Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suzuka 8 Hour

Come on our English friends. Calm the farm.
    ē

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    Don't care........I've reached a point in my life where I couldn't give a shit what folks think, I'm done with being polite and considerate, nobody appreciates it anyway!

But hey, a smiley face would have been nice then we'd know you were joking.......if not....meh.
    Your ok in my book PP, i enjoy your frankness.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

Wow that went south quickly. lol.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    Wow that went south quickly. lol.
    Yip, NZ iz pretty far south.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    Yip, NZ iz pretty far south.
    You'd have to be on the South Island to be further South than where I am.
    Pretty sure Taranaki is Nth island, yes.

& PP, you speak your opinion, it's OK by me, at least it's rational.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    You'd have to be on the South Island to be further South than where I am.
    Pretty sure Taranaki is Nth island, yes.

& PP, you speak your opinion, it's OK by me, at least it's rational.
    Yip the Naki is central north island. After a couple of weeks hovering around 16-18C we are brought back don't to earth with a Southerly blast, only 13C today, but the sun is shining.

Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    So anyone who has a different view to you is a gobshite and a troll? Ok. He does make some valid points and is honest about his opinion of Rea, although he does state that he wanted Kawasaki to win.
    he dislikes rea, so is good to go in your book.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

i too was in dislike of rea.......till this year.for the firsdt time he proves that he is able to keep his head cool ,and ride to the possible max without '''loosing it''''. he,s been impressing to be honest.

before bautista,i was under the impression that he never faced any serious opposition,which is probably true to some extends....but with a deficit of 80+ points ,he kept working hard and kept his cool,did nothing stupid,waited when it was time to,stayed up collecting up runner spots to collect points,and when he felt bautista started to feel bad when he lost 250 rpm's ,he attacked hard , and won . he did a ''by the book''' job,and it paid off.

now,will see,but it is possible that bautista will ride by the book too,because some more '''ducati friendly''' racetracks are coming at him. he might get back like a rocket,but where rea kept working great and collected a maximum of points , bautista failed at collecting the 2nd spots which would have kept him in the title's race

must not have been watching races before this year.

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    he dislikes rea, so is good to go in your book.
    Lol I couldn't care less what other peoples opinions of riders are, my views are my own. Ditto brand loyalty, I dont have any, I've owned bikes from all the majors apart from Ducati so not bothered which team wins. This is a forum, it is about opinions . None of us are paid to be neutral or owe any factory or rider any favours. We disagree with others opinions but don't need to get abusive. Also I figured that we are all older than 12 , but words like fanboy and hater clearly show otherwise. Sad

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    There is no 5 minute rule in endurance racing like there is in WSBK anyway....but even if there was, 1.5 minutes away from the end of an 8 hour race? How would that work?
    I know that rule doesn't exist in endurance racing, that's why I said I'm not a fan of it in superbike and even said it should be modified so that it only applies (in superbikes) in the event that they haven't covered 2/3 distance so willl require a restart

Lol I couldn't care less what other peoples opinions of riders are, my views are my own. Ditto brand loyalty, I dont have any, I've owned bikes from all the majors apart from Ducati so not bothered which team wins. This is a forum, it is about opinions . None of us are paid to be neutral or owe any factory or rider any favours. We disagree with others opinions but don't need to get abusive. Also I figured that we are all older than 12 , but words like fanboy and hater clearly show otherwise. Sad
    ironic.

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

ape66

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    You do appreciate that the references I made, 'fanboys, trolls, gobshites, wankers, whatever......were aimed at the guy writing the piece that you referenced and generally the dimwits that seize every opportunity to get on the case of successful talented people they don't know but, for some reason, don't like?

I get that when it comes to Trump, but JR?

We spent an evening not so long ago with him, James Whitham and a selection of BSB riders at a fund raiser event in a small working men's club local to me to help out a guy we also funded at the time struggling to keep up the payments to keep his seat in World Supersport.....JR came over from Northern Ireland at his own expense, gave his time freely, no fuss, no 'superstar persona', no 'entourage', donated a shit load of his own stuff to be auctioned, gave his time freely to anyone that wanted to talk to him, got right into the craic with Whit & co, had a few beers with the locals....a thoroughly nice, down to earth humble guy......that's why it pisses me off when people have a go at him because there's really no justification.....its like a disease...... support a guy when he's an underdog then turn on him when he works hard and has the success that you'd wished for him previously.....fair enough if someone turns into a first class dick but I see no signs of that with JR.

None of it was aimed at you personally, I thought that was pretty evident...but if you chose to take it that way then what can ya do?

You seem like a fine upstanding fellow with an adult and relevant opinion to me....a bit spikey at times, but aren't we all?

Have a nice day anyway..........

apriliaforum expert
    Hey I'm not saying Rea is a bad person and that he doesn't do good things in his own time for people that deserve it.
    As for the guys opinion on motomatyers, it was a different view from those that were posted here. Even the author of the original article, Steve English had reservations, did anyone read it ?
    Steve English Suzuka 8 Hours Blog: The Best Team Won, But Was That The Right Result?
    Conclusion
    This was an incredibly complex series of events taking place in front of us. Race Direction didn't exactly cover themselves in glory, but the rulebook should have removed this ambiguity by following the guidelines of other FIM series. Kawasaki were right to protest. The correct decision was made on the basis of the regulations in place but I can’t help but feel that the right decision wasn’t made.
    I like a bit of controversy and I like reading into the detail. Sometimes it's good to question and not accept things at face value and also to take in others "opinions"
    Last edited by V4Victory; 07-31-2019 at 10:26 AM.

apriliaforum expert
    I like to think I'm a decent bloke PP. I will even extend hospitality to ya if you fancy coming down to Thruxton this weekend. I live 7 miles from the track

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast