Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: bautista out,redding in

Quote Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
    Apparently they made an offer and he did not accept it. If I had the choice, I would have stuck to a winning bike rather than the dog turd that Honduh has.
    To be fair, the guy probably hasn't had a "huge" contract in a very very very long time. He may be looking at this situation as that "one time" he can demand a ton of money from manufacturers (kind of like Crutchlow did when he moved to factory Ducati from Tech-3) and really set himself up financially, forever. He'll be bummed he won't win but he won't be bummed that he set himself up.
    Current: '07 Aprilia Tuono Factory, '07 BMW R1200GS
    Past: '14 Aprilia Tuono V4, '17 KTM RC390, '07 KTM Superduke 990, '07 Husqvarna SM610

apriliaforum expert cggunnersmate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    His salary apparently wasn't mega, certainly nothing like the numbers they were talking about Honda offering a couple of weeks ago
    IF Honda is offering Bautista some serious money (for WSBK) to move to their team/bike next year then you'd think there were some serious promises made considering his performance and early domination on the Ducati. Either they are throwing alot of money at him or a bit more than Ducati with promises of a competitive bike. Whether that's a re-vamped CBR or a new V4 RC model will remain to be seen but I've not seen or heard anything of Honda testing either so they either have Lockheed level Skunkworks going on or they have no new bike and just threw money at Bautista.

Gigi I thought had changed Ducati Corse's way of doing things and dealing with rider issues with the bike (working on the bikes and not just blaming the riders) and Bautista has been with Ducati for a while I don't see him leaving for a slightly better paycheck on a uncompetitive bike. I hope Honda promised him a real competitive bike and actually deliver.
    Brent
    Chief Gunnersmate
    U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
    Orlando Area
    '12 Tuono V4
    '03 Tuono (For Sale)
    '01 Speed Triple (RIP) 8/26/11
    '98 GSXR 600 (traded for the Tuoldo)
    '86 VFR Interceptor (died in Puerto Rico 20 years ago)

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    His salary apparently wasn't mega, certainly nothing like the numbers they were talking about Honda offering a couple of weeks ago
    His win bonuses have been making up for it tho'............100,000 Euros per win allegedly.

Honda are def up to something in WSBK........the bike they are running at the moment is shit, way worse than the Ten Kate effort it replaced, but their whole involvement is shrouded in secrecy, riders not speaking to the media, garage doors firmly shut etc.

I think the bike is a test mule for what's to come.....they're not even running an upgraded swingarm, which the Ten Kate bike had, they're running the standard streetbike unit....no serious race team does that voluntarily without good reason, unless they're underestimating the competition or naÔve.......I can't believe Honda/Moriwaki are that stupid.

Bautista must have seen something other than money to attract him over there.....I just hope Leon Camier doesn't get shit on, yet again, in the process.

Ducati is on the whole a happy and hugely passionate family and they look after and cherish their favoured riders, they must cherish Alvaro for what he's done for them this season (well, up until the point his head fell off!) so there must be a heavy draw to lure him over to the soulless organisation that is Honda, not just the money.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    His win bonuses have been making up for it tho'............100,000 Euros per win allegedly.

Honda are def up to something in WSBK........the bike they are running at the moment is shit, way worse than the Ten Kate effort it replaced, but their whole involvement is shrouded in secrecy, riders not speaking to the media, garage doors firmly shut etc.

I think the bike is a test mule for what's to come.....they're not even running an upgraded swingarm, which the Ten Kate bike had, they're running the standard streetbike unit....no serious race team does that voluntarily without good reason, unless they're underestimating the competition or naÔve.......I can't believe Honda/Moriwaki are that stupid.

Bautista must have seen something other than money to attract him over there.....I just hope Leon Camier doesn't get shit on, yet again, in the process.

Ducati is on the whole a happy and hugely passionate family and they look after and cherish their favoured riders, they must cherish Alvaro for what he's done for them this season (well, up until the point his head fell off!) so there must be a heavy draw to lure him over to the soulless organisation that is Honda, not just the money.
    Honda may be up to something. But how do you run a "test mule" if you don't actually run anything worth testing?
    They may have a new bike in the pipe, but for it to be a secret at this point if it is coming out next year is seriously impressive. Not impossible, but improbable.

