Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To Capo or not to capo

apriliaforum expert
    So much is made about the Capo's issues and while the problems are valid they are hardly unique to the Capo.

Honda's ate value guides and ended up being recalled, some of their models chew up stators for breakfast, an entire series grinded cam lobes to dust while Yamaha had gauge clusters routinely go beserk. BMW lost its rear ends and transmissions to the point a mid 2000s model is worthless once that problem shows up along with their ABS issues that start in the $2000 price range. Suzuki recalls rectifiers regularly and their ADV competitor to the Capo in the same year ranges had unworkable fueling issues that were only resolved after a near riot by owners. Some rather famous Italian bikes had fuel tanks that swelled like balloons on helium connected to the arse of a bean eating baboon.

So while the Capo does have issues, not everyone with one experiences the gamut and considering the bikes are now closing on 20 years old in many cases, few others are a happy no-touch love affair after purchase. Oh, and Triumph ignitors and coils? Who can forget Honda stands for uncontrolled heat?

Yes, Capos need some care, so does my wife but I'll never think that care wouldn't be needed on another model and she had never let me down, strained my patience sometimes but never given up the ghost and disappeared.

I haven't owned them for too long but long enough to know the things we experience as faults are things common in motorcycling but at least we have fixes.
    ETV stands for Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle. The only thing better than having one is having two.

apriliaforum expert the_toe_cutter's Avatar
    You sound like youre suffering from confirmation bias x 2. A stock one is not a reliable bike, not even fucking slightly! In fact i'd take any gs over one if i wasnt allowed spanner on it, thats sayin something.

Futurawales has a fut and has slogged his way through the myriad of shite that will go wrong (them and ours) and fixed it. He is from the same tribe as you and me, understanding that is key but know we are very much the minority.

An unfixed capo will burn yer arse without fixes. I've had two friends totally curse thiers and swear never again. "Worst bike ever" shit.
    These are ordinary fellas who have busy lives and have other interests. They expect it to be a bike. To hold charge, for the clocks not to go zap, for the factory to correctly seal the linkge bearings, for the loom to have correctly spliced joinings and earths, for the petrol connectors not to be made of brittle plastic, for the clutch slave to not wee itself and a major one, for it not to self immoate and countless other shit were all bored of hearing about. I reiterate, an unfixed capo is a major liability to you if you dont speak its language.

Obviously, to you and me and Futurawales and the rest of us types, its an opportunity, a bike we know how to fix and one we see as an real diamond in the rough. A bike you can form a relationship with and have pride of ownership in knowing that it was you that whipped her into shape. But you have to be one of "us" and if your not you're quite right to call it unreliable.

My advice to you capoetv is have a click on Stu_O's avatar and read every started thread hes ever put up. Even a fella as squared away as him has fought for his bike to be reliable. Fuck he had open heart surgery on the bastard lately and had to replace the fookin loom lol!! He services on time yet i can guarentee you servicing has represented at best 25% of his time working on the bike. Chasing and fixing ghosts and factory fucks has been the the other 75.

Also there are friday examples kicking about that are absolutely hilarious! Hands up who remembers chrisonord lol! Half assed shit from the factory that manifest as ghosts in the machine that can frustrate even the lads who dont go onto google to figure out whats wrong and how to fix it.

Like Futura wales I'm looking over the fence at a futura as i think i can get one cheap, a non runner and do whats needed and more and have a vfr beater for cb250 money, but I'm no fan boy, i know what can and does go wrong nevermind the likes of kingbearing joys. Thats why theres no bs when i talk to him, cos he knows exactly what hes looking at same as i do when looking at a fut
    Brum Brum

apriliaforum Member FuturaWales's Avatar
    Thanks TC. I appreciate that understanding and the backing you've given me there. Very much from the same tribe with the issues around the Fut and the Capo and I've learned the hard way.

To some extent, having gone through all that on the Futura, I'm wiser and more prepared to take on a capo in the majority of things. And im not afraid to spanner on it...but It would be nice to not have to.

I went and saw that local one today. Just 10 mins up the road.
    It's an 06 plate with bat ears and flame red paint....and its labelled as a rally raid on the log book..very strange.

I quizzed the owner and its had all the necessary fixes and has some extra, so in principle I'm confident in it. I gather he's bought it whilst it was parked up for a while, hes given it the once over, MOTd it, and now it's for sale. All the work was done by the previous enthusiast owner to him.

Heres the advert on Ebay. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F401808264528

Some interesting points about it.
    Including the GPR cans, a "unique" hugger, centre stand, adjustable screen, full luggage etc.

But....it must be an import at some point. Clocks read just 456 miles....and the MOT history shows a change from KMs 25000kms at second to last MOT in 2015. Probably parked up from 2015 to 2019 and then had clocks changed to miles and reset to zero just before last MOT....that seems off but may be perfectly innocent. But my question to you is, is that possible and normal?

GPR cans were loud....and that's coming from a guy running staintunes without baffles on the Futura. He says stock ones are available to come with it though. (I did only start it in the shed with the cans against a block wall to be fair, so it's probably not as bad as it sounded)

No mirrors

Panniers are different red....not end of the world but a frustration knowing it's almost impossible to match the paint like for like on the flame red.

I didnt test ride it this time or get it out the shed, just sat on it and started it, as it's on a SORN.

Personally, I think it's a bit steep at 2650ono and I'd really like to be at the 2k mark and be all set and ready to go.
    Much like Fugazi's one would be. Sadly he's the other side of the country and someone else is already going to see it tomorrow from what I gather. So I'll be holding off till at least then so I can find out if it sells or not.

I forgot how big it actually feels when you're sat on it. Which is just what I want actually, and which brings me back to the rally raid.
    One of the guys here has a rally raid for sale in Sheffield with h&b gobi panniers, 56k on the clock, and mostly sorted problems. The slightly taller adjustable suspension, those panniers and the bar risers etc are appealing above and beyond some GPR exhausts and lower mileage.......so for £2k I could get that subject to the inconvenience of going to get it.

This is the sort of thing that's got me torn, rather than the fixes and the fiddling. It's the fundamentals, the hard to source components which require significant investment and/or time to change.

So that's me firmly on the fence between different Capos, but pretty well convinced that I'd like one vs the competition. If an 1150gs adventure with all the gear came up for 2k next door.....I'd probably stray....but failing that.....continue with the plan to acquire the "right" capo

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    2003 Caponord ETV 1000 Rally Raid
    Formerly owner of a specced out Futura....sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    Is the one near you in raid colours ? If it is itís si evens bike itís not a raid but a good rep he is a ok bloke and the bike will be ok he does a bit of off road he got knocked off a few years ago but will be repaired well as for the on in Norfolk he is a fastidious man and it will be right Iíd jump on both bikes and ride across Europe without fear I think it up to you I prefere the one in Norfolk as simons is not a rallyraid
    It could be this one....not certain though. It's not in raid colours, but had rally raid on the log book which was odd.

apriliaforum expert
    I hear you but, with almost as many bikes passing through my hands as I am old (60+) the vaunted brands held up as the better really aren't. I think he was asking if the Capo needed stuff he wasn't or hasn't seen before as coming from the Futura or was so bad it would send him packing. Going through that forum, there aren't any, they share some issues and almost all those issues are shared with other bikes made in Italy. So the answer would be no, dive in and get one and having had a Futura he'll not be too put off by attending to relatively minor issues

In a weekend what can't be addressed to make the Capo a daily ride as you like bike? Nothing. There isn't a single issue that doesn't crop up on other bikes, including BMWs.

Reading the Pegaso forum you'd think without fixing them out of the factory they can't go down the street. I had one, never touched it other than oil and chain lube and it never ever had a problem. Not one. In thousands and thousands of miles it remains as one of the most reliable bikes ever, completely stock. I got the only one?

There are no Italian made bikes that aren't half assed out of the factory, none and I've a few including Aprilia besides the Capo.

There are the horror stories, the trials and tribulations but that is why forums exist, people with perfect bikes have nothing to talk about.

If he's done a Futura, a Capo is nothing to worry about and I think that was his concern.

Compared to a GS, a V-Strom 1000, A Super Tenere it comes down to exactly what you need out but for what it was designed to do, the Capo does it. When it comes to why not something else? Anyone looking at an Italian anything and who can't answer that question might be better off with something else, I'll agree 100%.

I've never met anyone who bought any Italian made bike because out of the factory they were reliable and low maintenance stock as they came. Every single one was either a cheerleader or just had to have it. Anything less and it's just a big disappointment.
    Last edited by CapoEVT; 07-08-2019 at 04:56 PM.
    ETV stands for Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle. The only thing better than having one is having two.

Quote Originally Posted by FuturaWales View Post
    Thanks TC. I appreciate that understanding and the backing you've given me there. Very much from the same tribe with the issues around the Fut and the Capo and I've learned the hard way.

To some extent, having gone through all that on the Futura, I'm wiser and more prepared to take on a capo in the majority of things. And im not afraid to spanner on it...but It would be nice to not have to.

I went and saw that local one today. Just 10 mins up the road.
    It's an 06 plate with bat ears and flame red paint....and its labelled as a rally raid on the log book..very strange.

I quizzed the owner and its had all the necessary fixes and has some extra, so in principle I'm confident in it. I gather he's bought it whilst it was parked up for a while, hes given it the once over, MOTd it, and now it's for sale. All the work was done by the previous enthusiast owner to him.

Heres the advert on Ebay. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F401808264528

Some interesting points about it.
    Including the GPR cans, a "unique" hugger, centre stand, adjustable screen, full luggage etc.

But....it must be an import at some point. Clocks read just 456 miles....and the MOT history shows a change from KMs 25000kms at second to last MOT in 2015. Probably parked up from 2015 to 2019 and then had clocks changed to miles and reset to zero just before last MOT....that seems off but may be perfectly innocent. But my question to you is, is that possible and normal?

GPR cans were loud....and that's coming from a guy running staintunes without baffles on the Futura. He says stock ones are available to come with it though. (I did only start it in the shed with the cans against a block wall to be fair, so it's probably not as bad as it sounded)

No mirrors

Panniers are different red....not end of the world but a frustration knowing it's almost impossible to match the paint like for like on the flame red.

I didnt test ride it this time or get it out the shed, just sat on it and started it, as it's on a SORN.

Personally, I think it's a bit steep at 2650ono and I'd really like to be at the 2k mark and be all set and ready to go.
    Much like Fugazi's one would be. Sadly he's the other side of the country and someone else is already going to see it tomorrow from what I gather. So I'll be holding off till at least then so I can find out if it sells or not.

I forgot how big it actually feels when you're sat on it. Which is just what I want actually, and which brings me back to the rally raid.
    One of the guys here has a rally raid for sale in Sheffield with h&b gobi panniers, 56k on the clock, and mostly sorted problems. The slightly taller adjustable suspension, those panniers and the bar risers etc are appealing above and beyond some GPR exhausts and lower mileage.......so for £2k I could get that subject to the inconvenience of going to get it.

This is the sort of thing that's got me torn, rather than the fixes and the fiddling. It's the fundamentals, the hard to source components which require significant investment and/or time to change.

So that's me firmly on the fence between different Capos, but pretty well convinced that I'd like one vs the competition. If an 1150gs adventure with all the gear came up for 2k next door.....I'd probably stray....but failing that.....continue with the plan to acquire the "right" capo

I'd say that some of the lads on here know that bike. I don't think I've seen at it of the UK camping doo's. I'd have remembered the palmer or is mastad screen dealio and the ropey hugger paint (sorry p.o.!). Btw that hugger was likely from a one off group buy on this site. Dig it up, your previous owners probably on there.
    Betcha haga knows this bike??? Hes an encyclopedia on members bikes.

Re the clocks absolutely anythings possible lol. My bet is they shat themselves and were replaced or repaired and somehow zeroed. Iirc i think theres been instances of zeroing on some clocks and even changing of units from shorts. Search Moto abruzzo's posts. If they were repaired its possible it was by him. As you know this is a documented shit happens dealio on capos and futs.

Overall i would not buy that bike. Its most likely been down the road and it's not a raid. Saucy enough money too.
    I dont know what Fugazi has mileage wise on her but she is fresh and he knows his Capos. I crawled over it at a couple capo meets and he has some overkill lovely touches from his lathe n milling mc and all his mods would be the same.
    His bike is get on and enjoy sorted. He very recently sorted another issue in the baseplate wiring pass through. Thats a nice pain in the ass sorted there.

Overall i get that bad buzz re the red one, not for me.

If you want a raid buy one! I dont dig the colour but lots do and to me the extra height would be a liability. Aftermarket can match or outspec its suspension set up. The one thing it has which is essential is that fantastic bar/riser set up. Best set I've used on any bike.

