Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cluch and neutral light..

apriliaforum prov-nov

Clutch and neutral light..

So this is situation (to be honest long time one) and because lack of good english i have video too.

When i press clutch, my neutral light go on. When i set up my clutch close to the grip, this is not happend, but when is set little far from grip, i have this issue.
    Also... it happend only when my side stand is up, when is down - no neutral light on clutch press. Also, bike is go off immideatly (side stand down), when i puth in gear, not when i release clutch to start mooving.

Can someone explane me where i shoud start to check, some expirience with similar situation.

Thanks on front

p.s.. i know about tacho, i will fix that after this
    Last edited by venicafe; 07-24-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Check the microswitch on the clutch lever under the oil reservoir. Probably has to be repositioned.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I was look, and look, and look.. But i can not find that microswitch..
    Can you please point me some how how to locate him

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190725_125541.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	385166It is under the clutch master. It has a threaded barrel and nut and mounts just inside the lever pivot. Just look up from underneath. It has its own 2 wire harness that you should be able to follow right to the switch.
    2002 Capo Wilbers rear shock, Wilbers front progressive springs, Metal fuel connectors, polaris sh775 series regulator direct wired, silicone vacuum lines, catfish map, CNC clutch slave, autoelectrics coils (2)sides, Triumph Denso 3990's centers, k&n air filter, all LED lighting, SS brake and clutch lines, Givi tall screen, Triumph tiger 955i mirrors, dual horns. Pure copper 4 gauge battery cables. Rox risers.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I was look, and look, and look.. But i can not find that microswitch..
    Can you please point me some how how to locate him

Thanks

Maybe it's better that you post a picture of the bottom of clutch oil reservoir where the clutch lever is joined

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks for help... i will set him up today

Tested, do not help that solution.
    We go on.. Thanks any way
    Last edited by venicafe; 07-28-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by venicafe View Post

When i press clutch, my neutral light go on. When i set up my clutch close to the grip, this is not happend, but when is set little far from grip, i have this issue.
    Also... it happend only when my side stand is up, when is down - no neutral light on clutch press. Also, bike is go off immideatly (side stand down), when i puth in gear, not when i release clutch to start mooving.
    Can someone explane me where i shoud start to check, some expirience with similar situation.
    p.s.. i know about tacho, i will fix that after this
    A clutch diode (part #AP8212382) exists in the wiring harness as shown circled in the upper left of the diagram below - part #18 on the schematic. It's located close to the diagnostic connector under the seat, and its purpose (via the clutch micro switch and diode module) is to allow the bike to be started in gear after stalling in traffic by squeezing the clutch lever, while preventing the neutral light from coming on each time you use the clutch lever for normal gear shifting. If it fails by allowing current flow in both directions, the bike will start normally, but you'll get the problem seen in your video. The likely reason it doesn't happen with the lever set close to the grip is because your lever travel isn't enough to actuate the micro switch at the lever pivot. But it should, so perhaps your bike has fat hand grips installed, or that micro switch may be loose or defective, or the paddle that actuates the switch might be bent. If that switch isn't activated by lever travel, you wouldn't be able to start the bike in gear after a stall by just squeezing the clutch lever - you'd need to first place the transmission in neutral.

Your issue with the engine stalling with the stand down when you select any gear other than neutral is a design feature of the safety interlock system - controlled by the diode module shown at bottom right of the diagram. This also prevents the engine being started while resting on the stand and not in neutral. But more importantly, it eliminates accidents caused by neglecting to retract the stand before riding off.

Stu

Name:	neutral diode.PNG 
Views:	12 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	385315
    Name:  diode.PNG
Views: 141
Size:  35.1 KB Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diode pic.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	385318

Name:	clutch switch.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	385319
    Last edited by Stu_O; 07-27-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Stu, beautifully explained.

apriliaforum prov-nov

No comments Stu. Respect!

One question.
    I think that microswich is ok, because, everything is ok, just my neutral light go on when i press. Maybe diode is not good? What are chance for that?

Thanks alot
    Last edited by venicafe; 07-28-2019 at 04:32 PM.

One question.
    I think that microswich is ok, because, everything is ok, just my neutral light go on when i press. Maybe diode is not good? What are chance for that?

Thanks alot

The symptoms seem to indicate a shorted diode. It would be easy enough to pull it and test it to see if it is allowing current flow in both directions. And easily replaced by a part from your electronics supplier if it is bad. It looks to be an IN5404 rectifier diode.
    Last edited by bkmo; 07-28-2019 at 06:42 PM.
    2002 Capo Wilbers rear shock, Wilbers front progressive springs, Metal fuel connectors, polaris sh775 series regulator direct wired, silicone vacuum lines, catfish map, CNC clutch slave, autoelectrics coils (2)sides, Triumph Denso 3990's centers, k&n air filter, all LED lighting, SS brake and clutch lines, Givi tall screen, Triumph tiger 955i mirrors, dual horns. Pure copper 4 gauge battery cables. Rox risers.

Similar Problem, worth to take a look

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...rk-(correctly)

One question.
    Maybe diode is not good? What are chance for that?
    100% But, you also need to make sure the clutch switch is activated by squeezing the clutch lever. It clearly is, with the lever adjusted as it is now. But if you want to adjust the lever closer to the hand grip, find out why doing that prevents the switch from being activated, and correct that issue.

Stu
    Last edited by Stu_O; 07-29-2019 at 09:05 AM.

I have just sorted an issue with my clutch switch not operating. The lever was warn so badly that the little actuator on the lever did not reach the switch to operate it. Fortunately I had a spare lever, swapped it out and issue is now resolved.
    08 ETV 1000 Caponord
    NC705X DCT - The Blue Toad
    Honda PCX125 - White Lightning

apriliaforum prov-nov

not solved

ok, this is situation...

i was change diode (without to test old one), but problem still exist . Original diode is IN4007, and i was replace her with same one. I was try to make test with diode from other Caponord, but on him, situation is totaly different, wires go back someware in instalation.
    Micro switch is ok.. working good, i can start the bike if i press the clutch. Situation with "close to grip" moment is maybe because of different clutch model (i was change them with after market one, to be honest, chinese one).

Some other reccomendation???

Thanks for help to everybody, Aprilia should make monument to this aftermarket forum.
    here are the photos

Name:	2019-07-29 13.47.21.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	385560Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-07-30 09.32.08.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	385561Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-07-30 09.33.32.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	385562
    new one (normaly at the end protected in heat shrink tube)

Name:	2019-07-30 19.42.57-1.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	385563
    situation at other Caponord (that one is 2003 model i think)

Name:	2019-07-29 20.26.22.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	385564

Thanks one more time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast