Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with sr 50

apriliaforum newb

Help with sr 50

Hey i just bought a 2006 aprilia sr 50 Im not sure whats done to it or much about it. If someone could help me identify and tell me the best exhaust and my options of what i can put on my sr 50. I currently hit 54 as my max downhill and cruise at 45 to 50 on flat ground. I will leave a link to take you to a picture of my sr 50 below please tell me my exhaust options and possibly with links and what you think is already done to it.
    My sr 50 - https://ibb.co/St6FZ5y

Ooh, minus the apple logo on the back and the scratches on the front. That is a beautiful scoot!! Whereabouts are you located? That will determine which site would be best for you to order from. It's a Morini engined Aprilia SR50 R Factory. One great place to order from is here, this link is to parts that fit your exact scooter:

https://www.scootertuning.ca/en/1008...h-04-08-morini

Also check out Sublunacy's tuning guide.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sublunacy View Post
    -That exhaust looks fine. I bet it does what it is supposed to do. The carb and airbox and 50cc cylinder all has gotta go.

<For 200-300usd you could get the good airsal 70cc kit and bigger carb and filter...a good vforce reed valve will set you back another hundred

check my tuning guide in my signature for full details.
    Wouldn't he need the DiTech to carb conversion kit as well??

apriliaforum newb
    Thank you for the replies so disregard what you were saying?

apriliaforum newb
    Sorry for late reply I’m in United States Pennsylvania, sublancy said his guide does no apply.

Sub's guide is geared towards carbed bikes....
    2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50cc - 65cc Airsal BBK, 17.5 Delltoro PHVA w/echoke, vforce reed cage, Doppler filter, Leo Vince Touring exhaust, Malossi Multivar, Naraku 4000 rpm clutch
    2004 Aprilia Mojito Retro 50cc - 70cc DR BBK ported/polished along w/cases, balanced crank ,19mm PHBG carb, Topperf reed cage, oil pump delete, Polini boost bottle, Doppler Alien eye filter, Motoforce rear shock, Mojito 125 front fork shocks, Turbokit Exhaust, Topperf variator, Malossi Delta clutch, Pirelli SL60 tires and much much more
    2003 Vespa ET2 50cc
    2001 Triumph TT600

Although his guide is geard towards carb bikes. The principles remain the same. Only thing is, forget the carb, your bike will tune itself as far as fuelling goes, not quite as well as a carb would but carbs are tricky and finicky. I just went for a Malossi 70cc bbk with race ECU and carbon reeds, a Malossi Multivar Variator, Malossi Delta Clutch, Malossi red sponge air filter, Malossi X-Special Drive Belt and a Leo Vince ZX exhaust pipe. I also got the gear-up kit but I wouldn't suggest that as I don't think it really helped. I still get about 230km to a 7L tank of gas and about 3500km per Liter of oil. I use the Malossi 7.1 race oil as my scooter runs best on it.

coo...thanks Joel...i suspected as much...
    2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50cc - 65cc Airsal BBK, 17.5 Delltoro PHVA w/echoke, vforce reed cage, Doppler filter, Leo Vince Touring exhaust, Malossi Multivar, Naraku 4000 rpm clutch
    2004 Aprilia Mojito Retro 50cc - 70cc DR BBK ported/polished along w/cases, balanced crank ,19mm PHBG carb, Topperf reed cage, oil pump delete, Polini boost bottle, Doppler Alien eye filter, Motoforce rear shock, Mojito 125 front fork shocks, Turbokit Exhaust, Topperf variator, Malossi Delta clutch, Pirelli SL60 tires and much much more
    2003 Vespa ET2 50cc
    2001 Triumph TT600

Quote Originally Posted by jixaw View Post
    coo...thanks Joel...i suspected as much...
    Yeah, the capabilities of the DiTech are lower than the carbureted ones but they're far more manageable in more situations, especially if you're frequently changing elevation. I'm in Vancouver and frequently go up into the mountains, if I had a carburetor, I would have to bring other jets along with me and change them up throughout the journey based on elevation. One other benefit of the DiTech is not having to pre-mix the gas and oil.

I still use Sublunacy's tuning guide all the time just for every part except the carb section. He's essentially helped me get to the point I'm at now which is fantastic! It's too bad Vor made him so upset that he's removed most of his posts. Really too bad for all of us.

I bet I would love to have an FI 4t bike just for simplicity's sake....but i am at the same elevation all the time so i really dont need to cchange jets that often.....and the bikes i have and like are more of hte classic styled vespa look so im limited.....

dont worry Joel...we can still reach out to him if we have troubles...i can get you copies of his guide if you need...

I'm really glad his info has helped you...its really helped me too...im not a 2stroke mechanic by any means but he has helped me with all my bikes throughout the years....I have actually sent him top ends to port and polish and they came out amazing...

I think Vor is just the resident troll who doesnt know how to tune a carb..i dont think he is old enough to ride so i try not to tool on him....he has a few different aliases but we are able to track him based on his sign in location and just try to ignore him...
    2003 Vespa ET2 50cc
    2001 Triumph TT600

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by joelbo View Post
    It's too bad Vor made him so upset that he's removed most of his posts. Really too bad for all of us.
    LOL I didn`t make him do shit, you dumb cunts. He sperged out because he can`t handle inquiries into some of his claims (eg. do you have a source for your claims that the vforce reed will bring massive improvements all the way from a stock setup, specifically 1hp on a dyno) and some friendly feedback on how to improve his guide (which he has silently implemented at this point anyway).

What does his guide provide in terms of accurate information that the FAQ or a simple search won`t do at 10x eloquency and elaboration anyways? I`m curious how it helped you, specifically...

By tha way jixaw, you should keep that avatar because it really suits your maturity level.
    2006 Aprilia SR50 Factory (Piaggio Purejet C361M)
    ECU v. 2.8.0 derestricted

oh vor *sigh*
    2003 Vespa ET2 50cc
    2001 Triumph TT600

apriliaforum prov-nov
    https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...=1#post4573196
    ^^What happens when you listen to jixaw.

But does the boy learn, even one fucking bit before he blabbers on to the next victim of his mimetic vforce reed obsession? No.. he pivots to "other problems that needs to be uncovered" as an excuse.

The cognitive dissonance is strong with this one..
    2006 Aprilia SR50 Factory (Piaggio Purejet C361M)
    ECU v. 2.8.0 derestricted

Wow, I didn't realise how terrible Vor is! Simply, WOW! Sublunacy, Louder North, HGT and jixaw all know what their talking about... Vor, my goodness you are a piece of work! After reading your sheer obnoxious comments and complete lack of help in your responses, I have no choice but to agree with the others. You simply have no place here. This forum is for people who wish to help others and, in turn, help themselves. Judging by your comments and remarks, you seem like the kind of person who thinks "your shit don't stink" and you just love hearing the sound of your own voice. I am appalled by the fact that I didn't second the motion to ban you.

Thanks a lot for being so unhelpful and, even worse, causing the people who actually do help, want to quit and be done with this forum. My god are you ever worthless!

We lose the most helpful and skilled people here in exchange for a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by jixaw View Post
    oh vor *sigh*
    Is there any way you could reach out to Sublunacy and find out why he banned me? We got along great and I always directed people to his tuning guide!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast