Thread: V4 MP app

apriliaforum newb

V4 MP app

Hello,

I've read a lot about people having issues with the app but mostly connectivity problems or app crashes.
    I can connect to my shiver 900 (2019 model) so I see both the red phone icon and AMP icon on my dash.
    When i open the app (iphone 8) the dash and trip functions work fine but I cannot click on the map function. So basically the app doesn't respond when i try to click "Map".
    I got told it might be a mapping problem and i should get it updated at the dealer but i dont see how that would affect the iphone app.

Anyone else have seen this problem before? Don't want to start bothering my dealer while it might be my phone or the app itself

I also have the app on android, and also can not open the cards after the update of June been, for June the cards worked. So I think this is purely the app that works bad. I would wait and hope for an update of the app soon.

I also ordered the Shiver 2019, normally it will arrive in early August
    Aprilia Shiver 900 / Alfa Romeo 147 1.9JTD 8v Squadra Massimo +

apriliaforum newb
    Hello to all!!

I'm thinking about ordering a Shiver 900 And I tried the bike at my dealer.
    He failed to operate the GPS display on the motorcycle dashboard (As in the picture below)
    Has someone succeeded?

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

I asked the dealer if I could put the graphic and GPS on the screen for the 18 version and they said no, that it is exclusive to version 19.

apriliaforum newb
    Thank you for your feedback @vruno !

someone would have a feedback for the model 19 ?

Thanks!

apriliaforum newb
    Hi,
    today I tried navigation on my new 2019 Shiver with Iphone 8 and it seems to be working. There was probably some application update some time ago, because about 2 weeks ago application allways crashed during adding waypoints. Now it is ok.
    Siya: I dont think it is a matter of bike, even in manual there is stated that navigation can even work without bike itself. So I guess it is problem of application/phone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AMP.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	386177

apriliaforum newb

V4 MP app

The 2018 Shiver (mine) runs V4-MP identical to the Tuono of the same year which two mates have. Their dash screens just have some more info on brake force distribution. The 2019 models have a new interface that’s not backwards compatible.

The new shiver uses something called MIA and it’s identical to the one used on the Guzzi V85. The dash is new so it’s brighter with better colours and contrast as well as some new features such as using the phone to project GPS maps / routes on the dash with turn by turn voice and voice commands).
    Only seen the Guzzi dash and app (today as it happens).
    The app asks for VIN numbers, bike model, owner details, current mileage last inspection / service etc so that it sends you alerts when stuff is due.
    It also has location of the dealers in the map.
    The rest is similar to what we have on the 900 with a newer interface that’s less windows 95

Considering all the electronics crammed in the dash display nowadays, I don’t think it’s economically viable to swap the complete unit just to get voice commands that your Bluetooth handles anyway and GPS display who’s functionality comes from your phone anyway.

Just get an SP connect for the phone and use google maps.

On a secondary note, I will be upset if the new shiver has a fuel gauge........Hate having to use the trip to calculate and wait for the reserve light to go on!
    Sometimes I accidentally reset the trip on a ride while trying to pause or skip songs on Spotify..........the toggle button is the same!

Coz

P.s other than bike colours, new LCD dash new app/multimedia jobbie - the bike is identical to the 18.

Should see one in the flesh when it arrives end of the month at the dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 SV650s
    2018 Shiver 900

apriliaforum newb
    So i am wondering. When not connected to your bike, can you guys open the maps function in the V4 app?

apriliaforum newb
    Yes, now i am 200km away from bike and can open map in V4 app and even let it navigate me.

apriliaforum newb
    Thank you for your feedback @JohnyH !!

the navigation works very well for me,

just look carefully in instruction booklet, (for setting first use to contact the bike to fone:
    step 1: go to menu riding mode in the bike, and select bluethooth pairing, and press on the bike mode button briefly.
    step 2: turn on the bluetooth of the fone and select scan for devices,
    step 3, normally you should be able to see BT-ROUTER on the fone, select it and enter code 0000.

normally it should now work automatically

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierick View Post
    the navigation works very well for me,

just look carefully in instruction booklet, (for setting first use to contact the bike to fone:
    step 1: go to menu riding mode in the bike, and select bluethooth pairing, and press on the bike mode button briefly.
    step 2: turn on the bluetooth of the fone and select scan for devices,
    step 3, normally you should be able to see BT-ROUTER on the fone, select it and enter code 0000.

normally it should now work automatically

Did all of that. I can access dashboard and trip info. It registers everything. Only thing is I cant open the maps function on the app. Must be a software issue

apriliaforum newb
    Hi, my new shiver is on order, I'm wondering what that is on the bottom left? Is it a USB power point?

Shiverbaz , Congratulations, what color ordered?

Yes, that thing left is a USB charging point