Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 V4 1100 LCD Dash Backlighting

2016 V4 1100 LCD Dash Backlighting

2016 Tuono V4 1100RR. Need some help with the LCD night time back lighting. I believe the back light should change from grey to red for night time but am unable to find the setting.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    What happens when you turn it on in the dark? That is when it changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1999 View Post
    2016 Tuono V4 1100RR. Need some help with the LCD night time back lighting. I believe the back light should change from grey to red for night time but am unable to find the setting.
    I believe the LCD back lighting is always on but during the day you just don't see it. Can you possibly take a picture of the dash at night and post it? There is no setting to turn it on or off just to dim it. If the dash will not light up then there is a problem.
    There is a dash update because of a problem where the screen dims really low and "blacks out". Happened sporadically on my bike but not enough for the 6 hour round trip to take it to the dealer to get it fixed.

[QUOTE=paulatron;4611295]What happens when you turn it on in the dark? That is when it changes.[/QUOTE

Hi paulatron, day or night the daytime gray back light is on. I have adjusted to maximum setting but it dose not change to orange or red. I also noticed that time was set to 12hr which I have just changed to 24hr, and I will check tonight if that setting activates the back light change.

Quote Originally Posted by V4Cyborg View Post
    I believe the LCD back lighting is always on but during the day you just don't see it. Can you possibly take a picture of the dash at night and post it? There is no setting to turn it on or off just to dim it. If the dash will not light up then there is a problem.
    There is a dash update because of a problem where the screen dims really low and "blacks out". Happened sporadically on my bike but not enough for the 6 hour round trip to take it to the dealer to get it fixed.
    Hi V4Cyborg, Thanks for the info, I have just changed time setting to 24hr, and I will check tonight if that setting activates the back light change, and will post a pic. I'm not sure if the dash update has been done.

Hi V4Cyborg, I have taken day and night dash pics but are unable to post (You may not post attachments).
    Dash stays in day mode, there are no errors displayed. Changing to 24hr clock did not help. The dash does not dim between day and night, it's just not readable at night.

Hi V4Cyborg, I have taken night photo but am unable to attach due to my posting permissions. The dash is working without fade or errors, it just stays with gray daytime back light. I have changed from 12hr to 24hr clock thinking this may be a switch, but no change.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Maybe the red light has failed, I dont know if is a red bulb or an led.
    As v4 says, it's on all the time but only visible when dark.

if it's similar to the v4 1000 dash, which I think it is, it is adjustable in 3 levels of brightness.. and it stays on even in daylight..just like the screen

apriliaforum expert coolonthecoast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
    if it's similar to the v4 1000 dash, which I think it is, it is adjustable in 3 levels of brightness.. and it stays on even in daylight..just like the screen

Yes,can't you adjust the level of brightness in the settings menu?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190826_182522.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	387238Mines a 2016, so yours should be the same.
    Last edited by coolonthecoast; 08-26-2019 at 12:30 PM.
    40 odd powered two wheelers over 40 odd years. Currently in the garage are a 2016 Tuono V4 1100RR and a '79 Honda CB550F

Thanks for all replies and information.
    Attached is a picture of my dash which should look the same as post by"coolonthecoast"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is the night time picture, the tacho lights up but not the dash
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Night time.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	387278  

Definitely not normal.. mine lights up all the time..dash and speedo

Before buying another one.. go have a look at the connector in the back.. might be loose or corroded.. unplug it a few times and check for bent or missing pins.

Quote Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
    Definitely not normal.. mine lights up all the time..dash and speedo

Before buying another one.. go have a look at the connector in the back.. might be loose or corroded.. unplug it a few times and check for bent or missing pins.
    Could also be a cracked solder joint on the board (at the LED(s) or a current-limiting resistor or other part of the dimming circuit etc).
    2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfin View Post
    Could also be a cracked solder joint on the board (at the LED(s) or a current-limiting resistor or other part of the dimming circuit etc).

yeah i thought of that but last I heard the speedo is sealed up pretty good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast