Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Options for replacing the 200 Supercorsa SP rear tire??

apriliaforum Member East Bay Blake's Avatar
    for the amount of miles youíre talking about putting on youíll probably use two rears for every front. The Q3+ would be a great option. Like others have said, you wonít miss the extra 10mm of width. You may even find that the bike is more reactive with the 190 vs the 200....the nice thing with bike tires is they wear quick enough that you can always try something else fairly quick. Iím at 11k+ miles and have had the original Pirelli Corsaís... good tires. Then had two sets of Q3+ (based on Dave Mossí suggestion) and am now on my second set of Q4ís. I will stick with the Q4ís because I use the bike for track and aggressive canyon riding. Theyíre the best when it comes to my kind of riding.

oh, and these threads are always gonna have fan boys of each brand. Pick something thatís in your price range, maybe has a rebate and then use the rebate on some more tires.... there arenít any really bad choices out there. Tires nowadays are pretty awesome compared to just 10 years ago. Add in traction control, etc... and youíre splitting hairs unless youíre a racer. just my .02 cents.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C9E3B1D9-8EAC-4140-934A-4B547D1D10B1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	386968

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks for the suggestions "East Bay Blake"...apparently we live in the same town....did you send me a message end of last year...if yes, I responded a few days ago...used to ride the yellow Tuono on Ygnacio

apriliaforum Member East Bay Blake's Avatar
    PM responded to.

apriliaforum expert coolonthecoast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman133 View Post
    Rosso corsa 2

+1 If you are after a bit more longevity than the Supercorsa, the Rosso Corsas are excellent. I had them fitted as standard on my 2016RR and I've just changed the rear at 3400 miles. I could probably have squeezed a couple of more hundred miles out of it, but didn't fancy riding home on the canvas. Lol
    40 odd powered two wheelers over 40 odd years. Currently in the garage are a 2016 Tuono V4 1100RR and a '79 Honda CB550F

Quote Originally Posted by coolonthecoast View Post
    +1 If you are after a bit more longevity than the Supercorsa, the Rosso Corsas are excellent. I had them fitted as standard on my 2016RR and I've just changed the rear at 3400 miles. I could probably have squeezed a couple of more hundred miles out of it, but didn't fancy riding home on the canvas. Lol
    IMHO in the UK a Supercorsa (and very much more so the front) is an excellent tyre providing it's a dry, warm, sunny day, once we get to this time of year with colder days the front seems to loose its 'feel'. I used to run Diablo Rosso Corsa and for road use they seemed to perform as well and work better in the colder months and mornings/evenings

I now run Bridgestones and have been using an S21 rear and RS10 front, saying that as I am typing a box has just landed containing a pair of Bridgestone S22's

I went for the front S22 instead of the RS10 after watching some tyre reviews of them were I picked up on some comments like ''The grip is better especially the front'' I guess I'll find out in the coming weeks

Name:	IMG_5449.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	386988

Quote Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
    IMHO in the UK a Supercorsa (and very much more so the front) is an excellent tyre providing it's a dry, warm, sunny day, once we get to this time of year with colder days the front seems to loose its 'feel'. I used to run Diablo Rosso Corsa and for road use they seemed to perform as well and work better in the colder months and mornings/evenings

I now run Bridgestones and have been using an S21 rear and RS10 front, saying that as I am typing a box has just landed containing a pair of Bridgestone S22's

I went for the front S22 instead of the RS10 after watching some tyre reviews of them were I picked up on some comments like ''The grip is better especially the front'' I guess I'll find out in the coming weeks

Name:	IMG_5449.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	386988
    Friend of mine who's fairly quick on track and bloody quick on road (that doesn't sound good but that's how he is) who rides an rsv4 just fitted some s22s and ride to Germany and back. Tyres still looked fresh. Then did cadwell Monday an ran 1.41s in fast. Not blow away fast but a good pace given the tyre and a he said his own ability

He said the only thing he found was the front feeling like it was giving way towards the end of each session

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a road & track rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

https://www.youtube.com/user/dean100yz1

Quote Originally Posted by Birky_D View Post
    Friend of mine who's fairly quick on track and bloody quick on road (that doesn't sound good but that's how he is) who rides an rsv4 just fitted some s22s and ride to Germany and back. Tyres still looked fresh. Then did cadwell Monday an ran 1.41s in fast. Not blow away fast but a good pace given the tyre and a he said his own ability

He said the only thing he found was the front feeling like it was giving way towards the end of each session

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that, Bike is in for 1st service tomorrow and ill get the front on after that (Using my forged wheels off 2015 bike, hence the need for new tyres) I know the RS10 is an unbelievably good front tyre so i'll see how the S22 measures up, with the RS10 front and S21 rear they seem to wear out as a pair with probably front a couple of hundred miles before rear

Bridgestones are just hard work to fit if you do them with a handful of levers like i do

I am a big Dunlop fan ... Right now have Q4s on the Tuono which are almost done in 2K miles.

Previously had a Q3+ which was also done in 2-3k miles.
    2016 Tuono V4 1100 Factory
    RACE ECU|Adjustable levers|Puig Racing Footpegs|AF1 Red RSV4 Bellpan|GBR/Graves/Woodcraft /frame/axle Sliders/Case Savers,Spools|Evotech FE|Rhinomoto Barend Mirrors|EBC HH Pads|EVAP delete|LED Lights|Slipscreens headlight protectors|R&G CF Tank/Tail sliders|Radiator Guards|Powerbronze Airflow Screen|Reflective rim stripes|Stompgrips|Koso Heated Grips
    2014 S1000R Premium
    Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike Belly Pan|Bestem CF Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|Barend Mirrors|360į+R&G LED signals|Reflective rim stripes|R&G+Puig Protection|H&B panniers|Fully adjustable levers

2017 Tiger Explorer XCa
    Expedition Cases|ADV protectors|Adjustable levers

Past 06 FZ6, 07 FZ1, 06 Daytona, 12 S1000RR

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Just found a set of q3's on fleabay for 139.xx in case any one is intersted.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McPhil View Post
    Just found a set of q3's on fleabay for 139.xx in case any one is intersted.
    Found a rear tire for that price

apriliaforum newb

apriliaforum Member
    It's funny every time I see the title of this thread I think "another Supercorsa" lol. It all depends on our situations. I ride one a week if I'm lucky, about 3k a season. Tires and an oil change go together around here. I'm sure others benefit from saving $ on tires.
    2016 Factory...Cujo
    2004 Hayabusa...Tango
    2006 Honda ST1300...STella
    2003 Zuma...no nick name

I am using the Q3+ in 190 width and they are great... I don't know that this bike needs a 200. Plus, the heavier 200 will add to your drivetrain losses, if that stuff matters to you...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12