Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: EFI problems - error codes (FULL list)

apriliaforum newb
    poloman.

I just did wiring mod on my futura and when the battery run flat i jump started it, when it read on dash EFI 1, so i stopped the bike turned off and tryed again, the EFI light stayed on, on the dash, so stopped again, lifted seat reset the Dianostics wires again for #10-15 seconds turned off bike un plugged wires and started bike run fine no code 1, so must be to do with low volts but bike runs well now,

Taggy
    John Tagg (Taggy)

That code will show when diag plug is connected and kill switch is in run position.
    01 Blue #84, 11/12 with: HeliBars, foam grips, 05 map, Borla cans (Replaced by 2" pipe)/stock silencer, derestricted, metal QD, dash socket, wiring mod. Me: Ford relay +10awg & grd, fuel pump rewire, FPR, vac hoses. Evap gone, CBR coils/harness+ Magnecor, clutch switch bypass. S.S. clutch & front line, RaceTech Gold fork, Cogent rebuilt Sachs, tapered head bearings. Added LED run lights/indicators/brake. All signals also run lights. All lights but Hi/park/brake on dash switch. Hi beam mod, vest plug, wiring block, blue dash SMD's/Red V meter, Tune IFT, PCIII gone. Stripped/polished rims, vented screen, rear petal disc. FH008 soldered DC plug/added grd/hard soldered AC. L/R dash indicator lights, RG frame/fork sliders, vented screen.

Racing SERVICE Competition Steve / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Factory Service Manual Excerpt on how to pull Error Codes:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FuturaFaultCodes.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	366.3 KB 
ID:	291096
    AF1 Racing, inc / ApriliaForum.com
    9900 North Interstate 35
    Austin, Texas 78753
    direct:512-459-3966 fax:512-482-8319

Currently:
    '97 RS125 Two Stroke

Previously:
    '00.5 Mille & '97 RS250.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi I'm new to the site but need some. I'm pulling two codes. The air temp code and also a cool code. Any simple fixes for either of these.

The air temp sensor is on the left side air intake forward by the engine computer. Check your connections there.

The coil code is simple, check your coil wire in addition to the coil, a failing wire will damage the coil in short order. The fault number should direct you to the correct coil as long as the wires haven't been swapped between insids / outside. Codes 33,34 are the center plug, front then rear. Codes 35, 36 are the outside plugs, front then rear.

Bob

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks for the reply Bob. I was told the air temp sensor was located in the left hand mirror. My bike no longer has stock mirriors so I'm guessing the sensor is gone as well and I'll need a new one.

No, the air temp sensor for the ambient display in the instrument cluster is in the left mirror. This only affects the display when you press the MODE button on the right side of the cluster, to display the outside temperature.

The engine computer has a second dedicated intake air temperature sensor, under the left upper fairing cover. It is in the intake tube / damper assembly, and has a green 2-pin connector. You'll see it to the left of the engine computer. This sensor is the one that a trouble code refers to. The sensor provides the engine computer the intake air temperature.

Bob

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks again for your help I'll try to find it.

apriliaforum newb
    Hello, new to forum and recently acquired '01 RST1000. During 1st extended ride last weekend, a day after installing Staintune slip-ons and H-pipe,
    I saw the EFI light come on, while riding, no noticable performance decreases. Upon restarting, the light went off and stayed off. ??

It might be a good idea for others to read my older post carefully. If Aprilia made mistakes on my bike, it is highly likely they also did so on many others. In the end, my seeming coil failures and codes were actually bad primary connections and mangled contact insertions.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...=1#post3632124

And a -1 could just mean the kill switch was hit. As I found out this morning after dreading a non starting bike. LOL Took a little time to notice and remember. Told the wife it had to be something stupid.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789