Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motogp silly season 2019

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)

Motogp silly season 2019

So, on top of the Jorge, Johann, Jack merry go round news is now emerging that Marquez Junior's move to the Petronas moto2 team has been blocked by Yamaha. Can't corroborate yet as it's on a Spanish website. Stay tuned

Jorge is shooting hisself in the foot. Honduh knows he wants to leave and have zero incentive to do much for him now. Can't say I blame Yamaha really if they are indeed blocking Alex. Not sure if I want trade secrets talked about over dinner. Zarco is probably done in GP now.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    By all accounts it was Gigi who approached Jorge not the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    So, on top of the Jorge, Johann, Jack merry go round news is now emerging that Marquez Junior's move to the Petronas moto2 team has been blocked by Yamaha. Can't corroborate yet as it's on a Spanish website. Stay tuned
    Petronas looking to move Franco?
    Windmill cancer survivor.
    I don't care about my apathy.

apriliaforum expert
    Puig said he wanted Zarco last year.... who knows tf knows maybe Jlo shot himself in the footsie.
    Zarco said he will announce where he goes at Silverstone.
    Has ayone has a list of open seats for moto2 and wsbk for 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by ZarcoChamp View Post
    Puig said he wanted Zarco last year.... who knows tf knows maybe Jlo shot himself in the footsie.
    Zarco said he will announce where he goes at Silverstone.
    Has ayone has a list of open seats for moto2 and wsbk for 2020?

there's honda.....haven't heard anyone else than bautista to this day....honestly,zarco without a quality ride represent a loss for moto GP afaic. zarco can without the shadow of a doubt win in moto GP with the right bike. i can't believes he could get back to moto 2.a step backward which he doesn't deserves at all.

i know those are under contract for 2020, but zarco could replace vinales or mir ,and would bring more success to both teams which ever team it would be.

as for a seat in moto 2....give him sam lowes seat.i just don't understand what he does there lol.

apriliaforum expert
    And he's been linked to Marc VDS moto2 certainly not a bad bike... I just don't get it how can he still get a seat in moto2....

Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    By all accounts it was Gigi who approached Jorge not the other way round
    i believe that.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Im gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Zarco out at the end of this season... https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2019/...e-split/304917 F***k its not linking in, i copied it perfectly.
    Last edited by DaveNZ; 08-13-2019 at 02:38 AM.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    i believe that.
    I do too, & I read it somewhere yesterday.

Found it.>>https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...=1#post4606880

Not sure how much truth is in it, after all, this is the internet. \_(ツ)_/
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    Zarco out at the end of this season... https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2019/...e-split/304917 F***k its not linking in, i copied it perfectly.
    https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2019/...e-split/304917
    Beware the festive dog; drive soothingly over the grease-mud, for therein lies the skid demon.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming in terror, like his passengers -- Jack Handey

apriliaforum expert
    It was not too long ago he was being touted as the next "alien".
    Now what? Aprilia? Maybe Suzuki will put together a second team.

apriliaforum expert cggunnersmate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuzziMoto View Post
    It was not too long ago he was being touted as the next "alien".
    Now what? Aprilia? Maybe Suzuki will put together a second team.
    Those may be his only options to stay in the premiere class barring Rossi making a shocking retirement announcement (in which case I'd expect Yamaha to go after either Rins or Quartararo) leaving either of their seats open. And Suzuki satellite team seems a big if, no word at all to my knowledge of Suzuki looking to support one.

So likely one of three options for Zarco. Move back to Moto2 if he can find a ride he wants, a move to WSBK or retirement/sabatical.

A couple less likely options on a satellite Duc, Rabat has been on it for a while now and done very little (only 2 other full time riders below him in the standings one on a KTM and the other has Daddy Abraham money). Bagnia has had some decent runs when he finishes but he's also at very nearly a 50% DNF rate. (5 of 11). Don't know either's contract status but if they're not up they could be out on performance (or lack there of) clauses or bought out.

