Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Lorenzo considers retirement

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by cggunnersmate View Post
    Or Olivera, he had a great ride at the Redbull Ring this weekend.
    Yeah, and he is really new to it all. If he can figure it out and Zarco can't doesn't bode well for Zarco. A shame to, as he was great fun to watch. But good for Olivera, he seems to be figuring this out. I really don't expect much from Hafizh, but Pol does well and Olivera may be figuring it out.

The Fish is on his farewell tour anyways. Ktm should be interesting next year with Pol, Olivera, Binder, and brand X.
    Windmill cancer survivor.
    I don't care about my apathy.

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    WP Suspension and a steel trellis frame...nuff said
    Great for the road tho, WP makes great road suspension, and steel trellis frames look so much better than great chunks of aluminium, Have you looked closely (on tv) at the Moto 2 ktm frame, man it looks trick.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

When WP still was a dutch companay they where world champs with Benetton and Schumacher , yes F1.
    No clue how the race department is doing now, taken over by KTM and transfered to Austria.
    Front end feel on max lean is mostly frame, suspension isnt pushed heavily there and frame and fork flex (is feel) is on the same angle as the lean angle. difficult stuff.
    Ducati never got it right but with the Gigi designed alu/carbon frame its still not the best bike around corners.

Like to see Zarco back on a suki.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    The ohlins carbon fork uppers are exactly for suspension feel while leaned over in the corner. Yes KTM now own WP and their offroad bikes are very poorly suspended compared to the japanese offerings. They have their own ideas and whilst that might be innovative it doesn't appear to transition well to production methods and tolerances. I hope they do well and if you they do get an advantage then they will steal a march on the rest of the grid. Showa tried the same but didnt succeeded. If you work with ohlins like the rest of the field at least you know it's one less factor that could be holding you back.

Aja - When all my dime dancin' is through
    Quote Originally Posted by cggunnersmate View Post
    Or Olivera, he had a great ride at the Redbull Ring this weekend.
    It’s good seeing him click. When he does get it sorted, watch out.

He’s a gritty little fighter.

And nice to see Binder staying up the front. Learning to preserve his tyres seems to be paying off at the end of the race. Who knew?

I am biased, though - been following Binder and Oliviera since junior classes pre MotoGP.
    “The sad thing is you will never be freer or more yourself than when it’s five in the morning, the sun’s about to rise and you’re out of your mind” Nick

“Trump? He’s as stupid as a man who bought his stupid at a two for one sale.” Nancy.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    The ohlins carbon fork uppers are exactly for suspension feel while leaned over in the corner. Yes KTM now own WP and their offroad bikes are very poorly suspended compared to the japanese offerings. They have their own ideas and whilst that might be innovative it doesn't appear to transition well to production methods and tolerances. I hope they do well and if you they do get an advantage then they will steal a march on the rest of the grid. Showa tried the same but didnt succeeded. If you work with ohlins like the rest of the field at least you know it's one less factor that could be holding you back.
    Hood point.I think at this top level though WP can do whatever Ohlins do.They have every way imagineable to check exactly what’s going on with forks and shock at every conceivable lean angle and surface I would think.

Aja - When all my dime dancin' is through
    And Bagnaia - Great rookie season.
    “The sad thing is you will never be freer or more yourself than when it’s five in the morning, the sun’s about to rise and you’re out of your mind” Nick

“Trump? He’s as stupid as a man who bought his stupid at a two for one sale.” Nancy.

Haha ^^

KTM reminds of Ducati from the past. Look at how well they did in the rain, same as the Duc was before they fixed it. Frame too stiff?

apriliaforum expert cggunnersmate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02RSVVT View Post
    Haha ^^

KTM reminds of Ducati from the past. Look at how well they did in the rain, same as the Duc was before they fixed it. Frame too stiff?
    IDK, the frameless Ducs were competitive in the wet and largely uncompetitive in the dry excepting Stoner. Those bikes were very stiff considering the engine was the chassis and the Bstones had super stiff carcasses. Maybe it was a wheelbase/stability thing that made the Ducs more competitive in the wet. They were also supposed to have had brutal power deliveries back in those days, maybe the tamed it really well in wet settings.

Granted wet races usually take out major bike advantages IRT horsepower and it often comes down to the bravest rider who doesn't crash.
    Brent
    Chief Gunnersmate
    U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
    Orlando Area
    '12 Tuono V4
    '03 Tuono (For Sale)
    '01 Speed Triple (RIP) 8/26/11
    '98 GSXR 600 (traded for the Tuoldo)
    '86 VFR Interceptor (died in Puerto Rico 20 years ago)

apriliaforum Junkie WAZZU_Mille's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by craigo298er View Post
    Look at Stoner, he went out because he wasn't happy. If that's what it takes for Lorenzo, so be it. He'd leave a big gap in talent to be filled

I was wondering today if Rossi would hang it up after the poor showings recently
    I thought Stoner retired because he had a stomach ache...……and diarrhea
    I work since millions on welfare depend on me.

2010 RSV4 Factory

Quote Originally Posted by WAZZU_Mille View Post
    I thought Stoner retired because he had a stomach ache...……and diarrhea
    Nah, he always said he wanted to beat an American for the World Championship but ended up deciding he couldn’t continue to wait for the 300 million of you to produce some talent that could actually twist a throttle....
    Gen 1 Tuono
    Tuono V4

That's a great response ^^^ , I have always respected Casey's talent and admire his retirement plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonno View Post
    Nah, he always said he wanted to beat an American for the World Championship but ended up deciding he couldn’t continue to wait for the 300 million of you to produce some talent that could actually twist a throttle....
    oh snap!!!
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. I’m gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

apriliaforum Junkie WAZZU_Mille's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonno View Post
    Agree on that....it’s sad that the 300 million could give 2 shits for this sport or else they’d have a bigger interest in it.
    I work since millions on welfare depend on me.

2010 RSV4 Factory

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast