Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 71 of 71

Thread: bautista out,redding in

  1. #61
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Posts
    5,019
    Michael Rutter test rode the new s1000rr M-sport and it impressed him so much he instantly put his superstock bike up for sale hes ridden for the last 2 year even though it has over £100k in it. Said the new bike is so much better.

    Speaking of BMW, Eugene Laverty has signed for SMR to ride the bike next year. Just like Sam Lowes he seems to get great rides he barely deserves imo

  2. #62
    apriliaforum expert CRMNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    where your daughter is
    Posts
    19,925
    Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    Michael Rutter test rode the new s1000rr M-sport and it impressed him so much he instantly put his superstock bike up for sale hes ridden for the last 2 year even though it has over £100k in it. Said the new bike is so much better.

    Speaking of BMW, Eugene Laverty has signed for SMR to ride the bike next year. Just like Sam Lowes he seems to get great rides he barely deserves imo
    i like this.
    "death from misadventure"

    /ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

    I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

    ape66

  3. #63
    apriliaforum expert redratbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    with my modded collectors,Kent,UK
    Posts
    3,062
    Fourblade?
    Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    The only thing definite is of it's a v4 it wont be called fireblade
    please get in touch if you would like a modded collector,adjustable lock-stops or quick release tank and seat pins

  4. #64
    apriliaforum Member Mr.Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    197
    Kind of surprised Reiti got dropped at BMW, know he was really favored by Shaun Muir. Think Laverty has the speed if on the right package, too bad the Duc didn't pan out but to be honest aside from Bautista there is nobody really gelling with it consistently. Perhaps thats why they pushing for Redding so much, able to be competitive without electronics. However, seems he also has another strong wsbk offer.

    If Bautista is taking Camiers seat at Honda, then Camier to the Yamaha seat that Melandri is leaving?
    For Sale : 2016 RSV4 Arrow GP2, CRG Clutch Lever, 2016 Bucine Grey Fairings, OEM Tail lamp

  5. #65
    apriliaforum expert gts455's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Deutschland/Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,257
    https://www.motorsport.com/wsbk/news...5/amp/?nrt=194

    Interesting article and comments from Bautista. Explains a bit about what Honda has done this year and what is supposed to develop for next season. Nothing specific on the bike, but they are in it to win it seems.
    2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
    1999 Aprilia RS50
    1997 Honda CBR 900RR (Deutschland Bike)
    2001 Honda RC51 SP1
    2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
    2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
    2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)

  6. #66
    apriliaforum expert Prospected's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Alex View Post
    Kind of surprised Reiti got dropped at BMW, know he was really favored by Shaun Muir. Think Laverty has the speed if on the right package, too bad the Duc didn't pan out but to be honest aside from Bautista there is nobody really gelling with it consistently. Perhaps thats why they pushing for Redding so much, able to be competitive without electronics. However, seems he also has another strong wsbk offer.

    If Bautista is taking Camiers seat at Honda, then Camier to the Yamaha seat that Melandri is leaving?
    Not surprised by BMW dumping him. He copped out a few years ago on their factory effort and it appears itís gotten him again. They shouldíve known better.

  7. #67
    apriliaforum expert yzr750's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    .....or are they dumb enough to believe that the bike is OK and its the rider that needs to make the difference?
    Doubt anyone could be that stupid or blinkered, even honda. All thay have to do is look at Rea on the honda compared to the following year on the kwak.
    seesecurity.com.au

  8. #68
    apriliaforum expert yzr750's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
    The new BMW also has variable timing based on dual cam properties and, for some reason, it killed the mid range power. Riding that bike in stock form is like riding an R6 in that you have to keep it revved above 9K to get any drive out of corners.
    I've ridden the new one back to back with the old one and that's definitely not my experience, must be what diablo says about the mapping in the usa.
    seesecurity.com.au

  9. #69
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Posts
    5,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospected View Post
    Not surprised by BMW dumping him. He copped out a few years ago on their factory effort and it appears it’s gotten him again. They should’ve known better.
    Apparantly Muir wanted Laverty from the beginning, but BMW insisted a german rider was on the team.

  10. #70
    apriliaforum expert CRMNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    where your daughter is
    Posts
    19,925
    i myself am a laverty fan, and an ape fan, but that bike not the best for his career. maybe a fast bmw can reset the thing.
    "death from misadventure"

    /ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

    I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

    ape66

  11. #71
    apriliaforum expert meanstrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Carthage, NC
    Posts
    6,895
    Quote Originally Posted by yzr750 View Post
    I've ridden the new one back to back with the old one and that's definitely not my experience, must be what diablo says about the mapping in the usa.
    I rode the new one last week on track and it is definitely an issue with the US bikes. They also don't hold up very well in crashes. It has monster power on top, but shit for mid range power, which was not the case with last year's bike.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

    RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

    For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. There's a new Falco owner out there in Arizona.
    By cyclebrain in forum SL1000 Falco Forum (all years)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 07:45 AM
  2. V 990 out? Cube in?
    By voxosonic in forum General Motorcycle Talk
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 06:47 PM
  3. What to look out for in 2nd hand rs125
    By Dispatches in forum RS125 Euro-archive
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 04:05 PM
  4. Checa out, Edwards in at Yamaha
    By clarkie49 in forum Professional Racing Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 04:19 PM
  5. Grinding out cone in LEO ZX
    By neoflare in forum Scarabeo 50, SR50, Mojito 50, Rally, Fly 50
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •