Thread: AWC settings fault/Error

AWC settings fault/Error

Hi, first time here but been lurking around the threads for a while.

The bike is a RSV4-13 Factory

I have a problem when choosing the settings in the menu for AWC and ALC
    I can reach the menu and I can set the AWC for example to 1, but when browsing thru the menus down to ABS the AWC automatically turns back to 3.

I have run the guzziDiag and it doesn't get any fault codes from it, original ECU with what suppose is the OEM Map 1338AB13.

Any one experienced a similar problem?

Well welcome to the forum former lurker.

That is one weird thing going on there, glad you videoed it.
    Your bike is haunted, you may need an exorcist. lol

Things I would try;
    Disconnect battery for a couple of minutes & reconnect. (you will need to reset your clock)
    Try turning off AWC for a few rides & see if it solves the issue.
    Turn off ATC & cycle the ignition a few times with time in between, ride the bike with it off, then turn it all back on.
    Check all earth/ground wire connections.
    Check connectors for corroded contacts at the back of the Dashboard & at the ECU.
    Check for any other sign of wiring harness damage.
    Check charging system voltage & battery health.

EDIT; you have the old map, 1338AB13, on your ECU, updating to the latest map, 13A9AB23 or the Race map 13A9AD23, may also solve your issue.
    Last edited by plocky; 07-08-2019 at 04:02 AM.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    (...)
    EDIT; you have the old map, 1338AB13, on your ECU, updating to the latest map, 13A9AB23 or the Race map 13A9AD23, may also solve your issue.
    What Plocky said, my two cents are that You can try to set AWC & ALC, both to 2 (tamper with it a bit). But it sure looks like a software issue, so next best bet is to flash it. I have same bike, same year, didn't have that issue on stock mapping but that was brief as Tomik flashed mine to Race coz of the Akra i have.

Ty
    The exorcist thing is one solution that crossed my mind!

Things I would try;
    Disconnect battery for a couple of minutes & reconnect. (you will need to reset your clock)

I actually did this, because I charged the battery on the shelf while doing some other work on the bike.
    All tho i did measure low voltage on it after firing it up around 12-12,2 volt

Try turning off AWC for a few rides & see if it solves the issue.

Been away now for 3 consecutive trackdays and changed the AWC to 1 and instead of toggle the menus went back to normal display mode, and the setting seemed to stay on 1 that way.
    but as soon as I went back and changed any other setting it turned back to 3, but if I let it be it stayed put on 1

Turn off ATC & cycle the ignition a few times with time in between, ride the bike with it off, then turn it all back on.
    Same result as the video, turned everything off, also tried to do it in the "menus" section where you change all the other stuff

Check all earth/ground wire connections.
    Cleared all connectors from ECU/regulator no change
    Check connectors for corroded contacts at the back of the Dashboard & at the ECU.
    Check for any other sign of wiring harness damage.
    Check charging system voltage & battery health.

you have the old map, 1338AB13, on your ECU, updating to the latest map, 13A9AB23 or the Race map 13A9AD23, may also solve your issue.

This, I hope its a failure in the map, i have downloaded the map in the ECU to send it away (not all sure to who, but I think its in the Guzzidiag thread on whom I should send it?)
    since a want the race map anyways with full system on the bike.

Gotta mention that its a trackbike only, so I have done some testing outside the garage but I cant do that to frequently since it is in the middle of the city.

/ G

apriliaforum Member
    You can flash the ECU Yourself, just read and understand the guzzidiag thread.
    The cables cost around 30$ on ebay and You can do additional things, like diagnostics etc. (but i reccomend loneltec as I did test them).
    BTW when You read Your map I'm interested if the sha or md5 will match any map that Paul has, as to see if it's glitched (hope not), or worse, You have ecu issue, like corrupted part of memory chip.