Thread: SR 50 Ditech Morini 2003 malossi vario and clutch problem...help

apriliaforum newb

SR 50 Ditech Morini 2003 malossi vario and clutch problem...help

Hello,

Yesterday i put the malossi multivar that came with 8.0gr rolls and the new Fly clutch malossi with white small springs and yellow contra.
    Before i install them the scooter was reaching 85km/h and after that i cant go more than 55...
    Is the problem because of the heavy 8.0 gr rolls and do i need lighter ones and how grams?
    also i saw marks from the belt that it cant go more than the half of the variator. It reaches just the middle and its stops
    thank you in advance and sorry about my english..
    Aprilia Sr 50 Ditech Morini 2003
    Denso Iridium IU24
    Malossi Red Sponge
    Malossi Multivar 8.0gr
    Malossi Fly Clutch
    White clutch springs
    Malossi yellow contra spring
    Belt Athena
    Stock exhaust
    Oil Bardahl-KGR injection 2T
    Top speed 105km/h

Start with the basics.

Put the standard contra spring back in and get some 7.5 gram rollers. Should be all sweet.

Don't waste your time with the malossi belt.

I think the Athena belt is slightly longer than the standard Mitsubishi (check this) this will give slightly more speed.

Maybe if you're up to it bore out the air intake adaptor, air box inlet hole and the throttle body.

Regards,
    Curtis

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    mate
    2010 RS125 Gloss Black
    Arrow Exhaust (E Marked) | Moto Tassinari vForce3 Reed Block
    2002 SR50 Morini Ditech Matte Black SBK Replica 50cc
    Leo Vince GP can | 68cc Kit (Malossi) | Full Circle Crank (Malossi MHR HPC) | Primary gear kit (Malossi) | vForce2 reed block (Top Performances\Moto Tassinari) | 19mm bored throttle body
    2002 SR50 Morini Ditech blue 50cc FOR SALE (daily rider) 100aprilias/hr (80km/h)
    ECU "development mode" (apparently) | 19mm bored TB | Carbon reeds | Std. Variator | 6.0g Rollers [slightly heavy but good] (Malossi) | Std. Clutch | Red Contra Spring [Racing] (Malossi) | Blue Clutch Springs [Sport] (Malossi) | Custom Water Trap

Wrong belt size or wrong installation?Too long slipping very much,and too short stuck in the Torque pulley which can causing funny accelerations like when u take off in the 2nd gear.Malossi makes good solid belts,only u should check the right size and right angle.Also if the contra spring is too strong and weights are too heavy, ur bike maybe cant pull it then u should readjust it.

I had exactly the same bike and setup as you.
    Take out the malossi contra spring. Put it side by side with the original one, put something flat on top of them and push down in the middle to see that the malossi spring is weaker. Throw it away.
    Get some 7.5 gram rollers and you will be all set. Or get some 7.0 gram rollers and mix 3x 8.0 and 3x 7.0 to get the average and so you have a set to swap out when they get flat spots.

It's a fine balancing act with the weights of rollers and the spring strengths. If you really want to continue using the malossi contra spring then buy some lighter rollers maybe 6.0 gram and give it a go but I can guarantee you that the setup I mentioned above will work.

Regards,
    Curtis

mate
    2010 RS125 Gloss Black
    Arrow Exhaust (E Marked) | Moto Tassinari vForce3 Reed Block
    2002 SR50 Morini Ditech Matte Black SBK Replica 50cc
    Leo Vince GP can | 68cc Kit (Malossi) | Full Circle Crank (Malossi MHR HPC) | Primary gear kit (Malossi) | vForce2 reed block (Top Performances\Moto Tassinari) | 19mm bored throttle body
    2002 SR50 Morini Ditech blue 50cc FOR SALE (daily rider) 100aprilias/hr (80km/h)
    ECU "development mode" (apparently) | 19mm bored TB | Carbon reeds | Std. Variator | 6.0g Rollers [slightly heavy but good] (Malossi) | Std. Clutch | Red Contra Spring [Racing] (Malossi) | Blue Clutch Springs [Sport] (Malossi) | Custom Water Trap

Quote Originally Posted by Draftpunk View Post
    I had exactly the same bike and setup as you.
    Take out the malossi contra spring. Put it side by side with the original one, put something flat on top of them and push down in the middle to see that the malossi spring is weaker. Throw it away.
    Get some 7.5 gram rollers and you will be all set. Or get some 7.0 gram rollers and mix 3x 8.0 and 3x 7.0 to get the average and so you have a set to swap out when they get flat spots.

It's a fine balancing act with the weights of rollers and the spring strengths. If you really want to continue using the malossi contra spring then buy some lighter rollers maybe 6.0 gram and give it a go but I can guarantee you that the setup I mentioned above will work.

Regards,
    Curtis

I would've suggested the Malossi White contra spring with 7-7.5g rollers but your suggestion is good too. Although Sublunacy's tuning guide is geared towards carbureted engines, the rest basically remains the same. Would definitely suggest giving it a read through.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum newb
    Thank you very much guys! The problem was that i put washer between the variator and the cooling vane so the space was too big....

Draftpunk what was your top speed with that set?
    Aprilia Sr 50 Ditech Morini 2003
    Denso Iridium IU24
    Malossi Red Sponge
    Malossi Multivar 8.0gr
    Malossi Fly Clutch
    White clutch springs
    Malossi yellow contra spring
    Belt Athena
    Stock exhaust
    Oil Bardahl-KGR injection 2T
    Top speed 105km/h

Quote Originally Posted by Ivo7337 View Post
    Thank you very much guys! The problem was that i put washer between the variator and the cooling vane so the space was too big....

Draftpunk what was your top speed with that set?
    I've got the Malossi 70cc bbk and race ecu, Malossi carbon reeds, Malossi 15/40 gear-up kit, Malossi Multivar Variator with 7.5g weights, Jasil racing clutch, Malossi white contra spring, Malossi X-Special belt, Malossi red air filter and a Leo Vince ZX chrome exhaust and my top speed on flat ground is about 98km/h, down a hill I've gotten up to 109km/h. With a new air compressor, a water trap and some more fine tuning, I should have no problems doing 105ish on flat ground and nearly 120 downhill! Mine is a 2007 Morini SR50 R Factory. I also put a 200 watt Pioneer amp under my seat and 2 - 4"x6" Alpine Type-S speakers in the foot well right in front of my shins... The stereo is loud enough to hear with a full-faced helmet on doing 90km/h!!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk