Thread: 2 stroke Tuning

apriliaforum newb

2 stroke Tuning

Hi lads got a rs125 been building it for years everything on it is new but installed a v-force 3 reed , pipecrosser pan filter , and it was running but hot ! So got a bigger main jet tuned out so spark plug is good and itís still bogging when I pull the throttle quickly any ideas ? Mot at the end of the month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the float level.
    You don't need to earn my respect.
    I give it freely.
    Whether or not you keep it is entirely up to you.

My experience with VForce reeds is they require a good bit of fiddling to sort the jetting. It's hot 'cause it's LEAN!!! Start with the screw/then pilot/then needle-needle jet then do the main. Careful jetting a stroker parts get expensive. get some help from a friend who races two-stroke is a good idea.
    oh well nevermind

What size Carb I have a Flat slide 34 with a 160 main and runs like a top ,I believe Piper cross is a good sounding name OEM is all so a goo sounding name . I had V 3's on the track flat out most of the time, but for road standard is OK.

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks for your replyís everyone Iíve got the standard car phbh 28 with all standard jetting apart from mate jet ! Iíve tuned up everything it Idles and manage to get the spark plug good but still bogs il do a video see what you guys think cheers

apriliaforum newb
    I got a 126 jet still too lean 28mm phbh standard sheís still drive able just crap power and getting hot like ! Atm 77 to 90 on the temp gauge what should it be after itís warmed up ?

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    What size Carb I have a Flat slide 34 with a 160 main and runs like a top ,I believe Piper cross is a good sounding name OEM is all so a goo sounding name . I had V 3's on the track flat out most of the time, but for road standard is OK.
    Itís a 28 mm phbh carb 126 main jet still too lean

I run a 140 main on the Mito I have similar to the RS I guess it just has a pipe ,there is a good section on the 125 sportsbike forum UK based one might find Info there it's where I go when I get stuck.

apriliaforum newb
    Cheers il have a look on there is there anyway of posting a video of my bike on here ? Just ordered a 130 and 135 main jet I also bought a bigger atomomiser and pilot jet

upload to youtube, and then you share the youtube link on here. seems to be the most fool proof way with highest rates of success...

example :

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.