For me the most telling things in deciding ownership is mileage under say 35k (that's just me tho) and a peak under the tank and lhs seat plastics.
    Under the tank I'd like to see a nice swage job done on the fuel line. Id like to see the s/steel omega fuel release couplers and spare o rings in viton in the tool kit.
    If i saw sagem coils I'd sigh a little because thats an issue that will bite. If renault or other coils have been adapted id poke around that and gauge the quality of work done. Has the lt coil connectors been chopped? Again it's not a bad aign in of itself but the woek would wanna be nice!
    If i saw tech auto coils and new vacuum lines I'd smile.

Under the seat I'd wanna see a mosfet regulator with some tasty delphi weather proof connectors, a 30a inline fuse to the + of correct gauge and an additional eath for the -. Stanleybobly does sweet kits for this.

Dont be afraid to scratch and sniff and by now your geeting a feeling on why I'm recommending buying Fugazi's! All this work would have to be done right as hes a right anal fecker and he will laugh when he reads that.
    Doesnt have to be done the way I've outlined, there are perfectly good belt and braces fixes that are acceptable, but they have to be done right. Sorting out other lads shit mods is a serious pain the hole. In fact I'd sooner a stock unmodded bike to do myself than reinvent some A holes fixes.
    Last edited by the_toe_cutter; 07-08-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    Brum Brum

Quote Originally Posted by the_toe_cutter View Post
    I'd say that some of the lads on here know that bike. I don't think I've seen at it of the UK camping doo's. I'd have remembered the palmer or is mastad screen dealio and the ropey hugger paint (sorry p.o.!). Btw that hugger was likely from a one off group buy on this site. Dig it up, your previous owners probably on there.
    Betcha haga knows this bike??? Hes an encyclopedia on members bikes.

Re the clocks absolutely anythings possible lol. My bet is they shat themselves and were replaced or repaired and somehow zeroed. Iirc i think theres been instances of zeroing on some clocks and even changing of units from shorts. Search Moto abruzzo's posts. If they were repaired its possible it was by him. As you know this is a documented shit happens dealio on capos and futs.

Overall i would not buy that bike. Its most likely been down the road and it's not a raid. Saucy enough money too.
    I dont know what Fugazi has mileage wise on her but she is fresh and he knows his Capos. I crawled over it at a couple capo meets and he has some overkill lovely touches from his lathe n milling mc and all his mods would be the same.
    His bike is get on and enjoy sorted. He very recently sorted another issue in the baseplate wiring pass through. Thats a nice pain in the ass sorted there.

Overall i get that bad buzz re the red one, not for me.

If you want a raid buy one! I dont dig the colour but lots do and to me the extra height would be a liability. Aftermarket can match or outspec its suspension set up. The one thing it has which is essential is that fantastic bar/riser set up. Best set I've used on any bike.

For me the most telling things in deciding ownership is mileage under say 35k (that's just me tho) and a peak under the tank and lhs seat plastics.
    Under the tank I'd like to see a nice swage job done on the fuel line. Id like to see the s/steel omega fuel release couplers and spare o rings in viton in the tool kit.
    If i saw sagem coils I'd sigh a little because thats an issue that will bite. If renault or other coils have been adapted id poke around that and gauge the quality of work done. Has the lt coil connectors been chopped? Again it's not a bad aign in of itself but the woek would wanna be nice!
    If i saw tech auto coils and new vacuum lines I'd smile.

Under the seat I'd wanna see a mosfet regulator with some tasty delphi weather proof connectors, a 30a inline fuse to the + of correct gauge and an additional eath for the -. Stanleybobly does sweet kits for this.

Dont be afraid to scratch and sniff and by now your geeting a feeling on why I'm recommending buying Fugazi's! All this work would have to be done right as hes a right anal fecker and he will laugh when he reads that.
    Doesnt have to be done the way I've outlined, there are perfectly good belt and braces fixes that are acceptable, but they have to be done right. Sorting out other lads shit mods is a serious pain the hole. In fact I'd sooner a stock unmodded bike to do myself than reinvent some A holes fixes.
    Wise words there TC.
    And those are the things I told myself I'd look for.
    It's hard not to get seduced by convenience, and in this instance that feels like what's happening.

I'll see if I get the chance to buy Fugazi's. Fingers crossed that it's still available by the time I get there.

I hear you but, with almost as many bikes passing through my hands as I am old (60+) the vaunted brands held up as the better really aren't.

Define better. If by better you mean more reliable then I'm leaning towards the you're wrong vibe. As I've outlined from over 10yrs capo ownership they're a bag of shit stock "unfixed". Really! Count yourself lucky if she doesnt go on fire bad. This is known, accept and move on lol.
    My carb blackbird is not beyond reaproach but it doesnt exist in the same universe of potential problems as the capo.

I think he was asking if the Capo needed stuff he wasn't or hasn't seen before as coming from the Futura or was so bad it would send him packing. Going through that forum, there aren't any, they share some issues and almost all those issues are shared with other bikes made in Italy. So the answer would be no, dive in and get one and having had a Futura he'll not be too put off by attending to relatively minor issues

Absolutely, i think he should buy a capo, I've made that obvious. They suffer all we do in terms of mods and are harder to work on with packaging and king bearing issues are an arse pain. I never suggested he shouldn't. I suggested he get one fixed and fixed well so he can dump his money into mods that likely appeal to him like monoshock and fork emulator/intiminator/spring/brake upgrades. Read hos mods on the fut.

In a weekend what can't be addressed to make the Capo a daily ride as you like bike? Nothing. There isn't a single issue that doesn't crop up on other bikes, including BMWs.

Yep if i had what i wanted in stock i could probablt sort a stock capo in a day no probs. But again my point was not pertaining to Futwales, it was regarding the notion theyre forgivable foibles. They are not to the uninitiated or most non capo informed mechs. Why do we flock to centres of knowledge like af1, Grant and others when the dealers down the road could fix it?! Answer: because they cant.

Reading the Pegaso forum you'd think without fixing them out of the factory they can't go down the street. I had one, never touched it other than oil and chain lube and it never ever had a problem. Not one. In thousands and thousands of miles it remains as one of the most reliable bikes ever, completely stock. I got the only one?

Sweet and no offence but I dont care about Pegasos. Back to capos...

There are no Italian made bikes that aren't half assed out of the factory, none and I've a few including Aprilia besides the Capo.

Yeah, I'm not gona own other italian bikes most likely, back to capos...

There are the horror stories, the trials and tribulations but that is why forums exist, people with perfect bikes have nothing to talk about.

Won't disagree with ya. Learnt a ton on here and lieing under a capo!

If he's done a Futura, a Capo is nothing to worry about and I think that was his concern.

Yep. Said that a bunch to him. Said he should buy one because of that.
    My points earlier were that he and us are about the only folks who should buy one unless you have a resource like Stu, Tim Crasher, Catfish, Grant, Micah, Af1, etc and no know how.

Compared to a GS, a V-Strom 1000, A Super Tenere it comes down to exactly what you need out but for what it was designed to do, the Capo does it. When it comes to why not something else? Anyone looking at an Italian anything and who can't answer that question might be better off with something else, I'll agree 100%.

not so the brakes but that's just my stance.

I've never met anyone who bought any Italian made bike because out of the factory they were reliable and low maintenance stock as they came. Every single one was either a cheerleader or just had to have it. Anything less and it's just a big disappointment.

Italian bikes for the most part dont come onto my ownership radar. A multistrada was a pull for a while but not now, too unreliable after what I've heard from some owners. Again just my tuppence. Back to capos...

What you seem to be missing in my posts is that it's not everyone that should buy or be recommended a capo or fut. They are beyond the average non spanner head and likewise the average service shop. They bust balls and when a mate of mine asks about buying one i spell that out to him. My dr riding buddys eyeing one up and i tell him budget for this this this and this and this oh and that too. Funny look comes over him...
    All forgivable to us yep 100%, but they are not reliable till finished. If somone says to me, and there are some, "caponords are unreliable" i agree wholeheartedly, but at the end of that conversation i smile and say that one aint.
    Brum Brum

It could be this one....not certain though. It's not in raid colours, but had rally raid on the log book which was odd.

No that’s not si evens bike as TC says I’d give that red one a miss I remember it on eBay with folty clocks think it sold for about £1400 it’s not a forum bike as far as I know if you can get Tony’s bike I’d go tor it I’d even try offering a bit more to get it as it is sorted I’ll contact Simon tomorrow if you won’t a raid rep if it’s for sale I’ll pm you details

The capo in the advert was Rickeyevans bike off here and there is some history on the forum about it, the detail of it being a rally raid on the log book jogged my memory on this one.

The rear Hugger is one of the batch that Robbie got made up (I know as I bought one and it's still on my bike) and I'm fairly confident it was Grumpygits as his was the only one I saw painted 🇮🇹 Italian colours.

Pugwash
    Remember, you cannot outrun a motorola!

