Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying a new Aprilia out of state and having it shipped

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    don't use uship....10000% amateur hour. They stole a bike from us one time too...super long story, luckily the CEO of uship is a vespa customer of ours.
    and that they're based in Austin.
    The Patriarch of the SuperNaked: '05 TF

Aprilias formerly owned: '02 ETV 1000 Caponord, '00 650 Pegaso Cube, '04 RST 1000 Futura, '99 RS 50 (70)

Too many other bikes to list!

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    and that they're based in Austin.
    two blocks from our old downtown location.

uship made good on it....that RSVR took a ride though, contracted driver just abandoned his trailer full of bikes in some Hells Angels driveway, and it sat there, a year later we get asked about it. Insurance already paid at that point, and we sent the customer another one.

two blocks from our old downtown location.

uship made good on it....that RSVR took a ride though, contracted driver just abandoned his trailer full of bikes in some Hells Angels driveway, and it sat there, a year later we get asked about it. Insurance already paid at that point, and we sent the customer another one.
    You were probably uShip regulars, then. Sounds like the Angels and/or driver got busted before the deal went down...

Drag raced the Pegaso against 2 Angels on HD Big Twins once--one FXR, other FLH/T. They lost of course...two successive runs, light to light, I held steady at 90-95 mph. The FXR guy said "That thing F hauls ass for a supermotard!" I replied: "It's a 650," then noticed the oil tank, which said Property of Hells Angels (in red). Then I let 'em go...panhead Captain America was in tow, running maybe 75, with a lady on the back.
    Last edited by Kevlar; 08-23-2019 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Duplicate quotes
    The Patriarch of the SuperNaked: '05 TF

Aprilias formerly owned: '02 ETV 1000 Caponord, '00 650 Pegaso Cube, '04 RST 1000 Futura, '99 RS 50 (70)

Too many other bikes to list!

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by CapoEVT View Post
    I've bought from Elk Grove before as they were local and they're a good dealer. That said, if you add in the price of shipping and tack on the $1500 lesser cost that has to come from somewhere. The dealer location costs only account for so much discount as they have to pay location costs no matter what and with the number of bikes Elk Grove has in inventory along with their water sports, rural vehicles and snow vehicles there is no way that much discount comes from where they are located.

Remember taxes. Elk Grove isn't collecting taxes from you, you have to pay them and if they say they are collecting taxes or any other fees make darn sure there are records.

As for mods, I haven't heard of any dealer giving discounts on accessories or parts to someone who bought a bike elsewhere.

Unless you fly out you are buying the bike unseen. Now that bike might be new out of the crate but do you really think it's anything more than an uncrate and ship to you affair?

In the end my bet is you might save a few hundred after all is said and done, that in my opinion isn't worth it. You buy the bike once, everything else after that is accessories, parts and service.
    The sales price is $2k cheaper.

Elk Grove - https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...ABS-5004032248

AF1 - https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...-RR-5002557749

And they have it in black, too, which I like better.

apriliaforum newb
    AF1 said they were already selling the 2018 RR for their cost at a little over $17k OTD. I told them about the Elk Grove deal, and they basically matched it at $15,800. Is that a good deal for last year's RR?

Yes, buy it already....
    2004 Tuono

apriliaforum expert
    Happens all the time, make sure apples are compared to apples.

"Price, if shown, does not include government fees, taxes, dealer freight/preparation, dealer document preparation charges or any finance charges (if applicable). Final actual sales price includes all rebates and may vary depending on options or accessories installed."

IOW, the Cycle Trader prices don't mean a thing. The only price that matters is what you write the check for to ride it away. Everything else is advertising.

Out here (Ca), dealers are known for publishing low prices and then sticking on huge setup fees, doc fees you name it fees. Not pointing out any dealer here specifically , just an observation
    Last edited by CapoEVT; 08-24-2019 at 08:31 PM.
    ETV stands for Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle. The only thing better than having one is having two.

I cannot fathom why anyone who lived near AF1 would buy an Aprilia from anywhere else.

I’m hip.
    Current:
    2016 Tuono V4 1100 Factory-Tessa

Sold:
    2008 Tuono Factory w/arrow, mapII- Tosca
    2003 RSV-R spec Mille- Skelly
    2001 TL1000R:racetech, bitubo, marchesini- Widow Maker
    TRE45ON

Just to plug another shipper cuz I know the guy, MotoShippers http://www.motoshippers.com/ Tim Weig started the company a few years ago and has grown into a proper premier shipping company. He was a local club racer here in Washington and also down in California. Prices are fair and service is top notch.
    Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by AV8OR View Post
    I cannot fathom why anyone who lived near AF1 would buy an Aprilia from anywhere else.
    I wish I were in a position where I could just spend an extra $1k just to support a business.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoker View Post
    I wish I were in a position where I could just spend an extra $1k just to support a business.
    how are we $1000 more? the quote we sent over to you beat their price by more than $250. They are adding $1200 in fees to their price (you showed us), and then you still have to get it here to Texas (another $600-750 to do it right), and hope that goes smooth. You pay the same Texas Tax-TL buying from either place. We really weren't that far off to begin with, and we beat their price.

how are we $1000 more? the quote we sent over to you beat their price by more than $250. They are adding $1200 in fees to their price (you showed us), and then you still have to get it here to Texas (another $600-750 to do it right), and hope that goes smooth. You pay the same Texas Tax-TL buying from either place. We really weren't that far off to begin with, and we beat their price.
    $1200 in dealer fees? Wooooooeeeyyyyy

People forget that out the door price is more important than the sale price.

Does Texas tack on sales tax when you register an out of state vehicle? Some do, some don't, just curious.
    Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv

yes, 6.25% Texas tax for all vehicles, new, used, doesn't matter where they come from. Every time it changes hands.

a customer buying from out of state will also need a Texas state inspection done, and if he wants temp tags, jump through some extra hoops for those too. We can print our own temp tags, handle state inspections, and do all the paperwork for the customer (not wait in that god awful line 2-4 hours)

Quote Originally Posted by jared p View Post
    $1200 in dealer fees? Wooooooeeeyyyyy

People forget that out the door price is more important than the sale price.

Does Texas tack on sales tax when you register an out of state vehicle? Some do, some don't, just curious.

AF1 AF1 AF1!!

Huzzah!

btw, I've bought out of state - shipped to CA, paid, and paid...Sold both for a profit even after all..

AF1
    AF1
    Jimbob
    Actually, Formerly Teachin DevilDogs to ride bikes
    01 RSVR, 10 HD XR1200 (for sale!) 11 BMW 1200RT, 04 1150 RT gone, 97 Honda VFREVER, KLX250S
    00 RSV-gone, 04 Futura-gone - 04 Futura-gone..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast