Thread: front tyre shaft -no nut???

apriliaforum newb

front tyre shaft -no nut???

Hello
    Very happy Australian peg trail owner. I wanted to take front wheel off to change tyre myself so I pulled out the manual. The manual pictures dont match my bike. The manual says there is a nut on shaft on brake caliper side but my shaft is smooth finish. No nut at all.

My wheel has a hex key socket on right hand side of shaft (if sitting on bike) and then some smaller hex keys around shaft to obliviously loosen shaft housing.

So what do I need to do to take off front wheel? why does my bike wheel not match manual?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pete280 View Post
    Hello
    Very happy Australian peg trail owner. I wanted to take front wheel off to change tyre myself so I pulled out the manual. The manual pictures dont match my bike. The manual says there is a nut on shaft on brake caliper side but my shaft is smooth finish. No nut at all.

My wheel has a hex key socket on right hand side of shaft (if sitting on bike) and then some smaller hex keys around shaft to obliviously loosen shaft housing.

So what do I need to do to take off front wheel? why does my bike wheel not match manual?

thanks
    You have the wrong manual? :-)
    Undo the pinch bolts, turn the shaft.
    Take wheel off.
    Struggle with tyre change.
    Reverse above.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    A square Peg in a round hole - http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by ytc1 View Post
    You have the wrong manual? :-)
    Undo the pinch bolts, turn the shaft.
    Take wheel off.
    Struggle with tyre change.
    Reverse above.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    Thanks for this. I figured that would be the case but just wanted to ensure no other tricks or surprises. The manual is for a trail pegaso but it clearly shows a nut on the caliper side of wheel.

Am new to this forum but my peg is great. do a lot of highway and fire trails and pine tracks and national park trails etc. All good. Even done some light dirt riding with my kids when they take their dirt bikes out. Only complaints - wish I had 2-3 more litres of fuel in standard tank and I do find it geared quite high but if I change sprockets for more bottom end I am worried about rise in fuel consumption as most driving on highway. Done some camping trips and bike is great to load up and escape on. Hoping to get some better panniers and go rtw in due course. Very comfy bike. I have no power commander installed but other tricks have removed 85% of surge issues. Slight surge at 3200 rpm but can live with it until I have more coin for power commander.

apriliaforum Member
    https://ecu-flashing.com

If you're looking to improve the performance of you Peg this is the guy you need. Send him your ecu and he reprograms it. Improves throttle response, removes all the throttle surge and backfire on overrun and better mpg. I sent mine last year and he charged 220 euros plus shipping and mine feels like a different bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pete280 View Post
    Thanks for this. I figured that would be the case but just wanted to ensure no other tricks or surprises. The manual is for a trail pegaso but it clearly shows a nut on the caliper side of wheel.

Am new to this forum but my peg is great. do a lot of highway and fire trails and pine tracks and national park trails etc. All good. Even done some light dirt riding with my kids when they take their dirt bikes out. Only complaints - wish I had 2-3 more litres of fuel in standard tank and I do find it geared quite high but if I change sprockets for more bottom end I am worried about rise in fuel consumption as most driving on highway. Done some camping trips and bike is great to load up and escape on. Hoping to get some better panniers and go rtw in due course. Very comfy bike. I have no power commander installed but other tricks have removed 85% of surge issues. Slight surge at 3200 rpm but can live with it until I have more coin for power commander.
    I've experimented quite a lot with a 13 tooth front sprocket rather than the 15 tooth standard. 13 tooth needs to be tightened precisely to prevent it from touching the engine guard but it will redue speed at tick over from 8mph to 6mph in first gear. It makes the bike very lively bit it will top out at about 90mph. fuel consumption goes upabout 12% and te speedo also becomes 12% too fast.

However, on the trials it becomes so much eaaier to hamdle as you can approach problems at less speed and with better throttle response. As long as you go well equiped, riding to teh trail and swapping sprockets is not inconcievable.
    “If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.” Douglas Adams