And maybe a very, very outside chance of a ride in Moto America if it materialized (say Baubier and/or Gerloff looking to move to the world stage). I think Zarco would do quite well over here on a competitive ride (Graves Yamaha for example).
    Brent
    Chief Gunnersmate
    U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
    Orlando Area
    '12 Tuono V4
    '03 Tuono (For Sale)
    '01 Speed Triple (RIP) 8/26/11
    '98 GSXR 600 (traded for the Tuoldo)
    '86 VFR Interceptor (died in Puerto Rico 20 years ago)

apriliaforum expert
    Zarco is struggling to ride the KTM. I think he would struggle worse on a Duc, especially a non-factory Duc.
    I think Yamaha aren't going to want him, I think he burned that bridge. A slim chance at Mir's seat on the satellite Yamaha, but I very much doubt it. If Rossi left, Yamaha would likely give that seat to Quartararo at this point. I am not sure that is a good idea, but I think that is what they would do. However, unless Yamaha ups their game it really doesn't matter who is on their bike. Sure, Yamaha might win one or two races in a year. But week in / week out Yamaha are down on speed and can't keep up. Quartararo might do well in qualifying where he can keep his speed up through the corners. But the ease that Dovi and Marc blew by him last weekend was staggering. It was valiant for Fabio to pass Marc back on the brakes, but it was futile. It only delayed the inevitable.
    Right now I would rather be on the KTM than the Yamaha. One is getting faster, the other is not. I am disappointed that Zarco is giving up on the KTM. I would think he would be able to figure it out, but perhaps he is not as talented as we thought. Sometimes it is simply a fluke, a flash in the pan, a perfect storm of rider and bike that is better than the individual parts.

apriliaforum expert cggunnersmate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuzziMoto View Post
    Zarco is struggling to ride the KTM. I think he would struggle worse on a Duc, especially a non-factory Duc.
    I think Yamaha aren't going to want him, I think he burned that bridge. A slim chance at Mir's seat on the satellite Yamaha, but I very much doubt it. If Rossi left, Yamaha would likely give that seat to Quartararo at this point. I am not sure that is a good idea, but I think that is what they would do. However, unless Yamaha ups their game it really doesn't matter who is on their bike. Sure, Yamaha might win one or two races in a year. But week in / week out Yamaha are down on speed and can't keep up. Quartararo might do well in qualifying where he can keep his speed up through the corners. But the ease that Dovi and Marc blew by him last weekend was staggering. It was valiant for Fabio to pass Marc back on the brakes, but it was futile. It only delayed the inevitable.
    Right now I would rather be on the KTM than the Yamaha. One is getting faster, the other is not. I am disappointed that Zarco is giving up on the KTM. I would think he would be able to figure it out, but perhaps he is not as talented as we thought. Sometimes it is simply a fluke, a flash in the pan, a perfect storm of rider and bike that is better than the individual parts.
    I think Yamaha can figure out a way to deal with the straight line advantage of the Ducati and Honda, not equal or beat them but mitigate the advantage. They did it for Rossi against Stoner and Ducati in 2008, they set up Rossi's bike so it could just stay with the Ducati on the straights so Rossi could out brake Stoner into the turns. Granted it won't be easy and Dovi is a demon on the brakes and MM is really only limited by the Honda's braking stability issues. Quartararo had the slowest top speeds of the weekend yet qualified 2nd and finished 3rd and he was down about 14kph on Dovi and MM who were exactly the same in top speed and fastest over everyone else. Rossi was 10kph down and Vinales was 8 down. Morbidelli was fastest of the Yamahas in a straighline being 7kph down. Some of this could have been gearing, or who had a fresher engine, though Quartararo's deficit makes me wonder if he got the lemon of the engines.

I don't think Yamaha changing engine configuration to a V4 will do them any good. It would be a completely, ground up new engine, requiring an all new chassis and it would take years to develop it into a competitive package (if ever).

Yamaha might have better luck trying different firing orders, maybe going back to a screamer engine to get more power if they don't lose too much elsewhere. They're power disadvantage isn't as big a deal at alot of other tracks so I don't think they'll want to sacrifice too much handling for more straight line speed.
    Brent
    Chief Gunnersmate
    U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
    Orlando Area
    '12 Tuono V4
    '03 Tuono (For Sale)
    '01 Speed Triple (RIP) 8/26/11
    '98 GSXR 600 (traded for the Tuoldo)
    '86 VFR Interceptor (died in Puerto Rico 20 years ago)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast