Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up New 2018 RSV4 RF LE today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    apriliaforum Junkie

Smile Picked up New 2018 RSV4 RF LE today

Technically it is a used bike as the guy traded it in and it had 109 miles on it today when I picked it up. I traded in my red 2015 RSV4 RR on it. The guy put a full AKrapovic carbon system on it with tune, Cox radiator and cooler guards and some other minor things. Will post up some pictures tomorrow. Can one of you guys tell me the difference between a 2018 RSV4 RF and a 2018 RSV4 RF LE other than the paint job? I just wonder what warranted the $1,000 difference between the two bikes other than the paint job.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    as i remember, LE has winglets
    RVF400(RC35,96)
    CBR600 F4I(02)
    GSX-R600(05)
    GSX-R750(06, 08)
    YZF-R1(08)
    CBR1000RR(11)
    RSV4(17)

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosonyfunny View Post
    as i remember, LE has winglets
    No, it doesn't have any winglets.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    RF LE have winglets endless you have the RF

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Taino Warrior View Post
    RF LE have winglets endless you have the RF
    Well, I guess you need to talk to Aprilia USA as mine has the top triple in black with 53 of 125 etched into it and their official website shows the bike in their gallery with and without wings. Seeing as how the guys in Austin know more than the idiots at Aprilia USA I will call them and get the truth.

apriliaforum newb
    I'm pretty sure the only differences between the RF and RF LE is the paint livery and limited edition numbers. I don't remember the ones I saw in my local dealership having winglets like others are saying. I think that might've just been when they first revealed it at MOTOGP.
    Ko-

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ko- View Post
    I'm pretty sure the only differences between the RF and RF LE is the paint livery and limited edition numbers. I don't remember the ones I saw in my local dealership having winglets like others are saying. I think that might've just been when they first revealed it at MOTOGP.
    I am pretty sure you are right as the new one for sale at Xtreme Powersports in Accident, MD is showing actual photographs of the for sale bike with no winglets. Still does not explain the top triple camp plaque which says 53 of 125 when Aprilia USA is saying only 100 were made. You have to love the Italians, they are never boring.

Quote Originally Posted by MV Rider View Post
    I am pretty sure you are right as the new one for sale at Xtreme Powersports in Accident, MD is showing actual photographs of the for sale bike with no winglets. Still does not explain the top triple camp plaque which says 53 of 125 when Aprilia USA is saying only 100 were made. You have to love the Italians, they are never boring.
    They first thought: 100 would be hard enough to sell, and people like small numbers as exclusive. Then the dealers started to order and they had enough sold end decided to make 125. But if it were only 125.

When Aprilia was Guzzi owner in 2002 there was the V11 scura model, numbered 300 pieces, they made 300 with the number on the triple, and 300 more without the number.

But here is the mystery clarified:

100 for the USA and 25 for Canada. With winglets:
    https://www.cycleworld.com/2018-apri...lets-you-want/

apriliaforum Member
    It could be that they didnít install them. My dealership informed me they installed it,it comes with the bike. They might still have it at there dealership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apriliaforum newb
    2018 LE's defo have winglets. They\yours may not have been installed, but they came with them.

"Limited to 100 in the US, this is the firstever production superbike to utilize winglets - an aerodynamic spoiler designedfor the Aprillia RS-GP MotoGP bike."

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by wuneyewilly View Post
    2018 LE's defo have winglets. They\yours may not have been installed, but they came with them.

"Limited to 100 in the US, this is the firstever production superbike to utilize winglets - an aerodynamic spoiler designedfor the Aprillia RS-GP MotoGP bike."
    Talked to Sean at AF1 and the winglets do come with the bike but they are installed by the dealer at the customer's discretion. I am certainly glad that mine does not have the winglets. The original owner bought the bike from Mathews Fun Machines in Charlotte, NC and they did not give him the winglets. There is a reason they are out of buisness. I was fortunate to buy the bike with 109 miles on it.

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Yes, dealers install the LE winglets. Shipped separate from the bike to us. Involves drilling holes, so we’ve been waiting for the customer to decide.

Mine has 126 of 125 etched into it

BTW

Congrats on your new bike.

With or without winglets

apriliaforum Junkie
    Going to call the former sales manager of Mathews Fun Machines. He is now the sales manager of Team Charlotte Motorsports and try to find the winglets which should have been given to the first owner but wern't. I do not expect to have any luck but it will only cost me a phone call. I do not want to install them but I want to have them if I ever sell or trade the bike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast