Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Captain America (Peter Fonda) passed away

Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    the journey (discovery) was the real point of the movie. hopper.
    Yes! that was my thinking. I didn't find the movie really needed a point, I jut thought it was a great movie when I first saw it.

Freedom is a great angle though.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

Crazy Mary Dirty Larry is one of my favourite car movies. In it Fonda plays a small time racing driver who robs a supermarket to get enough money to build a Nascar contender. Nothing about that movie or any other he did made me think of him any less.

"Hey Bunky, that's the fastest time this turkey ever did, what'd you do to it?
    "I just hit with a bigger hammer!

RIP

apriliaforum expert J.R. Bob Dobbs's Avatar
    Dirty Mary Crazy Larry is awesome. When you see it for the first time, the ending is a real shocker.
    Jap bikes suck.

Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    some people obviously missed the point of that movie.
    My interpretation of that film was Hopper's protest of the " establishment". Everything was changing in the 60s a lot of protesting the government and of course Vietnam. After they killed those students at Kent State it was like war here at home. The film was filled with symbolism, the bikers were the younger generation trying to break free of the establishment . Doing drugs and having open sex was something our parents never did and the film showed we are not like you. And in the end the "man" put them away the only way they know how, just like in Kent State..... Cool film

the ending should tell you what you need to know.

also-loved dirty mary crazy larry as well. good old school car flick. whatserface really annoyed me though.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

apriliaforum expert J.R. Bob Dobbs's Avatar
    She is oh so hot....
    Jap bikes suck.

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by FZ1JOE View Post
    My interpretation of that film was Hopper's protest of the " establishment". Everything was changing in the 60s a lot of protesting the government and of course Vietnam. After they killed those students at Kent State it was like war here at home. The film was filled with symbolism, the bikers were the younger generation trying to break free of the establishment . Doing drugs and having open sex was something our parents never did and the film showed we are not like you. And in the end the "man" put them away the only way they know how, just like in Kent State..... Cool film
    Pretty much what i thought, great movie for its time. Spurned a generation of Harley easy riders. RIP Pete, nice guy and a great role model
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

apriliaforum newb
    I recall watching a doc on Easy Rider a while back where Dennis and Peter both said the movie was essentially an excuse to go ride motorcycles.

I knew it had to be a lie, because who needs an excuse?!

Who played Barnaby Wilde in the movie? Was it Jack Nicholson?
    FUCK THE MAGS

Never live the same day twice. (My wife nearly pissed her self laughing when she read my signature line, because she reckons she has never met anyone in the whole of her life who hates change more than me) She does have a point .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12