Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI problems - error codes (FULL list)

apriliaforum prov-nov RST_Tomas_CZ's Avatar

service/users Manuals

Re: webhosting

Originally posted by RST_Tomas_CZ
    here is space for your WORKSHOP manual:

ftp://futura1000.fbi.cz
    user name: futura1000.fbi.cz
    password: rst

then web address: http://www.futura1000.fbi.cz/
    Doesn't seem to work, Tomas. File's uploaded though.

apriliaforum prov-nov RST_Tomas_CZ's Avatar

workshop manula

It seems to work for me. :-))
    Just u have to access through ftp client (eg. Smart Ftp).
    Or try this link in your browser:
    ftp://futura1000.fbi.cz@futura1000.fbi.cz/
    (if necessary password: rst)

Anyway THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!! :-)))
    (I will try to download this today afternoom)

Hey Bef, I got the parts list from your page but when I clicked on the detail (detaljer) I get a script error. Do I need to turn on java scripts or what?

I have no idea, Bird. I know very little about computers, that's why I have a Mac.
    This Must Be The Place

apriliaforum newb VEE-TWO-THUMPER's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by poloman
    and No 1 - not that anyone knows what it means

Iam sure the No1 code is for the throttle position sensor.

It has these codes -1, 0, 1.

It should be set at 0. You do this by adjusting the freeplay at the throttle. To little free play is -1, too much play is 1.

I have a Caponord, and it is a bugger to set up correctly.

Hope this helps.

apriliaforum Junkie loungesurfer's Avatar

Mille vs. Futura - Reliability

Hi all,

This may seem to be a stupid question, but.... I currently own a 02 Mille with no problems except the occasional dash reset. I've been considering moving to a Futura, but the number of problems I'm reading about has caused me to rethink.

Does the Futura have that many issues (electrical, etc.) or am I making them a bigger issue that they really are?

Thanks in advance,
    Denys

Well the Mille may seem to be more bulletproof but if you do the kind of miles these Futuras do you'll end up with about the same problems.
    I've seen loads of dashboards fail on the Mille/Falco but the Futura one seems to be better. Touch wood.
    The wiring mod/rectifier thing is needed on Milles too. Some peeps have done it already.
    Temp sensors fail on Milles too.
    Rads are the same as the Mille but because of our fairing design they tend to break more easily when you drop it. The radiator's mounting method is crap anyway.

Naah, the Futura's not less reliable than the Mille. We just whine about it more.
    This Must Be The Place

off topic announcement... MOD Party

Hi Futura riders!

We are working on a date for the MOD party at my place(Noblesville, IN) and are looking for some feedback. What do you have going on the weekend of 5/7-8/05? This is not final I just want to pick a date when everyone can come and when the odds of drivable weather are good. It looks like there are going to be several there and they are considering modifications to their bikes as follows;

Alarm/remote starts
    Heated grips
    Xenon bulbs
    Powerlet plugins
    Charging system mod
    High beam conversions

The modifications made to my bike are as follows;

Alarm/remote start
    Powerlet plug in on dash
    StayInTunes
    H-Pipe
    Scott-Oiler
    Throttlemeister
    Tank bag power plug
    GPS
    Did the Double Bubble windscreen but removed it again
    Valve stem pressure sensors
    Bungie Buddies on the cases
    Voltage regulator (aftermarket)
    Regulator wiring mod
    Back-off tail light modulator
    I will be installing the carbon fiber Hugger and front fender extensions if they arrive in time

Whether or not you plan on doing any modifications there will be significant information to share. I would like to produce a document to go along with the event. There are several things I have learned over the years with my Futura (48,000 miles). These little tidbits of information can save someone a lot of expense and sometimes even prevent them from being stranded. I will be putting this document together to pass out at the event. If you have any information that you think would be beneficial to share with others please let me know with an E-mail and Iíll add it to the document. I will credit you as the source of the information in the document. I think this will be a fun and informative weekend. I will serve a FREE breakfast at my home on Saturday. If too many bikes are not ready to roll by noon we can call in pizza for lunch. I plan on doing much of the wrench work on Saturday and then if everyone gets done we can do a ride on Sunday Morning. Depending on travel times for each person attending this may not be an option.

Let me know your feelings on the proposed date. There are many others available if this one wonít work we can change it.

I will respond immediately to any E-mail that I receive. Should I not respond within one day, I did not get the e-mail. My Filter sometimes screws up even when you use one of the key words that are supposed to get you through. Please put Aprilia, Quote, or RFQ in the subject line and it should get past my filter. After I have received one of your e-mails I will add you to my address list and you will not be hindered in the future by my filter.

Bob.davis@moderndiesystems.com

Bob Davis (03 Flame RED dreaming of a speed shifter)

"Although all men are born free, slavery has been the general lot of the human race. Ignorant - they have been cheated; asleep - they have been surprised; divided - the yoke has been forced upon them. But what is the lesson? ...the people ought to be enlightened, to be awakened, to be united, that after establishing a govenment they should watch over it.... It is universally admitted that a well-instructed people alone can be permanently free."
    --James Madison

Full set of RST manuals

I have uploaded a complete set of RST manuals including the basic operators manual, the complete RST1000 service manual, the V60 Rotax manual, the complete parts list for the RST, and the special tools parts list for the Rotax.
    type or copy this to the address line of your browser if it is not a link from right here. When the window comes up you may get a warning saying you don't have permission to use the site. Just OK through it. The window will have several folders in it. Double Click on the one that says RST1000. The files in this folder can then be copied to a folder or your desktop by simply clicking and draging them to the location you pick. The transfer will start immediately and a progress window will appear. If your connection is slow this could take a while.

ftp://moderndiesystems.com/

I'll leave the site up for a while so as many people as possible can get to it.

Bob Davis
    Just trying to paying back for all the help I have received from other generous RST owners.

"Although all men are born free, slavery has been the general lot of the human race. Ignorant - they have been cheated; asleep - they have been surprised; divided - the yoke has been forced upon them. But what is the lesson? ...the people ought to be enlightened, to be awakened, to be united, that after establishing a govenment they should watch over it.... It is universally admitted that a well-instructed people alone can be permanently free."
    --James Madison

Your link is not working.
    2017 Aprilia Caponord Rally
    2018 Husqvarna FX350

Tested OK

Hi Ride200mi

I just clicked on the link and the browser came up ok. I double clicked on the RST1000 folder and the files displayed correctly. I clicked and drug 2 of the files to my desktop and they coppied correctly. You might try it agian. I had the FTP software running on the upload until this a.m. Perhaps the files are not available until I have disconnected with the FTP server. If it fails again please let me know how it failed so I can correct it.

Bob
    Last edited by bobdavis73; 03-29-2005 at 08:35 PM.

--James Madison

Is it down now or turned off?

Ftp

It should be working.... what is happening when you try to use it and I will try to address the problem.

Bob
    Last edited by bobdavis73; 03-29-2005 at 08:36 PM.

--James Madison

Ahh, there it is.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast