Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP: 2019 Round 10 - Czech Republic

MotoGP: 2019 Round 10 - Czech Republic

Sorry for the delay! Without further ado...

Track map courtesy of Brembo.com

Track information courtesy of MotoGP.com

Monster Energy Grand Prix České republiky
    Automotodrom Brno
    Czech Republic
    [td]
    LENGTH
    5.4 km
    3.36 miles
    CORNERS
    6 left - 8 right
    WIDTH
    15 m.
    49.21 ft.
    LONGEST STRAIGHT
    636 m.
    2086.61 ft.

DAY DESCRIPTION HIGH / LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY
    FRI
    AUG 2
    Mostly Cloudy 78° / 59° 0% NNE 6 mph 50%
    SAT
    AUG 3
    Rain 71° / 56° 90% NNW 9 mph 66%
    SUN
    AUG 4
    Mostly Sunny 77° / 58° 10% NW 7 mph 54%

The Gossip Girl

The "walk of shame". We all know it, some of us better than others. It's the long trek across the parking lot to work after a night of staying out longer than you probably should have, doing things that you probably shouldn't have with people you don't remember. It's hair disheveled and the wrinkled clothes that you wore yesterday smelling of old booze and regret. It's the crazy story that you'd tell later, if you could remember anything past the first couple of shots.

As the 2nd half of the 2019 season rolls into town, there are plenty of people who'll be making the walk of shame to their garages, trying desperately to forget their performance in the first half. And the first of them is....

Marc Marquez

If you thought those two words were in any way serious, you've lost your ever loving mind! The only thing that Marquez might feel some shame over is the absolute caning that he's been dishing out to the rest of the field. He's human, he's crashed, he's struggled, and somehow he still has the kind of lead that you would expect to see at the end of the second half, not at the start. That image at the top says it all, his bike cranked over so far that scientists are still studying it trying to figure out why it's not crashing. Lean record be damned, somebody needs to strip that Honda down to its thong and high heels and check it thoroughly for some form of retracting support device.

Valentino Rossi

Yeah, I purposely chose the picture where Rossi's in the background and out of focus behind Fabio Quartararo. You know why? Because it was impossible find a picture of him from the last crash... I mean race. Sure Rossi's fought and earned himself a podium, but there's no denying that right now he's being overshadowed by a rookie. Quartararo has equaled Rossi's 2 podiums this season, but most embarrassingly he's absolutely got qualifying - Rossi's arch nemesis this year - locked. Do you know how many times Rossi has made it into Q2 this year? Do you know how many times Quartararo didn't? I'd bet the first question was easier to answer than the second! And that's kind of the point. Rossi may be leading in the points, but Quartararo is taking all the glory. And it's well deserved.

Team Aprilia

That's right, I'm throwing shade over the whole program except the riders. Those poor bastards have been riding the wheels off that bike for little reward. Now yes, we all know that they're "trying"... but are they though? Remember when motorcycle swing arms were slabs of metal that looked like somebody stole an i-beam from a construction site and slapped it under a bike? Then along came Aprilia with the beautifully curved banana swingarm and the game changed. What about when motorcycles were controlled by cables, grease and a bit of wishful thinking. Aprilia throws in some computer wizardry and... ok sure the Cube was better suited as an outdoor grill but still; ride-by-wire suddenly became a thing. Sure Kawasaki beat them to the punch with the crazy looking H2, ironically even though they're not in GP competition any more, but Aprilia's come back as the first to introduce aero treatment to their supersports and are set to delve into active aero - a feature you'd expect on high end sports cars. So what on earth is going on with their GP program? KTM is so new to the series that it hasn't even been weaned and potty trained yet, and is leading Aprilia handily in the championship. Pol leads his brother by almost double the points.... DOUBLE! And while the KTM looks like it keeps getting stronger, the Aprilia is definitely struggling. With any luck somebody was burning the midnight oil all summer long and the team's got some tricks up its sleeve. Otherwise it's going to be a dismal 2nd half.
    Last edited by budoist; 08-01-2019 at 07:52 PM.

yeah. all i know is there will be czech girls.mmmmmmmmm.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. I’m gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    The time has come maybe Aprilia should have burned the bikes instead of the midnight oil?

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    The time has come maybe Aprilia should have burned the bikes instead of the midnight oil?
    It's definitely unfortunate that they lack any kind of success since they've came back but more manufacturer the better.
    I wish Kawa would come back to have a full grid of all kind of manufacturers, I like diversity.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarcoChamp View Post
    It's definitely unfortunate that they lack any kind of success since they've came back but more manufacturer the better.
    I wish Kawa would come back to have a full grid of all kind of manufacturers, I like diversity.
    I agree. My comment was a bit of a pun concerning Midnight Oil.

Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    yeah. all i know is there will be czech girls.mmmmmmmmm.
    Planning on Czeching out a banana eating contest?

Funny stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by budoist View Post
    Planning on Czeching out a banana eating contest?
    hell yes!!

in the way back machine my buddy was sending me pics from there all the time. i wanted to go. still would be nice.

on topic-this weekend should be interesting. is anyone making picks?
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. I’m gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

apriliaforum expert
    Pecco's bike receiving some unwanted attention
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190802-182655_Twitter.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	385664

MM
    Petrux
    Dovi
    WMRRA #98
    2013 KTM 990 SMT (street)
    2009 Yamaha R6 (race)

apriliaforum expert
    After seeing the new "aero package" for the Suzuki, I wonder how long until the nose section from a F1 car will be fitted to a motorcycle.
    2014 Tuono

Previous:
    2013 CB500X
    06 GSXR 750
    2009 SMV750
    2006 Ducati 749
    07 SXV5.5
    05 DRZ400SM
    04 RSVR
    94 Honda ST100
    03 SV650 Track bike
    01 Mille
    00 GSXR750

I doubt if MM will cross the line with folded arms at this race no time for arrogance here .

apriliaforum Member
    Q2 Dumbfounded, I’ve never seen anyone ride a bike like MM, He’s light years in front of any rider who’s ever thrown a leg over a GP bike. Rossi, Stoner, Spencer etc , none of them at their best could come close. Mentally he’s tough as old boots. He seems to ride beyond the limits for long periods. I was watching those last couple of laps with some knowledgeable folks and no one could speak.

apriliaforum expert
    indeed... he's showing that the 2nd half will be just the same as the 1st half, MM vs the rest of the world
    kudos to Zarco haha

2 1/2 seconds clear. Pushing on slicks in the rain on the last corner. 100 points clear by seasons end as there is no clear #2 at this point?
    Nice for Zarco to be on the front row. If it is dry tomorrow [likely] he is going to get swamped.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 12.03.49 PM.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	385708

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast