    Orion, Don't worry too much about Bef - he tends to get excited when it comes to flashing. He's Belgian you know.

Back to the topic at hand. Does your EFI light flash continuously, or just a couple of times. When the key is first switched on, does it flash once, twice or three times and then stop (that indicates which map is loaded (sort of)).
    Never wrestle with a pig... you get dirty and the pig enjoys it...

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulZX9R
    Orion, Don't worry too much about Bef - he tends to get excited when it comes to flashing. He's Belgian you know.

Back to the topic at hand. Does your EFI light flash continuously, or just a couple of times. When the key is first switched on, does it flash once, twice or three times and then stop (that indicates which map is loaded (sort of)).
    Thanks Paul,
    Just got the 05 map loaded a few weeks ago. Just went to verify how many flashes and of course now it's not doing it. I am pretty sure it flashes non-stop until either the bike is started or the key is turned off... not just one, two, or three times. I will re-post once I know for sure.
    2001 Dark Blue Futura
    1999 Yamaha WR400F

I have had my RST for a year and 13k now. Since day 1 with ignition on, run switch off, the EFI light will flash. As soon as I turn the run switch on and the fuel pump pressurizes the system the light goes off. So I assume the EFI flashes
    because there is no fuel pressure. The bike does have the most recent map.
    Does anyone know what the settings of the EFI is? TPS, fuel mixture, there is another adjustment that a shop can do but I can't recall what it was. At least that is what Moto Intl, of Seattle says.

Andy
    staintunes, CF hugger, Race Tech shock,
    Magnecor leads, Brembo radial pumpers,
    K&N, de-restricted,voltage monitor, FPR mod,
    Falco showa fork in progress

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast