Thread: this is awesome

apriliaforum expert dadsafrantic's Avatar

this is awesome

actually this is my typical luck, (irish)

i had an issue with the nike not starting https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...-won%92t-start
    pete and andy were quick to help. it's all done

well mostly. when i went to put the pieces back on the bike i noticed that there were 2 holes, one on either side of the tail/light/license plate assembly which had no threaded part to screw an allen nut to. then i remebered a couple of metal tabs falling out when i unscrewed them in the first place. at first i thought aha! it looks like it should slip into place and i'd be good. not so. they are both broken off. not being very adept at fabrication i thought i'd see if there might be some thoughts for a solution.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1963.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	384495

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1964.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	384501
    Dadsafrantic

2015 Red Caponord #64
    2008 Mana Grey #81, hyperpro springs and shock, gpr furuore, rigid lights, bark busters, kaoko throttle lock, puig touring screen

They look like the brackets that are attached either side of the support plate above the fuel tank. I can't remember if they are bolted on or welded, but I'm guessing welded as they aren't shown as a separate item in the parts diagrams. Are your fabrication skills up to adapting a couple of angle brackets? You could use spring clip nuts rather than welded on ones and drill the support plate to put a nut and bolt through to hold them in place. (Being careful not to drill through the tank of course) If you have a contact with a MIG or TIG welder you could simply get the brackets welded back on, but that will probably need fuel tank removal first...

Good to hear you got it started again.
    2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders

I figure that Iím able to do what you have recommended. Iíll be careful not to drill through the tank. I figure if I didnít drop the match when I was checking the level I should be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dadsafrantic

2015 Red Caponord #64
    2008 Mana Grey #81, hyperpro springs and shock, gpr furuore, rigid lights, bark busters, kaoko throttle lock, puig touring screen

well it's simple. i hjave all the bits required for the job. i have to just dremmel/grind off the tab parts still on the bike which is including the weld itself. next day off as i have run out of time. i have used a modern version of the old fix we all know. instead of bailing wire and duct tape i used zip ties to secure it in the mean time. nice and sturdy.
    Dadsafrantic

2015 Red Caponord #64