Thread: My favorite, cheapest mod.

apriliaforum newb

My favorite, cheapest mod.

Hello once again.

I have found my favorite, cheapest mod so far!

Coming in at a whopping 2 bucks and 76 cents,
    I found a pair of H11 halogen bulbs with a blue coating on them,
    making them look pure white rather than warm white.

One of the bulbs came broken, but what can I expect for less than 3 bucks including shipping.

I wasn't planning on using both at the same time seeing as high and low beam are separate bulbs, and I know for a fact the previous warm white bulbs will last, so in case my new bulb decides to quit on me, I've got my high beam to save the day (or night, rather)

Below you'll find a quick before and after!

Looks good. Does it make any difference when it comes to lighting up the road ahead at night?

When riding on the Pegaso ride outs we have done, Pegs have always been easy to identify in the rearview mirror due to the very yellow, dim lights.

Before my time on here, an old favourite mod was a halogen upgrade to the lights which gave a real boost to the power of the light, but I would imagine that might prevent a decent charge getting through to the battery.
    “If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.” Douglas Adams

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbi View Post
    When riding on the Pegaso ride outs we have done, Pegs have always been easy to identify in the rearview mirror due to the very yellow, dim lights.

Before my time on here, an old favourite mod was a halogen upgrade to the lights which gave a real boost to the power of the light, but I would imagine that might prevent a decent charge getting through to the battery.
    My father suggested putting on xenon, seeing as he already had the ballast and I'd just needed to get the bulb. Knowing that I have pretty much no control over my headlight, I figured the high power draw the xenon has wouldn't be a good option.
    The other option would be LEDs, but my experience with cars has shown that this is rarely a good option because it can cause an array of problems, and when you finally fix those, you realize the light it throws out is horrible and it lights up everything except for the road.

Hence why I went for the blue-tinted halogen bulb. It has the LED/Xenon look without any of the issues that come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath12 View Post
    Looks good. Does it make any difference when it comes to lighting up the road ahead at night?
    Have yet to try it, looks good during the day though when it shines onto the wall when parking in the special-built pegaso shed. Will post pictures of the view during the night when I get the chance.

Next step:
    Figuring out what size that small little yellow bulb is on the bottom that always stays on.
    Seems like I can't get to it without unscrewing parts of the fairing.

that little bulb is a side lamp/ number plate bulb. You can fiddle it out without taking any thing off, but undooing the 4 screws to remove the headlamp assembly is not onerous and gives you easy access.
    “If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.” Douglas Adams