Thread: Rattle at idel

apriliaforum prov-nov

Rattle at idel

https://www.bidbud.co.nz/2247598232

Any pointers Mana fans .

Not a lot to go on. Where is the rattle coming from?
    2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders

Given my recent experience I'd pull the transmission cover and check the front variator bolt hasn't come undone.
    Professional Goat Burster.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Yes your right, not a lot to go on . Its for sale by auction and quite some distance from me .all I have to go on is the advert . I don't mind taking gambles at the right price . I bought a Futura earlier in the year that was stolen and recovered . Paid $1950nz for it and was riding it 30mins after getting it home . Wasn't looking for a Mana but will find room for it at the right price . Made them an offer just incase they just want it gone like .
    Make: Aprilia
    Model: Mana
    Engine size: 850cc
    Kilometres: 8,710km
    Year: 2008
    Fuel type: Petrol
    Registration expires: No Registration
    WoF expires: No WOF
    Aprilia Mana 850cc 2008 BlackAutomatic Transmission Rego: B4BUNLow km, good tyres, little used.We imported this lovely motorcycle from Japan in October 2015.Although my husband, a motorcycle mechanic, loved it he also loved taking me with him so the Mana was very little used as he prefered the bigger Moto Guzzi for two large humans.The Moto Guzzi was an automatic Convert, hence the purchase of the Aprilia Mana, also automatic.Unfortunately the Aprilia has developed a rattle at idle. Now this could be just something loose, or it could be more serious.However it is a really lovely bike so I'm open to offers. Nobody can advise me and I'm not at all technical, have absorbed any information by osmosis!There are some really positive websites with Product Reviews, and Forums on the Web.Rego is on hold. Pretty sure it would get a W.O.F. as everything is working on the bike.Welcome to come and view it - Hillcrest, North Shore, Auckland.

The dead husband thing smells a bit fishy. Did he just check out yesterday or what?

Perhaps her wording is off and she could or should have been a bit clearer up front. Caution is advised.

Dogs are the best people.

I didn't see anything about him being dead? I suppose you could read that into it though???

She says he is in the comments.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    No bad vibes with this 1 . Bought a ducati Bevel drive Haynes manual off her already . 1 min was going to accept my offer then decided on the auction way . Can imagine she being advised by a few well meaning people . Can't say I have ever had a bad deal with an Italian bike owner . Never not made my way home on Italian bike under its own power . May not have had all the power but still got there :-) .

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDaddy View Post
    She says he is in the comments.
    Sorry, didn't see that.

No sorrow required, sir. But it does seem a bit odd, eh?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Whats odd , people die all the time , all to often bikers . Don't think a bike was involved in the death though . Owner has dealt with bike trans ( bike relocating company here ) i just don't see the Rat is all . What i see is a widow clearing the estate as such . They are not an overly popular bike here , have seen the same bikes advertised for month after month . Should the owner spend some coin to sort mystery problem and still have it sitting around on the they hope to make a little extra coin . Earlier in the day there was positive talk of accepting my 2.5G offer , later she reconsidered , not doubt been advised and there is a bit of interest in it . All to often its tyre ( tire as you say over there ) kickers getting excited that don't have the coin anyway . No skin off my nose anyway , was just a bike that popped up in my daily ( often hourly if home ) Aprilia search . Early bird gets the Aprilia like . Adverts from dodgy dealers don't normally come with a land line home phone number , that I know off .
    Last edited by desmodave; 07-28-2019 at 09:31 AM.