Thread: Pod filter jetting problems

Pod filter jetting problems

the owner of the shop i tune my bikes at just put his RS250 back together.

when running in california at thunder hill and sears point it was using #430,460 main jets. it has pod uni filters on it with no air box at all.

he has since re jetted to 430/450 i believe but when i tried to run it on the dyno it soaked the plugs like you wouldn't believe. i think it's way too rich but i don't have other no-air box bikes to compare to.

my bike with carbon airbox - 340/350 main jets near sea level in the summer in florida
    my dads bike with stock airbox - 270/280 same day same conditions

i would love to hear what you guys may be running...

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.

apriliaforum Junkie
    It would be nice to run with no Airbox but everybody says use the air box. Alot of racers use the air box with the lid off.
    I had a air leak and was running 330 and 340. I fixed my air leak and now running 290 300 with two extra holes in the standard Airbox with a 300 kit.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by james106gti View Post
    It would be nice to run with no Airbox but everybody says use the air box. Alot of racers use the air box with the lid off.
    I had a air leak and was running 330 and 340. I fixed my air leak and now running 290 300 with two extra holes in the standard Airbox with a 300 kit.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

yeah... i've tried to tell him..

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

apriliaforum newb
    Think I'm right in saying 2 stroke engine performance is increased with higher % air volume

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    330-360 seems to be the range I remember for zero power gain and a shitload more noise.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Pretty sure it has been discussed at length here and other forums [I]just don't do it[/I]
    Put the air box back and enjoy a happy life

again, this isn't my bike, i don't have a horse in the matter..

my bikes have air boxes, and run great