Thread: carb tube restriction jet

apriliaforum Member

carb tube restriction jet

I could have sworn I read an old thread here that discussed the restriction jet that's inside this grey tube on the TM34 carb, that it wasn't in the center of the tube and the tube needed to be correctly oriented when reinstalling (i.e you can't flip it around) but I can't find the thread.

It's of course also possible I'm totally imagining it.

Anyone set me straight? And I understand that many people say it's not necessary and you can remove it but this isn't what I'm asking Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carb.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	385665

that is called " power jet #2" according to the kit manual.

When i converted my bike to 95% kit spec, i deleted them and ran regular fuel hose.

according to page 17 of the kit manual

"the power jet II which is in the hose connecting between the float chamber and carburetor body should either be replaced with the jet of kit or be left removed. "

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattology View Post
    that is called " power jet #2" according to the kit manual.

When i converted my bike to 95% kit spec, i deleted them and ran regular fuel hose.
    I'm not sure what this "kit" is that you refer to. Can you provide a link to the kit instructions. I'm not going to be making any such change at this point but I'd like to be informed for curiosity sake.

The specific question I'm asking is, if I retain the hose with the OEM jet inside it, is there an orientation upon reinstallation or can it be installed either way?

apriliaforum Member
    Thanks for the "power jet #2" pointer. It let me find this via search which may be the post I was remembering (or there may be other similar mentions that I've not yet found).

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...l=1#post179333

Anyone have any info?

apriliaforum Junkie
    You probably would not notice if it was in or not. It basically slows how fast the fuel drops in the tube when off the throttle.
    There is a good video on YouTube of some one using clear tube showing the difference.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk