Thread: New bike and a few observations

Cool New bike and a few observations

Just picked up this beauty today from the great folks at AF1! Many thanks to Sean and Brandon as well as the parts department for information and working with me through the process.

After a longer ride home in absolute love with the new bike just a few small observations that I think are easy fixes.

I rode home in sport but hadn't really asked if the modes affect power at all ?

Only small thing I noticed is the brakes being new not sure if they needed to bed in more but they seemed to way soft and not slowing down as good as the demo unit. May be a simple adjustment issue or need a bit of bleeding. I am considering adding an Brembo RCS to the bike anyhow so that is definitely on the list.

But overall the bike handles like a dream I've had 2 bikes with active suspension and honestly I've never found an active system I was absolutely in love with. Definitely loving the ohlins and handling of the new bike as I had a good time scrubbing in the tires in some curves near home along with a little roundabout.

Now to start moving through my usual parts upgrades and have lots of fun on the new beauty.

Congrats!

See where I can help...
    Full power in all modes. The throttle mapping and engine braking are the main differences, if I recall correctly.

Maybe have AF1 bleed out the system for you. When I test rode the 1100 Factory on track, it braked better than my own bike.
    Turn the ABS to 3, and go engage the ABS system a few times to get the fluid moving inside the module/accumulator. This can help bleed the system.

Don't really need an RCS m/c. Unless you're thinking of getting the Corsa Corta, because blingggg

Enjoy the bike and get some LED headlights !

apriliaforum newb
    Congrats man!

My only gripe with my bike this far has been removing all the warning stickers, of which there are many lol.

apriliaforum expert brandonmccann's Avatar
    if u want some LED headlights, I much recommend OPT7 ones from amazon. I had them on my shiver and they were really nice quality. Now they have one with a better beam I think.

Congrats tho, bike looks great!
    -----------------------------------------
    *WANT to BUY, sell 2 me plz* - Gilles/Racetorx Ti shift holder, Apex Mfg GP clip ons, Domino MotoGP grips, Robby Moto SBK rearsets; ​FOR 2012 RSV4

[SLAVE I] - 2009 Stage I Aprilia Shiver; 2013 - 2019(highside May 17th).
    [SLAVE II] -2012 Aprilia RSV4 APRC; current - Race ECU, Ti Racefit exhaust, EuroRacing throttle, CRG Arrows, HSBK seat, Melotti upper, tail tidy, road/track fairings, MWR filter, TWM GP levers, GBracing covers, Rizoma sprocket cover, Motobox signals, Marc1 screen, Samco kit,

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonmccann View Post
    if u want some LED headlights, I much recommend OPT7 ones from amazon. I had them on my shiver and they were really nice quality. Now they have one with a better beam I think.

Congrats tho, bike looks great!
    Are those plug n play?

I've seen the OPT7 units but the philips low profile units seem to be the ticket. Which I spotted them in the thread with the guy from miami with all the bling. But lots of things on the list at the moment tail tidy , integrated tail light , good clean plate bracket , LED's .

Also performance goodies: exhaust , wheels and rearsets. Which I have the giamoto units already.

Quote Originally Posted by eloitr View Post
    Congrats!

See where I can help...
    Full power in all modes. The throttle mapping and engine braking are the main differences, if I recall correctly.

Maybe have AF1 bleed out the system for you. When I test rode the 1100 Factory on track, it braked better than my own bike.
    Turn the ABS to 3, and go engage the ABS system a few times to get the fluid moving inside the module/accumulator. This can help bleed the system.

Don't really need an RCS m/c. Unless you're thinking of getting the Corsa Corta, because blingggg

Enjoy the bike and get some LED headlights !

I actually rode home on base settings and i think abs was set to 3 as i could feel it pumping on a hard stop but it was only softly pumping. Will try bedding them in and using abs mode 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengure View Post
    I've seen the OPT7 units but the philips low profile units seem to be the ticket. Which I spotted them in the thread with the guy from miami with all the bling. But lots of things on the list at the moment tail tidy , integrated tail light , good clean plate bracket , LED's .

Also performance goodies: exhaust , wheels and rearsets. Which I have the giamoto units already.
    Going with carbon wheels?

I got the oem slim tail light and it surprisingly cleans up the rear a lot.

apriliaforum expert Proctologist's Avatar
    Congrats.. she's a beauty

Today:
    Ducati 1199 Panigale Rosso | Aprilia RSV4-R APRC ABS | Aprilia RSV 1000R (under construction)

Yesterday:
    Ducati 1098 | Suzuki GSX-R1000 | Suzuki GSX-R1100 | Kawasaki Ninja ZX600R | Suzuki TS185

Set your ABS to 1 and see if that changes your feel. Not sure why but with anything higher than 1 I hated the feel of the brake.
    For Sale : 2016 RSV4 Arrow GP2, CRG Clutch Lever, 2016 Bucine Grey Fairings, OEM Tail lamp