Hey guys

Sadly my pegys tacho shorted.

Below you find a picture of the board.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6173CDA5-02CA-4DC7-BFDD-CCDA037E0FA3.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	384907

Do you think its possible to fix it? If yes how? If no, is there a cheap way to replace it, maybe another not genuine model that works?

Thanks

I can't see the short, although the bottom of the pic is a bit dark.

It may be OK as there is never too much current running through the printed curcuit board.

I bet there will be someone who does pcb repairs, can't see it being too much especially as you have disassembled it.

I doubt you will be able to use a dash from another bike as the dash and ECU are very much connected and work together. there is bound to be a lot of pegaso specific things going on htere even if it does resemble a number of other Aprilia dashes.
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands. Douglas Adams

Heres a place in UK.

https://www.ieruk.com/printed-circuit-board-repairs.php

You are bound to find something similar locally
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands. Douglas Adams

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbi View Post
    I can't see the short, although the bottom of the pic is a bit dark.

It may be OK as there is never too much current running through the printed curcuit board.

I bet there will be someone who does pcb repairs, can't see it being too much especially as you have disassembled it.

I doubt you will be able to use a dash from another bike as the dash and ECU are very much connected and work together. there is bound to be a lot of pegaso specific things going on htere even if it does resemble a number of other Aprilia dashes.
    Indeed, imo it doesn‘t look destroyed too much. As we connected it yesterday, a bit smoke appeared. If you look at the middle right side you can see the the 1NVO4 (the second one below the first one) is melted down. Not sure if there are further damages

apriliaforum newb
    I am totally confused now!!! I‘ve tried it again. It worked just fine. I feel totally perplexed???!!?!! Yesterday it smoked and a part of the platine is melted and now it works fine?? Shall i just run it??

well it is good to hear that nothing has burnt out. can you point out where the short happened? Perhaps you can introduce a robust barrier by cutting way material or even drilling it through?

apriliaforum newb
    The picture below, I‘ve marked the point where a bit of plastic melted down. Else it looks fine. I‘ve made a test run and it ran well. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A1F7A4BC-EEDF-48FC-B720-F24E64F0FD09.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	384960

No I've only limited experience with printed circuit boards but this is an overvoltage/ thermal overload transistor.

most important that you check that your regulator/rectifier is pushing out the right voltage - no more than 13.8 volts. anything over and there is a problem here and it has blown this protector.

Would say it would be very easy to replace this on the pcb once you have found the fault.

Heres datasheet of what it is or very close thing

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbi View Post
    No I've only limited experience with printed circuit boards but this is an overvoltage/ thermal overload transistor.

most important that you check that your regulator/rectifier is pushing out the right voltage - no more than 13.8 volts. anything over and there is a problem here and it has blown this protector.

Would say it would be very easy to replace this on the pcb once you have found the fault.

Heres datasheet of what it is or very close thing
    Thank you. I think what could has been the mistake is that we may have connected the instrument the wrong direction. Usually this cant happen but we connected the instrument without the case so it was possible to set it connect the pins with the We were trying to solve the boring backlight issue that had already occured several times. Would you recommend to do any further actions now since its running again? I drove it for about an hour today and it did fine without issues? Im worried to do it worse.

Yep that is never going to make the dash happy! I wouldn't d any more to it now. I think youve had a lucky escape there!