Thread: Flashing red warning light

apriliaforum newb

Flashing red warning light

Hi Guys. I recently changed the oil myself on my 2009 Mana 850. I did it once back in Feb. It’s a daily commuter. So, after a few days the general red warning light (triangle with a !) started flashing. To be exact, the warning only flashes under certain situations, ie when I come to a stop and then accelerate. Otherwise, the sign doesn’t flash. Other info: bought the bike around ~6500 miles and now has ~11500 miles. Have always changed the oil on a regular basis, but other than that no other major maintenance. I know a big one is coming up at 12k according to the Manual and it recommends changing the drive belt. Not sure if the warning light is related to that.

Has this ever happened to you? How did you fix it?
    Last edited by theshahshank; 07-22-2019 at 12:09 PM.

There should be a word at the bottom of the LED display to tell you what the red warning light is indicating. Something like ABS or GEAR or similar. Have you checked the diagnostic menu for fault codes? As far as the 12k service is concerned, if the belt needs changing, the display will say BELT but won't put on the warning light until it is overdue to be changed. If you are a conservative rider and usually ride in one of the auto modes then the belt will probable last a lot longer than 12K. You can ignore it until the display actually does say BELT.

The flashing red light normally indicates that the immobiliser is set. Faults are normally indicated by the red light simply being on. Might be worth checking the plug from the ignition switch to the loom to make sure it has good contacts and possibly reseting things by pulling out the master fuses for a few minutes and then see if the flashing light returns.
    2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders

apriliaforum expert dadsafrantic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theshahshank View Post
    Hi Guys. I recently changed the oil myself on my 2009 Mana 850. I did it once back in Feb. It’s a daily commuter. So, after a few days the general red warning light (triangle with a !) started flashing. To be exact, the warning only flashes under certain situations, ie when I come to a stop and then accelerate. Otherwise, the sign doesn’t flash. Other info: bought the bike around ~6500 miles and now has ~11500 miles. Have always changed the oil on a regular basis, but other than that no other major maintenance. I know a big one is coming up at 12k according to the Manual and it recommends changing the drive belt. Not sure if the warning light is related to that.

Has this ever happened to you? How did you fix it?
    i've had it flicker before but never stay on. it put me into the gear mode thing before too. my belt indicator never did come on. i had it done at 28,XXX miles.
    Dadsafrantic

2015 Red Caponord #64
    2008 Mana Grey #81, hyperpro springs and shock, gpr furuore, rigid lights, bark busters, kaoko throttle lock, puig touring screen