Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: bautista out,redding in

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Michael Rutter test rode the new s1000rr M-sport and it impressed him so much he instantly put his superstock bike up for sale hes ridden for the last 2 year even though it has over £100k in it. Said the new bike is so much better.

Speaking of BMW, Eugene Laverty has signed for SMR to ride the bike next year. Just like Sam Lowes he seems to get great rides he barely deserves imo

Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    Michael Rutter test rode the new s1000rr M-sport and it impressed him so much he instantly put his superstock bike up for sale hes ridden for the last 2 year even though it has over £100k in it. Said the new bike is so much better.

Speaking of BMW, Eugene Laverty has signed for SMR to ride the bike next year. Just like Sam Lowes he seems to get great rides he barely deserves imo
    i like this.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

Fourblade?
    Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    The only thing definite is of it's a v4 it wont be called fireblade
    please get in touch if you would like a modded collector,adjustable lock-stops or quick release tank and seat pins

Kind of surprised Reiti got dropped at BMW, know he was really favored by Shaun Muir. Think Laverty has the speed if on the right package, too bad the Duc didn't pan out but to be honest aside from Bautista there is nobody really gelling with it consistently. Perhaps thats why they pushing for Redding so much, able to be competitive without electronics. However, seems he also has another strong wsbk offer.

If Bautista is taking Camiers seat at Honda, then Camier to the Yamaha seat that Melandri is leaving?
    For Sale : 2016 RSV4 Arrow GP2, CRG Clutch Lever, 2016 Bucine Grey Fairings, OEM Tail lamp

https://www.motorsport.com/wsbk/news...5/amp/?nrt=194

Interesting article and comments from Bautista. Explains a bit about what Honda has done this year and what is supposed to develop for next season. Nothing specific on the bike, but they are in it to win it seems.
    2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
    1999 Aprilia RS50
    1997 Honda CBR 900RR (Deutschland Bike)
    2001 Honda RC51 SP1
    2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
    2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
    2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Alex View Post
    Kind of surprised Reiti got dropped at BMW, know he was really favored by Shaun Muir. Think Laverty has the speed if on the right package, too bad the Duc didn't pan out but to be honest aside from Bautista there is nobody really gelling with it consistently. Perhaps thats why they pushing for Redding so much, able to be competitive without electronics. However, seems he also has another strong wsbk offer.

If Bautista is taking Camiers seat at Honda, then Camier to the Yamaha seat that Melandri is leaving?
    Not surprised by BMW dumping him. He copped out a few years ago on their factory effort and it appears itís gotten him again. They shouldíve known better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    .....or are they dumb enough to believe that the bike is OK and its the rider that needs to make the difference?
    Doubt anyone could be that stupid or blinkered, even honda. All thay have to do is look at Rea on the honda compared to the following year on the kwak.
    seesecurity.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
    The new BMW also has variable timing based on dual cam properties and, for some reason, it killed the mid range power. Riding that bike in stock form is like riding an R6 in that you have to keep it revved above 9K to get any drive out of corners.
    I've ridden the new one back to back with the old one and that's definitely not my experience, must be what diablo says about the mapping in the usa.
    seesecurity.com.au

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospected View Post
    Not surprised by BMW dumping him. He copped out a few years ago on their factory effort and it appears it’s gotten him again. They should’ve known better.
    Apparantly Muir wanted Laverty from the beginning, but BMW insisted a german rider was on the team.

i myself am a laverty fan, and an ape fan, but that bike not the best for his career. maybe a fast bmw can reset the thing.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

Quote Originally Posted by yzr750 View Post
    I've ridden the new one back to back with the old one and that's definitely not my experience, must be what diablo says about the mapping in the usa.
    I rode the new one last week on track and it is definitely an issue with the US bikes. They also don't hold up very well in crashes. It has monster power on top, but shit for mid range power, which was not the case with last year's bike.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345