I agree Pierre.....Honda has something other than money to attract Bautista to switch over. There is something we aren't seeing. I would love to see a Honda V4.....reminds me of the twin days of superbike when Honda brought in the RC51 to take on the Ducati 996.

I wonder if this is where Zarco is headed as well. Would be interesting. Especially if Honda is offering a Motogp ride for a WSBK title winner. Could see this being attractive for both Bautista and Zarco as a gateway back to GP.

https://www.gpone.com/en/2019/07/24/...ect-to-me.html
    2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
    1999 Aprilia RS50
    1997 Honda CBR 900RR (Deutschland Bike)
    2001 Honda RC51 SP1
    2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
    2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
    2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)

yeah. that's an interesting theory. could be hrc is planning on blowing the doors off.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

They have an Insatiable diet maybe, they have not forgotten the ass whoopen they got all those years ago.

Why pull Zarco when you can get Fores already in the Honda family back in WSBK on the cheap who’s a quality reliable rider.

Its Honda, its not like they are on a tight budget. If their sole goal is to come out and dominate the championship first year on a new bike, like they did with the RC51, I think they will throw everything they have at it. Maybe Honda doesn't want a "quality" rider on the cheap....they want domination. Bautista and Zarco would be a pretty stacked team.

With that in mind, Zarco may be on the budget as well. I've read Zarco is pretty "Spartan". Dedicates every second of the day trying to better himself to win a championship. Money isn't a priority for him, having a winning bike and being competitive is. The last year must have been a nightmare for his personality and the guy would probably pay to leave KTM and be on a winning bike. If Honda has told him they will give him a new winning bike developed for him in WSBK with a bonus of a seat in Motogp if he wins.....what could be better in his situation? If it is true, its his best and possibly only shot of being on a competitive bike in Motogp ever again. If he stays in KTM he his done. I think he would snag that opportunity over a payday any day of the week. It would be a big win for Honda as well.

Here is another crazy theory. Honda has a history of taking what Ducati has done and does it on steroids.....almost to make a point of "hey, if we really want to throw a budget at this series, we can beat you at your own game at anytime". The Panigale V4R is said to be a Motogp based bike designed to be ridden by GP riders in a SBK series.....that being said, if Honda is basing their new design with the same concept in mind, i'd be looking for quality GP riders to fill the seats. Hence why they would want Bautista and possibly Zarco to develop and win on it. Zarco would be an absolute steal for Honda right now, the guy would do anything to get out of KTM, is hungry to win, and is championship material.
    2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
    1999 Aprilia RS50
    2001 Honda RC51 SP1
    2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
    2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)

^^^^^

i like that point of view

i agree with most of it. i can see honda doing that, and see those riders going for it.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

apriliaforum expert cggunnersmate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gts455 View Post
    Its Honda, its not like they are on a tight budget. If their sole goal is to come out and dominate the championship first year on a new bike, like they did with the RC51, I think they will throw everything they have at it. Maybe Honda doesn't want a "quality" rider on the cheap....they want domination. Bautista and Zarco would be a pretty stacked team.

With that in mind, Zarco may be on the budget as well. I've read Zarco is pretty "Spartan". Dedicates every second of the day trying to better himself to win a championship. Money isn't a priority for him, having a winning bike and being competitive is. The last year must have been a nightmare for his personality and the guy would probably pay to leave KTM and be on a winning bike. If Honda has told him they will give him a new winning bike developed for him in WSBK with a bonus of a seat in Motogp if he wins.....what could be better in his situation? If it is true, its his best and possibly only shot of being on a competitive bike in Motogp ever again. If he stays in KTM he his done. I think he would snag that opportunity over a payday any day of the week. It would be a big win for Honda as well.

Here is another crazy theory. Honda has a history of taking what Ducati has done and does it on steroids.....almost to make a point of "hey, if we really want to throw a budget at this series, we can beat you at your own game at anytime". The Panigale V4R is said to be a Motogp based bike designed to be ridden by GP riders in a SBK series.....that being said, if Honda is basing their new design with the same concept in mind, i'd be looking for quality GP riders to fill the seats. Hence why they would want Bautista and possibly Zarco to develop and win on it. Zarco would be an absolute steal for Honda right now, the guy would do anything to get out of KTM, is hungry to win, and is championship material.
    The problem I see is that Honda has given fuck all about WSBK and Superbikes in general since Edwards won his titles (and Hayden his AMA) and with WSBK seeming to be dying a slow death I'd be a bit surprised to see Honda throw alot of money at it. Their "return" has been a joke so far. Maybe they've just been greasing the wheels for when a new bike drops...

Just seems a bit late in the WSBK game to give a shit about it now.
    Last edited by cggunnersmate; 08-15-2019 at 07:02 AM.
    Brent
    Chief Gunnersmate
    U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
    Orlando Area
    '12 Tuono V4
    '03 Tuono (For Sale)
    '01 Speed Triple (RIP) 8/26/11
    '98 GSXR 600 (traded for the Tuoldo)
    '86 VFR Interceptor (died in Puerto Rico 20 years ago)

apriliaforum expert
    The problem with that is WSBK is the 2nd division, Option A is moto2, option B maybe is wsbk, but no doubt he'll do all he can to get back to moto2 before heading to wsbk
    But yeah this could be a good idea for sure

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by cggunnersmate View Post
    The problem I see is that Honda has given fuck all about WSBK and Superbikes in general since Edwards won his titles (and Hayden his AMA) and with WSBK seeming to be dying a slow death I'm a bit surprised to see Honda throw alot of money at it. They're "return" has been a joke so far. Maybe they've just been greasing the wheels for when a new bike drops...

Maybe they are fed up with getting owned at The 8hr and IOM TT, two races that Honda see as very important. Perhaps they have taken over the WSB effort for this season to blood their team/mechanics for the big assault ? I hope so , it would be nice to see a V4 Honda

Quote Originally Posted by cggunnersmate View Post
    The problem I see is that Honda has given fuck all about WSBK and Superbikes in general since Edwards won his titles (and Hayden his AMA) and with WSBK seeming to be dying a slow death I'd be a bit surprised to see Honda throw alot of money at it. Their "return" has been a joke so far. Maybe they've just been greasing the wheels for when a new bike drops...

Quote Originally Posted by ZarcoChamp View Post
    The problem with that is WSBK is the 2nd division, Option A is moto2, option B maybe is wsbk, but no doubt he'll do all he can to get back to moto2 before heading to wsbk
    But yeah this could be a good idea for sure
    Yeah, I agree he would prefer moto2 and to stay on the GP circuit. Constant presence and face time around the GP teams and he would continue to ride all the same tracks. Probably his best shot at staying competitive in the GP class.

But, I think WSBK is a valid option if he doesn't get a competitive ride in Moto2 AND Honda offers a motogp return if he can pull off a championship in WSBK or maybe even some wildcards next year. Wouldn't be bad timing with Lorenzo staying on through next year. With no seats open in the GP class, he will be riding somewhere else anyway. If Honda provides a contract option for a return to GP in 2021 I could see him going that route, but other than that he'll shoot for moto2.

Maybe they are fed up with getting owned at The 8hr and IOM TT, two races that Honda see as very important. Perhaps they have taken over the WSB effort for this season to blood their team/mechanics for the big assault ? I hope so , it would be nice to see a V4 Honda
    That is something i didn't even think about. Totally could see that. With Marquez on the RCV dominating this year its not a bad time for Honda to possibly push extra effort into WSBK. Patents were submitted for a V4 last year from Honda and the rumour is they held off a year since Euro5 emissions will be kicking in, which makes sense.
    2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
    1999 Aprilia RS50
    2001 Honda RC51 SP1
    2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
    2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast