Thread: jerky at low rpm

apriliaforum newb

jerky at low rpm

Hello everyone, im having trouble with my mille, 1st gen, its really jerky when in low rpms and sometimes i hear some sort of constant knock while riding, the knock coincidentaly is alos at low rpms, and it comes from the front of the bike, the sound comes from under the triple tree. The clutch disengages fine and when i get above 3 or 4000 rpm its all good at every gear, the bike goes through all gears smoothly ecxept 2nd gear, it takes more force to put it into 2nd, does anyone have an idea on where to begin checking. ive checked and changed spark plugs, it didnt seem to affect the issue.

Throttle bodies synched?

Is your chain worn out, dry and loose? I've had similar problems when mine was. Fresh sprockets help, too.

Also sounds like making sure your clutch fluid is clean and bled well wouldn't hurt. And it could be time for an oil change, too.

A Gabro chip does wonders for low speed smoothness. You can order one from him here on the forum.

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...=1#post4606702

Dogs are the best people.

All the above is worth looking at and there is room for improvement but in basically stock condition this is the nature of these bikes. keep it above 4000 and you will be much happier.
    This is America. Use your turn signals or WE WILL KILL YOU - remember Sandra Bland

yeah. feels odd if you're used to azun fours or something, but just clutch/throttle past it. i have not ridden that low rpm in a long time.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. I’m gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

My Tuono with a Gabro V2/V5 will pull WFO from 3K RPM clean. Doesn't care for it but will do it smooth.
    oh well nevermind

apriliaforum Junkie WAZZU_Mille's Avatar
    what about cutting the wire thing? I remember something like that when I had the first gen bike
    I work since millions on welfare depend on me.

2010 RSV4 Factory

Depends on what chip you have. All that does is access another map if the chip is one that has two maps. It won't help a bike that needs a tune and some TLC.
    oh well nevermind

apriliaforum newb
    I strongly recommend syncing the cylinders. Mine wound actually stalk in stop and go traffic if I pulled the clutch in and didn’t rev a bit. Once that was done she was great.
    Albeit the rhythm of the engine in neutral would make people ask if it was “cammed” lol
    Mine had a Leo Vince system,EPROM and de cork as recommended by AF1.
    Cheers !