Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cluch and neutral light..

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Bump...

apriliaforum expert
    Have you bled the clutch system at all? From what you said, independent of lights, the bike will start moving when you have the side stand down even if the clutch lever is pulled in. That seems more a mechanical/fluid problem than electrical.

"Also, bike is go off immideatly (side stand down), when i puth in gear, not when i release clutch to start mooving."

The above has nothing to do with diodes or switches as the clutch function by fluid pressure not electrical. Even with the engine off and ignition key out the clutch should function.

Before you concern yourself with indicator lights I would deal with the safety issue of the bike moving under power when the bike is in gear the clutch lever is pulled in and the side stand is down. While the interlocks should prevent the bike from moving with the gear engaged and sidestand down that isn't the problem you described, the bike moves with the clutch lever pulled in and that is a mechanical/hydraulic issue.
    Last edited by CapoEVT; 08-17-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    ETV stands for Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle. The only thing better than having one is having two.

I read that as the bike shuts off when put in gear, not when the clutch is released. Sounds ok to me. It should not run when in gear with the sidestand down.
    2002 Capo Wilbers rear shock, Wilbers front progressive springs, Metal fuel connectors, polaris sh775 series regulator direct wired, silicone vacuum lines, catfish map, CNC clutch slave, autoelectrics coils (2)sides, Triumph Denso 3990's centers, k&n air filter, all LED lighting, SS brake and clutch lines, Givi tall screen, Triumph tiger 955i mirrors, dual horns. Pure copper 4 gauge battery cables. Rox risers.

apriliaforum expert
    Bike moves when put in gear and not when releasing clutch. Probably a language barrier but low clutch fluid would do that. The bike starts and with brakes on manages to go into gear. Immediately pulls forward. Sure sign of low fluid or something like that.

I'd still start with making sure the clutch is working as it should and then attend to indicator lights and interlocks.
    ETV stands for Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle. The only thing better than having one is having two.

apriliaforum expert
    Venicafe, does the Capo move forward when it is in 1st gear and clutch lever pulled close to the grip regardless of sidestand position?

If you have a center stand, put it up on that and start the bike with clutch lever pulled in and transmission in neutral. Then shift I to 1st but do not let the clutch lever out. If the rear wheel moved rapidly then service the clutch fluids. I recommend you do this with nothing in front of the bike, you are seated and applying the front brake so that if something bad happens there is no disaster. You can also then try different sidestand position to get a repeatable condition and document the behaviour.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Ok, definetly language barier..

Ewerything is ok with clutch/side stand.
    When i put in 1st (side stand down), bike go off immediatly. That i not issue

Please sorry for my bad english, and misunderstanding.

But diode problem still exist

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by CapoEVT View Post
    Venicafe, does the Capo move forward when it is in 1st gear and clutch lever pulled close to the grip regardless of sidestand position?

If you have a center stand, put it up on that and start the bike with clutch lever pulled in and transmission in neutral. Then shift I to 1st but do not let the clutch lever out. If the rear wheel moved rapidly then service the clutch fluids. I recommend you do this with nothing in front of the bike, you are seated and applying the front brake so that if something bad happens there is no disaster. You can also then try different sidestand position to get a repeatable condition and document the behaviour.
    This was make me worried little.
    When capo is with rear wheel up, engine runing, from neutral to 1st, clutch pressed till end.. Wheel is start to moove, but not rapidly, just slowly.
    I was just change all fluids (on start of the season)
    Is this normal (slowly), or...?

Thanks for help
    Last edited by venicafe; 08-20-2019 at 02:24 AM.

A little clutch drag is normal - Not something I would worry about.
    08 ETV 1000 Caponord
    NC705X DCT - The Blue Toad
    Honda PCX125 - White Lightning

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks to all..

Some other idea about neutral light, or to try to change microswitch, what assume that is problem to be honest..

Any way.. I'm on ride most of the time.

apriliaforum expert
    The rear wheel will rotate slowly when in gear and clutch lever pulled if the bike is up on the center stand, no worry about that. If it spins rapidly then it is something to look at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12