Thread: No riding for a few months for me

apriliaforum expert

No riding for a few months for me

Damn. While working on a storage shed I bent down to pick up some screws (doing the roof) and as I stood up I hit a temporary cross brace between to studs, saw total black then stars. A decent concussion.

I almost always wear a helmet during high work around the place but this time chose a wide brimmed Tilly hat because of the sun. That kept me from seeing the brace as I stood up and leaned forward to step up to the floor from ground level.

Helmet helmet helmet.

Tinnitus is somewhat worse than before but memory is sharp and just a feeling I know something happened so taking it real easy and no riding for a couple of months even though my balance seems unaffected.

Shit.

Watch yourselves, the smallest stuff can get you.
    ETV stands for Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle. The only thing better than having one is having two.

apriliaforum expert the_toe_cutter's Avatar
    Watch for signs of concussion and get some rest. You'll be back on the bike in a week bud!
    Brum Brum

Bummer, but honestly I see stars all the time before I get migraines.

I've blacked out completely during a low-side, high-side flip on a mountain road. Came to laying next to the bike & switched off the ignition. Was able to ride 30 mi home stuck in 3rd gear w/ a broken foot & twisted shoulder.

I have a wide brimmed Tilly also--they do have some padding on top, fortunately. Definitely take it easy. I bet you'll be back at it sooner than you think.
    The Patriarch of the SuperNaked: '05 TF

Aprilias formerly owned: '02 ETV 1000 Caponord, '00 650 Pegaso Cube, '04 RST 1000 Futura, '99 RS 50 (70)

Too many other bikes to list!

apriliaforum expert
    Thanks guys. It was a stupid mistake but right afterwards I got to the ER pretty quick. The hard part now is not doing too much, I'm usually pretty active with the bikes and lots of projects for the house and property so taking it easy is actually hard.

At least I remember my name: Zeigfreid Bartholomew, first Knight of Atlantis, now where are my darn robes?
    ETV stands for Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle. The only thing better than having one is having two.

Have been 100% hardhat for work for almost twenty years. No more dings in the noggen for me but the last month or so has been on scaffolding and they make it only six feet high. Clobbering it with my head is a dayly occurence but my head isn't the problem, my neck is. Funny how you protect one thing and something else then takes the beating.
    You are taking reasonable precautions and I commend you for that. As we age the healing takes longer. The bourbon tastes better and the women all seem prettier so age has a trade off......

KB

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum expert the_toe_cutter's Avatar
    Thats a good way of putting it K!
    Brum Brum

Han, the only cure of the concussion as I see it is to buy yet another Caponord!

I’m on the fence on the MGx-21, they are selling the entire MG stock out - this in some ways is a typical Aprilia/Piaggio move - huge inventory dump at below 50% of MSRP.

Writing is on the wall, these will be albatross bikes-no follow on models and limited support. Not totally sure I want to jump back into that game, however I’m going to go check one out Saturday while I’m Reno.
    06' Caponord

apriliaforum expert
    Yesterday Doc told me to be very bored for another week to 10 days because concussions have a way of resurfacing their worst symptoms and recovery takes just that much longer.

Don't worry about support as other than style MG has been making the thing for decades. All the critical parts are common, just the state of tune is different.

If they make the V85 another year I might grab one. A really nice Quota came.up for sale.over here not long ago, almost picked that up but thought the V95 is updated and perhaps it's time for new out of the box. Since I've pulled the trigger on a.motorcycle only garage, when that gets built there will be room for a V85 or something in addition.