Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what will be different on the Next Gen Tuono?

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I think the next version will be legendary and epic since I recently bought a 2019 Factory.
    I can guarantee that would happen if I had bought a 2019 Factory LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedOfLight View Post
    Don't forget another significant price increase. In Canada, in two years, we went from C$18.6k to C$20.2k for the Factory.
    i bought mine just prior to that increase.....couple days after i signed up it went up 2000+

apriliaforum expert
    Front end of the RS660, 1200V4, heated grips, forged rims, LED headlights, proper full beam, easier tank to fill, V4MP that works properly with Android and iOS... oh yeah and another epic styled rear end for the factory!

apriliaforum newb
    A few things I'd like to be added/improved (I have a 2018 rr), in no particular order:
    • It runs hot, very hot. I've been told is not the worst in the world but still ...
    • The collectors for the two back cyl really fry your legs (esp left one). Good un the UK or in similar climates, but bad anywhere elsewhere.
    • Allow using aftermarket cans without removing the cat. I know only 2 aftermarket cans that allow to stay with a cat and one is the stupidly priced homologated akra that I will not buy just to stand to principles.
    • The mileage is ... well ...
    • Rain map/mode: one click and you tame it down to rain-safe levels.
    • Fuel gauge, please.
    • It seems to eat quite a bit of engine oil.

apriliaforum expert cggunnersmate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfin View Post
    TBH, I'd be disappointed if Aprilia chased pure HP numbers with the Tuono. One of its most endearing traits is the torque. I'd hate to lose torque below 11,000RPM to gain 20HP at 14,000. The former I can use every day; I wager for the majority of us the latter is basically good only when arguing with mates over pint.

Higher quality switchgear, new headlights, forged wheel option, refreshed TFT graphics, more effective cooling, Brembo Stylema calipers, revised sump casting. I don't use any of whatever it has now but I assume more connectivity options would be a given. A slightly re-shaped gas tank would be nice to reduce pressure on the inner thighs.

I dunno. It seems pretty epic already. Hard to think of where a next-gen would or even could go...
    A general improvement of the fit and finish quality would be appreciated at least going from my 2003 to the 2012 V4, noticeably cheaper with some of the finishing touches, fasteners etc. Tail section is very cheaply put together. Constantly have to re-secure the lock barrel for the passenger seat lock. Body panels seem to be a thinner plastic. Not sure how the newest Tuonos are.
    Brent
    Chief Gunnersmate
    U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
    Orlando Area
    '12 Tuono V4
    '03 Tuono (For Sale)
    '01 Speed Triple (RIP) 8/26/11
    '98 GSXR 600 (traded for the Tuoldo)
    '86 VFR Interceptor (died in Puerto Rico 20 years ago)

Quote Originally Posted by cggunnersmate View Post
    A general improvement of the fit and finish quality would be appreciated at least going from my 2003 to the 2012 V4, noticeably cheaper with some of the finishing touches, fasteners etc. Tail section is very cheaply put together. Constantly have to re-secure the lock barrel for the passenger seat lock. Body panels seem to be a thinner plastic. Not sure how the newest Tuonos are.
    IMHO they have gone downhill between my 2015 and 2019 bike, nothing major just cheaper finishes on certain parts

apriliaforum Member Toastynacho's Avatar
    I was honestly shocked with how cheap the fit and finish is on these bikes. paying upwards of 18k and getting trash in the paint, flashing left over from molded plastic pieces, clearances differ from one side to the other, cheap plasticy switches. My 17 Yamaha FZ09 was a budget bike at 9k brand new, and that thing was put together 10 fold better than these aprilias are.

Wouldn't trade it though

apriliaforum expert coolonthecoast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
    IMHO they have gone downhill between my 2015 and 2019 bike, nothing major just cheaper finishes on certain parts

Sad to hear that Mike, the MV's suffered the same fate if you recall.
    40 odd powered two wheelers over 40 odd years. Currently in the garage are a 2016 Tuono V4 1100RR and a '79 Honda CB550F

apriliaforum expert norcolmille's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetMaX View Post
    A few things I'd like to be added/improved (I have a 2018 rr), in no particular order:
    • Let me reply as well from a recent consistent high altitude - high ambient temp experience

• It runs hot, very hot. I've been told is not the worst in the world but still ... yes but never overheated
    • The collectors for the two back cyl really fry your legs (esp left one). Good un the UK or in similar climates, but bad anywhere elsewhere. yes

• Allow using aftermarket cans without removing the cat. I know only 2 aftermarket cans that allow to stay with a cat and one is the stupidly priced homologated akra that I will not buy just to stand to principles. - aftermarket pipe and db killer t
    • The mileage is ... well ... 25-35 mpg and I just learn to stop for gas and stretch
    • Rain map/mode: one click and you tame it down to rain-safe levels. I use ATC but I anticipate future enhancement
    • Fuel gauge, please. Sorry I just look at mileage and the light works - stop within 50 miles
    • It seems to eat quite a bit of engine oil. not yet only 3000 miles

I just love the 2017 / 2018 generation I doubt I will ever need the new active suspension version these electronics are enough
    present
    now a 2017 Aprilia Tuono RR let the mods begin
    sold the fun little 675 daytona
    previous - two Gen2 "Factories"
    5 past Apes and other rides too numerous to mention

It pains me to say it but I've found my 19 slightly poorer than my 16. Noticeably the tail unit single seat fitment, some of the bolts that have just come loose and fitment in certain areas

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a road & track rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

https://www.youtube.com/user/dean100yz1

Quote Originally Posted by Birky_D View Post
    It pains me to say it but I've found my 19 slightly poorer than my 16. Noticeably the tail unit single seat fitment, some of the bolts that have just come loose and fitment in certain areas

I would agree, I took the bolts out holding the seat cowling on today to squeeze some bits of my tyre repair kit in, one was cross threaded, I needed to die the bolt and re tap the thread in the subframe, a lot of the passivation to the aluminium parts is not as nice as my 15 bike.

I remember when someone ran into the rear of my MV1000 in 2006, I did all the work and when fitting the new rear subframe the silver was coming off on my hands whereas the old bent one was a better finish, I guess its the way they go trying to save pennies and cut corners every year

[QUOTE=mikef4uk;461064

I remember when someone ran into the rear of my MV1000 in 2006, I did all the work and when fitting the new rear subframe the silver was coming off on my hands whereas the old bent one was a better finish, I guess its the way they go trying to save pennies and cut corners every year[/QUOTE]

Yet still manage a price increase I guess that's life and we all put up with it! oh for the love of bikes.
    The original Blue and White!
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience

apriliaforum prov-nov
    "When I say I have a Ducati people know what I am talking about" if I said "I have an Aprilia" people say "who makes that"
    A significant reason some of us prefer Aprilia over Ducati, IWC over Rolex, and Meribel over Courchevel.

Quote Originally Posted by NewApriliaGuy View Post
    A significant reason some of us prefer Aprilia over Ducati, IWC over Rolex, and Meribel over Courchevel.
    Yep had 5 Aprilias and 1 duc 748 back in about 2000 for 3 weeks... Moved it on for a Mille and never touched a duc since

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a road & track rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

https://www.youtube.com/user/dean100yz1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123