Thread: I bought my old DiTech 2002! Help me get it running :)

apriliaforum newb

I bought my old DiTech 2002! Help me get it running :)

Hi,

I just managed to buy my old DiTech from 2002. Previous owner removed the cylinder and then left it standing for 11 years.

Can you help me to point out the steps I need to do to get it running after such a long time?

battery, fuelpump, cooling, spark plugs, ECU, motor oil? What du I need to check on the piston and cylinder to make sure itís not damaged before I put the cylinder back on?

Thanks for helping me getting my old love back on the road!

//Filip

I know it's a bit vague but you should check everything!

Look for big score marks up and down the bore and piston that you can feel with you finger nail. Check to see if the rings are welded to the piston.

Look for rust on the crank if the engine wasn't sealed. Check the play of the conrod and crank. Make sure the oil line from the pump is replaced as it will be hard and likely the cause of why the cylinder was removed (seized). Lubricate the bottom end lightly, new gasket kit for the cylinder and head.

Check the oil pump works. Hold full throttle and turn the ignition on then wait to hear/see the oil pump working. This is also how to prime the oil line to get rid of air bubbles.

Disconnect the injector plug and crank the engine.

Then plug injector back in and start it up.

Really you should give the whole bike a good once over.

I take no responsibility for you wrecking your engine.

Check everything!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    mate
    2010 RS125 Gloss Black
    Arrow Exhaust (E Marked) | Moto Tassinari vForce3 Reed Block
    2002 SR50 Morini Ditech Matte Black SBK Replica 50cc
    Leo Vince GP can | 68cc Kit (Malossi) | Full Circle Crank (Malossi MHR HPC) | Primary gear kit (Malossi) | vForce2 reed block (Top Performances\Moto Tassinari) | 19mm bored throttle body
    2002 SR50 Morini Ditech blue 50cc FOR SALE (daily rider) 100aprilias/hr (80km/h)
    ECU "development mode" (apparently) | 19mm bored TB | Carbon reeds | Std. Variator | 6.0g Rollers [slightly heavy but good] (Malossi) | Std. Clutch | Red Contra Spring [Racing] (Malossi) | Blue Clutch Springs [Sport] (Malossi) | Custom Water Trap

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks for this info! The cylinder was removed since the place where the exhaustpipe is mounted on. I will do a complete check of the engine.

Do you think the fuel pump will be defect after 11 years?

It depends how the engine look a like.If is dirty then clean it and take out everything and flush it.u should start buying new cyl,crankshaft bearings,seals,sparkplug,air filter.Fuel tank,filter,pump and fuel ,air injector need to clean it very good,cuz old fuel can be crystalized and fuck up the system.

apriliaforum newb

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rank1 View Post
    It depends how the engine look a like.If is dirty then clean it and take out everything and flush it.u should start buying new cyl,crankshaft bearings,seals,sparkplug,air filter.Fuel tank,filter,pump and fuel ,air injector need to clean it very good,cuz old fuel can be crystalized and fuck up the system.
    You mean that I need to buy a new cylinder & crankshaft bearings? Do you think they will be defective?

Take pictures,we dont know nothing about ur bike.We just give blind advices,but the best to start with new parts.