Thread: Aprilia sr 50 engine full of gas, no start

apriliaforum newb

Aprilia sr 50 engine full of gas, no start

Hi, I have problem with too much gas in cylinder. When I clean spark plug and start engine to blow out gas and switch off fuel pump then engine starts for few moments then die. When I plug in pump again cylinder is again full of gas. I havenew spark...I clean fuel presure regulator and everything is ok, but cylinder is again full of gas. If I disable pump and clean cylinder and when starting plug pump again motor starts and once it was ok till engine off. I check ecu and dash no errors???? Any ideas....

Did you try resetting the errors to see if anything new comes up?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum newb
    yes, no errors.

apriliaforum Member
    check injector house all o rings.valve plates close good?

apriliaforum newb
    All orings are ok, I clean fuel presure regulator and no problem or mud. I reset tsp too and problem is the same. Too much fuel.... in second of starting spark plug is wet. Spark or is very strong 3 cm... but spark plug is filed with gas.... so no start. If I plug out fuel pump and turn engine till cylinder is empty and then try to start, engine start for few seconds. If I plug in fuel pump there too much fuel inject in ( a lot ).

apriliaforum Member
    tps will not help also no error will show cuz its not a electric issue.
    first of all,take off and hold air and fuel injector together and crank the engine.u should see a nice cloud spray.if not then one the injectors are dirty or orings damaged.most of the time airinjector getting too dirty (carbon build up) so clean it.also take off the intake mainfold and check the valve plates.
    check compression of aircompressor.
    when u take off that cap under fuel pressure regulator it seems dry or filled with fuel?check those 3 rings where u connect fuel in , out and aircompressor hoses on the injector house.
    Last edited by rank1; 08-05-2019 at 04:28 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    All orings are ok, no errors...engine starts for 2 minutes, then fuel tank was empty. When I fill gas tank, engine not start, same condition as at start- wet spark and full of gas in cylinder. No more ideas what to look for???? For info, when I took pipe from air compresor fuel came in line from injector.

apriliaforum newb
    Get the feul injector off/feul bowl then turn on the scoot not start only turn the key and look if feul is coming out the small hole off the feul injector maybe its leaking...

apriliaforum Member
    it must be flooding issue. Suspect: o-rings of fuel pressure regulator and fuel injector.Do u use original o-rings?These 2 parts and when the valve from regulator is broken causing flooding or leaks.I have a little flooding issue which causing bad choking performance,fouling airinjector and stuttering,but now bought the right o-rings and will replace them all to get perfect seal again.U cant use car o-rings,they use different sizes.One thing,when the fuel tank is empty which not recommended,the fuel pump can suck a little air and shit from the tank,so let it idle a or bleed the pump.turn it upside down then back.Is the fuel filter clean?Do u connect the right hose fuel in and out?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190819_163234.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	387170
    Last edited by rank1; Yesterday at 09:29 AM.