2003 Caponord
    2007 FJR1300AS
    2010 KLX250

Yep that's the one, I found it late last night. It was indeed Rickyevans bike, I've had a flick through his post history and the main confirmation is that it was/is low mileage, has been well used and abused in that time - he dropped it fairly early on, the clocks failed when the kms were changed to miles, hence it being on 450 odd now.

I dont know if the guy who has it now has ever even ridden the bike to be fair as he acted surprised when I mentioned that issue.

And yes, all the bits were from Grumpygit.

How much are the clocks to fix? As I never had an issue with my futura ones luckily, I escaped that lesson. Is it possible to reset the correct mileage back to it?

Otherwise, it's technically a fairly open book having read all that. But I certainly wont be paying anything ear the asking price if I were to make an offer. So I expect he may tell me to sod off anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    No thatís not si evens bike as TC says Iíd give that red one a miss I remember it on eBay with folty clocks think it sold for about £1400 itís not a forum bike as far as I know if you can get Tonyís bike Iíd go tor it Iíd even try offering a bit more to get it as it is sorted Iíll contact Simon tomorrow if you wonít a raid rep if itís for sale Iíll pm you details
    That's very interesting....
    Perhaps information he would rather I hadn't known about the red one if you're memory served you correctly.

I think I am interested in a raid rep, if only in mods rather than paint colours. There is still this genuine one for sale from a forumite, so I could always go there too. Where is Simon located? Is this the Simon who is mentioned a lot in Ricky's posts? Also had a KTM adventure?

I think the raised fat bars are good for me in terms of riding positon, so I appreciate I could just add those on. But I'm also seduced by the additional seat height and ground clearance, as I genuinely would like to do some gravel lanes, light dirt etc. It will still be 90% road going, but if I know it can do something, I'll seek more of it out

Yep that's the one, I found it late last night. It was indeed Rickyevans bike, I've had a flick through his post history and the main confirmation is that it was/is low mileage, has been well used and abused in that time - he dropped it fairly early on, the clocks failed when the kms were changed to miles, hence it being on 450 odd now.

I dont know if the guy who has it now has ever even ridden the bike to be fair as he acted surprised when I mentioned that issue.

And yes, all the bits were from Grumpygit.

How much are the clocks to fix? As I never had an issue with my futura ones luckily, I escaped that lesson. Is it possible to reset the correct mileage back to it?

Otherwise, it's technically a fairly open book having read all that. But I certainly wont be paying anything ear the asking price if I were to make an offer. So I expect he may tell me to sod off anyway.

In terms of repairing the clocks the simple answer is yes they can be repaired and the correct mileage reprogrammed into them.......however.

To the best of my knowledge there are only two people who have the ability to do this, Beasthonda (Andy) and MotoAbruzzo (Karl), Andy used to work in F1 and was the first man to break cover and work out how to reprogram and repair these dash's even offering a limited service doing so until his boss at work stopped him doing this in his break times, he has changed occupations and is unable to offer any repair service now.

Karl may be able to offer some support, he has recently relocated to the UK after living the dream abroad for some time and now works in the UK, he worked with Andy on how to understand the operating logic of the dash and therefore how to reprogram them even to the point that they could offer options such as temperature display in Celsius on UK dashboards. Karl is no longer active on this forum but does run his own very informative website which he recently relaunched and it can be found here http://caponord.co.uk/

Just to add following other discussions on this thread, anyone buying a Caponord really needs to have an amount of practical skills to carry out some well documented modifications to release the best of the bike, looking at your profile you are such an individual and as long as you approach this project with your eyes wide open then you will really enjoy the bike. I have run my capo for over a decade and in excess of 50k miles and apart from the battery crapping out and leaving me and Mrs P stuck at the side of an Autobahn (can't blame the bike for that one) have only had a few small issues and have used the bike for touring across Europe fully loaded two up on a number of occasions and Mrs P still maintains its far more comfortable than my newer FJR.

Preventative maintenance, as with anything, is the key and a small amount of time in the garage equals a large amount of fun on the open road.

Pugwash
    Remember, you cannot outrun a motorola!

2003 Caponord
    2007 FJR1300AS
    2010 KLX250

Thanks pugwash.

Fut, fyi I'm 5 11 with 32 inch leg with just a shade over stock seat height. Any more it would be an inevitability that shes get dropped paddling around or pulling up on a bad camber. Sat on a raid once, they're lofty. Just an fyi.
    Brum Brum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast