Thread: New to the Forum;Ist post. OFM disconnected during softwear update

apriliaforum newb

New to the Forum;Ist post. OFM disconnected during softwear update

Hi all,

Pleased to be part of your fantastic forum.

Created a service ticket but thought in the meantime one of you rocket scientists might have a quick fix for me before I hear back from folks at OFT. Here's what I sent them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Successfully used OFT to install pre loaded Stage I and II to my 2017 Tuono without issue and purchased purchased the AF1 RSV4 Air box kit to do the OFT Stage III mod.

Successfully connected OFT to a brand-new MacBook Pro with Parallels and using the work around in your article ;
    How-To: Using the OpenFlash Tablet with a Virtual Machine.

Problem;

I think he OFT may have been Inadvertently disconnected before the software upgrade was completed.

Unfortunately the guilty party can't recall what was on the Mac screen when the OFT was disconnected. Before I went to the shower however I did take note that the upgrade would take 1/2hr and would appear unresponsive. Im not sure if 1/2 hr had expired before disconnection.

Now when connecting the OFT, OF Manager freezes at INSTALLING APPLICATION PLEASE WAIT and UNCONFIGURED DEVICE,IT CANNOT BE USED.

The OFT display shows the SN as 00000000 and O.S. IS LOADING:PLEASE WAIT. (See attached files)

Question;
    - How can I reset the OFT To successfully complete the applicaton software download to complete the Stage III mod.?
    - Can I ride the bike with the AF1 RSV4 airbox mod In the meantime without the OFT Stage III download?

Many thanks,

Gord.

Hey Gordo,
    Let me know if they respond in a timely manner, please. If not, you can email Shiv directly at shiv@openflashperformance.com of hit him up on the OpenFlash Performance "Fakebook" page - https://www.facebook.com/openflashperformance/

Good luck,
    Jimmy D

apriliaforum newb
    A great bit of intel.
    Thanks Jimmy.

apriliaforum newb
    Update..

While waiting to hear back from support I uninstalled OFM and deleted all associated files.
    That's got the OFT reconnected to my Mac and running properly.

However..
    Now my OFT is completely void of data.Everything has been deleted. Says the OFT has never been connected to the bike and to do so. When it's connected to the bike it briefly flashes a "Loading OS please wait" message and then goes black.

Have emailed Shiv To see if I can get it up and running and myself and install stage III or failing that, will I have to send the unit back.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Summer is coming to an end in Canada and I really would love to try out the new mod..

apriliaforum newb
    Update..

For posterity sake if anyone else should come across this problem hopefully this will help.

An important caveat might be that it's never a good idea to use OFM through parallels.

Here's the reply I received,

This is due to a system file verification error during the recent update (or during factory programming).

Please complete our online form, and we will get our recovery software to you promptly: https://www.openflashtablet.com/oft-...tware-request/

You MUST use a native windows PC with our recovery software- we do advise using a native PC for all OFT work in the future. Parallels support can be hit or miss -we use OSx too, and would also rather use a VM. It just isn't the case.

Best Regards,
    Anthony

Ps; Has anybody out there had any luck finding a non OEM sprocket carrier and titanium hardwear for the 2017 Tuono? In Black?

Hey sounds like you got great support once they responded! Glad you worked it out Gordo! Keep us posted!